The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET 2023 exam on 7th May 2023. NEET is a national level entrance exam for admission into MBBS/BDS courses provided by most of the medical colleges/universities in India. The exam will be conducted in pen and paper based mode. Medical Aspirants can appear for the exam as per their convenience. NEET is one of the major medical entrance exams in the country. Therefore, its preparation should be done accordingly.
The scores obtained by candidates in NEET Exam will determine his/her admission in the UG medical courses. It is important for the aspirants to know everything about the exam before appearing for it. Through this article, aspirants can get complete information on the NEET 2023 Examination. Hence, Candidates should skim through the article for in-depth details on the exam.
Latest: NEET 2023 exam is all set to be conducted on 7th May 2023. The application form has been released now.
NEET 2023 Important Dates
Given below is the schedule of the NEET 2023 Examination. Further changes will be updated based on the latest official notification.
|Application form availability||6th March 2023|
|Last Date to submit the form||6 April 2023 (up to 11:50 PM)|
|Admit card releasing||7th May 2023
|Exam Date||To be updated|
|Result announcement||To be updated|
Information at a Glance
- Submission of NEET 2023 online application form has been started from 6th March 2023.
- You are restricted to apply for NEET exam in online mode. There is no provision of offline submission of application form.
- Students can submit their application form through NTA official website- nta.ac.in / www.ntaneet.nic.in only.
- Students must provide their own mobile number and email address.
- Students need to upload their photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and signature (between 4 kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- They don’t need to send/submit confirmation page or any other documents to NTA by post/fax/hand.
- Submitting false information will restrict you to appear in future exams conducted by NTA.
- The exam fee once deposited will not be refunded under any circumstances. The possible application fee will be Rs.1400/- for unreserved category and Rs.750/- for OBC/ SC/ST/PwD/Transgender. Service/Processing charges & GST will be payable as per the rules.
- Students can make payment of application fee through credit card, debit card, net banking and e-challan.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023
Applicant must satisfy the eligibility criteria laid down by the authority. Ineligible candidates will not be allowed to take the NEET examination.
Age limit: A candidate must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2023. Upper age for candidates from General category is 25 years and 30 years for candidates from OBC/SC/ST categories.
- For Unreserved Category: born on or between 05.05.1998 and 31.12.2006
- For SC/ST/OBC/PwD Category: born on or between 05.05.1993 and 31.12.2006
Educational Qualification: A candidate must have qualified class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as compulsory subjects.
Percentage Required: A candidate must have scored minimum 50% marks in the class 12th.
NEET 2023 Application Form
Aspirant for NEET 2023 can avail the application form via online mode only. The form can be obtained by visiting the official website of the NTA. Candidates need to register for the exam before proceeding for the application form. Once the registration is done, the login details will be sent to the registered Email ID and mobile number. Using these details, candidates need to login and fill the NEET application form. Candidates will be required to upload the scanned copy of signature and photograph while filling the form. They will also have to pay a certain amount of application fee for the exam. The applications received without the payment will be considered invalid.
What do you need to keep ready?
- Details such as your name, mother’s name, father’s name, Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/ Passport number/ Election Card (EPIC No.)/Ration Card Number/ Bank Account Number/Other valid Govt. Identity Card Number, Address, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, email id etc. must be kept ready.
- Photograph: size of 10 kb to 200 kb in JPG/JPEG format
- Signature: size of 4 kb to 30 kb in JPG/JPEG format
- Students have to provide one of the following identity details:
- Indian Nationals of all States: Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits), Ration Card Number, Election Card (EPIC No.), Bank Account Number, Passport Number or Number of any other ID card issued by Government.
- Foreign Nationals/ OCI/PIO: Passport number
- NRIs: Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits), Passport Number
Instructions to apply online for NEET 2023
- You need to read the information brochure and confirm eligibility for the exam.
- Candidates have to provide a complete postal address with pin code and email address (own or parents) for future communication with NTA.
- Candidates must ensure that they are providing their own mobile number and email address.
- Candidates belong to the State of J & K need to submit online Self Declaration for seats under 15% All India Quota.
- The application form must be filled and submitted in online mode. There is no need to send confirmation page or any other documents to the authority.
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates can take a look at the exam pattern for NEET 2023 given below-
- Exam Mode: Pen and Paper Mode
- Duration: Three Hours
- Exam Language: English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Oriya, Urdu, Marathi and Telugu
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
- Types of Questions: Objective (MCQs)
- Marking Scheme: +4 marks will be awarded for the right answer
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer
|Subjects||No. of Question||Total Marks|
Other highlights of exam pattern:
- Option of question paper medium should be exercised during filling the online application form. The option, once exercised, won’t be changed further.
- Candidates, who have opted English, they will get test booklet in English only.
- Candidates, who have opted Hindi, they will get test booklet in English and Hindi.
- Candidates, who have opted regional language, they will get test booklet in regional language and English.
- Option of choosing regional language will follow the following rules:
Question Paper Medium Exam Centres English and Hindi All exam centre cities English and Bengali Exam centre cities belong to West Bengal and Tripura English and Assamese Exam centre cities belong to Assam English and Kannada Exam centre cities belong to Karnataka English and Gujarati Exam centre cities belong to Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli English and Odia Exam centre cities belong to Odisha English and Marathi Exam centre cities belong to Maharashtra English and Tamil Exam centre cities belong to Tamilnadu English and Urdu All exam centre cities English and Telugu Exam centre cities belong to Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
NEET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for NEET exam will be based on the curriculum prescribed by the medical council of India for class 11th and 12th. Candidates need to furnish the topics from the subject physics, chemistry, zoology and botany.
|Class 11th Syllabus||Class 12th Syllabus|
|Physical world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and Waves|
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
Preparation Tips for NEET 2023
The exam time can be quite scary, but candidates need not fret as we’re providing some useful tips for the NEET exam which will help the students in preparing for the exam. Candidates need to study whole-heatedly for the exam. Here are the tips they can utilize during studies-
- Make a time table that suits you. Don’t bombard it with unrealistic goals.
- Always start studying from the NCERTs first and then follow reference books.
- Avoid cramming the topics and apply logic wherever required.
- Solve mock tests and previous year papers to enhance your performance.
- Revise the topics you’ve learned at the end of the day.
- Avoid wasting time on unnecessary activities on social media. Indulge in outdoor activities to freshen up the mind.
- Maintain your physical and mental well being by consuming healthy food. Avoid skipping meals.
Recommended Books for NEET Exam
You need to start preparation with the basics i.e. NCERTs and then follow the reference books given below-
- Concepts of Physics by H.C Verma
- Objective Physics by D.C Pandey
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep Publications
- Chemistry by R.K Gupta
- Biology by Trueman- Vol 1 and 2
- Biology book by Pradeep Publications
- Objective biology by Dinesh
- Physical Chemistry by O.P Tandon
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
NEET 2023 Admit Card
The admit card for NEET 2023 Examination can be downloaded from the official website of NTA. The admit card will contain the details such as exam date, venue, reporting time etc. Candidates should keep a printout of the admit card for further use. The admit card must be carried to the exam hall, without it the entry will be denied to the students. Candidates need to paste a photograph on the admit card and one photograph also needs to be carried along with the admit card. The admit card will not be sent by post or by any means other than the one mentioned.
NEET 2023 Result
You can check the result from the official website. The result will be announced after the careful evaluation of the answer sheet. Students can download their results for future reference. To download the result, candidates need to log in using their credentials. The NEET result will be considered by the most of the medical colleges across the country for admission into UG programmes.
NEET Counselling 2023
Here is the quick overview of NEET 2023 counselling process:
Counselling for Seats Under 15% All India Quota and all seats in Central Institutions Including AFMC, ESI, BHU, Delhi University (DU) & AMU and Deemed Universities
The Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services will conduct the counselling process. All related information will be available at its official website www.mcc.nic.in. If you have any queries related to counseling you may reach:
The Assistant Director General (ME)
Directorate General of Health Services,
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110 108
E-mail: [email protected]
Counselling and Admission for seats other than 15% All India seats
Candidates willing to get admission in State Medical Colleges/ Universities/Institutions based on NEET UG 2020 merit then need to follow the instructions as provided by the State Government and/or authorities of the Medical/Dental colleges/Institution/University concerned for counselling. The counselling process for private medical colleges excluding deemed will be with the respective state governments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Will NEET be conducted twice or once in 2023?
Ans: NEET 2023 will be conducted only once.
Ques: Will NEET 2023 be conducted in online or offline mode?
Ans: NEET will be conducted in pen and paper mode.
Ques: What is the exam duration of NEET UG 2023?
Ans: NEET will be conducted over duration of 3 hours.
Ques: Does the authority allot an exam centre manually?
Ans: No, centres are allotted to candidates by computer with no human intervention.
Ques: Is it possible to change my exam centre city after the allotment of roll number?
Ans: No, it won’t be possible to make changes in the exam centre or city under any circumstances.
Ques: Who are eligible to take NEET UG exam?
Ans: Following categories of candidates can take part in NEET UG exam:
- Indian Nationals
- Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)
- Foreign Nationals
Ques: Do I need to appear in NEET for getting admission into AIIMS and JIPMER, Puducherry?
Ans: No, you don’t need to appear in NEET for admission into AIIMS and JIPMER.
Ques: In how many regional languages, NEET 2023 is going to be conducted?
Ans: NEET UG is going to be conducted in following regional languages:
Ques: Will there be any changes in NEET syllabus in 2023?
Ans: Currently, it has not been notified yet. If there are any such changes we will notify it to you through this post.
Ques: Will there be negative marking in the exam?
Ans: Yes, there will be a negative marking in the exam. One mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
Disclaimer: We have furnished information in the post based on last year brochure. The content may be changed/updated after the release of NEET 2023 brochure/notification.