Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University formerly known as the Uttar Pradesh Technical University is the most renowned university for professional courses in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The university will conduct UPSEE exam in order to shortlist the candidates for UPTU 2021 admission. 15% of the total seats in private institutes will be filled by Management Quota for which appearing in UPSEE exam will not be necessary.
There are 11 papers to be conducted under the UPSEE exam for admission to different courses. In this post, we will discuss complete details regarding the UPTU 2021 admission such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application form etc.
UPTU 2021 Important Details
The tentative schedule of UPTU 2021 admission is given in the table below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||4th week of January 2021|
|Last date to submit online application form||Last week of March 2021|
|Availability of correction window||4th week of March 2021 to 1st week of April 2021|
|Release of Admit Card||3rd week of April 2021|
|Date of exams for UG courses||Last week of April 2021|
|Date of exams for PG courses||1st week of May 2021|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of May 2021|
|Counselling||Last week of June 2021|
Note: The exact dates will be updated on this post after the release of official notification.
UPTU 2021 Courses offered and Entrance Exam
The university will conduct 11 papers for UPTU 2021 admission to different courses as given below:
- Paper 1: B.Tech. / B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)/ B. Des./ MCA(Integrated)
- Paper 1 or Paper 2: B.Tech. (Bio-Technology)
- Paper 2: B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering) only
- Paper 3: B.Pharma
- Paper 4: B.Arch
- Paper 5: BFA/ BHMCT/ BFAD/ MBA(Integrated)
- Paper 6: B.Tech. 2nd Year lateral Entry (for Engg. Diploma Holders)
- Paper 7: B.Pharm 2nd Year lateral Entry (for Pharmacy Diploma Holders)
- Paper 8: B.Tech. 2nd Year lateral Entry (for B. Sc. Graduates)
- Paper 9: MBA
- Paper 10: MCA
- Paper 11: 2nd Year lateral entry in MCA
UPTU Eligibility Criteria 2021
The candidates need to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria in order to appear for the UPTU 2021 entrance exam
For UPTU B.Tech 2021
- The candidate must have passed class 12th with Maths, Physics and any one of Biology/ Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ technical vocational subjects.
- The applicant must have at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates) at 10+2 level.
- The candidate must have passed class 12th with Maths, Physics and any one of Biology/ Chemistry/ Computer science/ ED/ Technical vocational subject.
- The applicant must have 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) at 10+2 level.
- For admission to B.Pharm course the candidates should have passed class 12th with 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates)
- The applicant must have studied Physics and chemistry as compulsory subject and one of Maths, Biology, Bio-tech and Technical Vocational subject at class 12th.
For BHMCT/BFAD/BFA courses
- The candidates should have passed 10+2 exam with a minimum of 45% marks
- For MBA admission, the candidates must have a bachelors degree with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates)
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- The candidate must also have studied Maths at 10+2 or graduation level.
Note: The candidates who will be appearing for the qualifying exam in the year 2020 can also apply.
UPTU 2021 Application Form
The candidates will be able to access the UPTU 2021 application form only in online mode through the official website i.e. http://www.upsee.nic.in. Candidates have to provide all the mandatory educational, contact and personal details in the application form. The candidates are advised to enter the authentic details only as the documents will be verified during the later stages of admission process.
The candidate will also need to upload the scanned copies of recent passport size photograph and signature in the application form. The candidates should take a printout of submitted application form for future reference. However, there is no requirement to send an application form to the university.
The application fee of UPTU 2021 will be paid via online mode using a debit card, credit card or net banking.
The application fees for different categories are as follows:
- Male/ Transgender candidates of General and OBC category: Rs. 1300/-
- Female/ Physically Handicapped candidates of all categories/ SC/ ST candidates: Rs. 650/-
UPTU 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for UPTU 2021 is given below:
- Mode of Exam: OMR sheet based for Paper 1,2,3,4 and online (computer-based exam) for remaining papers
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQ except for Part B of Paper 4.
- Scoring Pattern: 4 Marks will be awarded for a correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be no provision for negative marking.
Number of Questions and Exam duration
|Papers||Number of Questions||Duration of Exam|
|Paper 1, 2, 3||150||3 Hours|
|Paper 4||100 + 2 Questions from drawing aptitude||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Paper 5, 6, 7 and 8||75||1 Hour and 30 Minutes|
|Paper 9, 10 and 11||100||2 Hours|
UPTU Syllabus 2021
The syllabus for UPTU 2021 admission will depend upon the course which the candidate will opt for. For UG courses, the syllabus will be according to the curriculum of class 11th and 12th. For PG courses, the candidates should prepare as per the courses studied during their graduation.
UPTU Preparation Strategy 2021
Considering the difficulty level and qualifying marks for this exam which is only 25%, it is quite easy to clear this exam. But, if are looking for an admission into a good college under AKTU then you need to prepare well. Here, are some tips and trick that candidates may follow in order to do well in this exam.
- There is an ample time left for this exam, so you should plan your studies in a smart way. Make a proper timetable and follow it strictly. Remember regular studies are the key to success.
- Solve previous year question papers and mock test. This will help you analyze your strength and weaknesses.
- Make short note of each topic, it will be helpful in revising the topics quickly.
- Make your basic concepts strong rather than focusing on rote learning.
Recommended Books for UPTU 2021
The help books recommended for UPTU preparation are given below:
- Complete self study guide for UPTU by Arihant Publication
- For Mathematics: NCERT of Class 11th and 12th , R.D Sharma objective
- For Physics: NCERT Physics books of class 11th and 12th, concept of Physics by H.C. Verma
- For Chemistry: Pradeep objective chemistry and NCERT Chemistry of 11th and 12th.
- For Biology: NCERT Biology books of class 11th and 12th, Dinesh objective Biology.
UPTU 2021 Admit Card
After the submission of application form, the university will release the admit card online through the official website. The university will not send admit card by post or by email. The candidates should verify the details such as category, sub-category, gender, Name, Father’s Name etc. from the admit card and contact the authorities immediately in case of any discrepancy. It will be mandatory for every candidate to carry an admit card at the exam center.
UPTU Result 2021
The university will declare the UPSEE result in the first week of June 2021 tentatively. A separate merit list for each course will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance. The scorecard as well as the merit list will be updated on the official website.
For the scrutiny of answer sheets, the candidates may send a written request to the following address along with the scrutiny fees:
Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh,
Pin Code: 226031
UPTU Counseling 2021
The candidates who will score equal to or more than qualifying marks in the UPSEE exam will be called for UPTU 2021 counseling. The candidates will be called for counseling on the basis of their ranks i.e. candidate with better rank will be called first. The intimation of counseling will be published on the newspaper and official website. The candidates have to fill the choice of colleges and get their documents verified at the time of counseling. The allotment of seats will be done solely on the basis of choice filled by the candidates and merit list.