The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) will conduct WBJEE 2023 exam for admission into engineering, technology, architecture and pharmacy courses offered by different colleges/universities in West Bengal. Candidates can apply for the exam via online mode only. In order to apply, they’ll need to visit the official website of the WBJEE. The examination will be conducted in offline mode. Only those candidates can apply for the exam who satisfy the eligibility conditions laid down by the board. Candidates can get the complete information on the WBJEE 2023 through this article. Read further to know more.
Important Exam Dates for WBJEE 2023
Given below are the official dates for WBJEE exam. All the dates are updated based on the latest notification of WBJEE 2023:
|Releasing of Application form||October 2022|
|Last date to submit the form||November 2022|
|Application correction window||November 2022|
|Releasing of Admit card||January 2023|
|Exam Date||February 2023|
|Result Announcement||June 2023|
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down by the board for appearing in WBJEE 2023 Examination. For quick reference, candidates can go through the criteria mentioned below-
- Nationality: Indian
- Age limit: A candidate must be minimum 17 years old. For marine engineering, the upper age limit is 25 years. No upper age limit for other disciplines.
- Qualifying Exam (Q.E): A candidate should have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/Computer Science/ Biology/ Computer Application as the compulsory subjects.
- Percentage Required: Minimum 45% aggregate marks are required in the Q.E (40% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD candidates)
- Mandatory: Must have passed in English at 10+2 with minimum 30% marks.
- Qualifying Exam (Q.E): A candidate should have passed class 12th with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Computer Science/ Biology/ Computer Application as the compulsory subjects.
- Percentage Required: Minimum 45% aggregate marks are required in the Q.E (40% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD candidates) as well as individual passing marks in given subjects.
- Mandatory: Must have passed in English at 10+2 with minimum 30% marks.
For Marine Engineering
A candidate must have passed class 12th with 60% aggregate marks in PCM along with the individual passing marks in each of the given subjects. Candidates also should have scored minimum 50% marks in English either in class 10th or class 12th .
Candidates must have passed class 12th with minimum 50% marks and mathematics as compulsory subject. A candidate should also have qualified the NATA/JEE Mains Paper-II.
WBJEE 2023 Application Form
Candidates can obtain the WBJEE 2023 Application form through the official website www.wbjeeb.nic.in. The form can only be filled via online mode. Students will be asked to enter their particulars such as- personal details, educational details, etc. The details should be entered carefully and the form must be previewed before the final submission. However, candidates will be given an opportunity to edit some of the particulars in the form through application correction window. Students should also keep the scanned photograph and signature ready. Applicants need to pay a requisite amount of application fee prior to the form submission. The application received without payment will be rejected by the authority.
The application fee to be paid for WBJEE 2023 is Rs. 500/-. The fee can be paid either by the online mode (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) or by Allahabad bank E-Challan. The fee mentioned will not be refunded under any circumstances.
WBJEE 2023 Exam Pattern
Before starting the exam preparation, students should familiarize themselves with the exam. To know all about the exam, candidates can check the exam pattern given below-
- Exam Mode: offline (pen and paper based)
- Exam Duration: Four Hours
- Type of Questions: MCQs
- Total Marks: 200
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Marking Scheme: Each question from category-I will carry 1 mark and 2 marks from category-II and III.
- Negative Marking:25 marks will be deducted from category-I and 0.5 from category-II & III.
- Candidates appearing in Paper I and II both will be eligible for admission in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy /Architecture courses.
- Candidates appearing only for Paper II will be eligible for admission in Pharmacy courses (except in Jadavpur University).
WBJEE 2023 Syllabus
Candidates need to prepare for the exam strictly as per the syllabus prescribed for it. Here’s a quick insight into the syllabus for WBJEE Examination-
- Mathematics: Complex Numbers, Matrices and Determinants, Quadratic Equations, Permutations and Combinations, Mathematical Induction and its Applications, Binomial Theorem and its Applications, Sequences and Series, Differential Calculus, Sets, Relations and Functions, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Two Dimensional Geometry, etc.
- Physics: Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Rotational Motion and Moment of Inertia, Gravitation, Units and Measurement, Description of Motion in One Dimension, Solids and Fluids, Oscillations and Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, Transference of Heat, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents, Magnetic Effects of Current, etc.
- Chemistry: Equilibrium and thermodynamics, Basic concepts, Atomic structures, chemical bonding and molecular structures, Electrochemistry, Solid state and solutions, Hydrogen, S and P block elements, d and f block elements, Coordination compounds, Basic organic chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohol, phenol and ethers, Aldehydes,etc.
How to Prepare for the WBJEE 2023 Examination?
The competition level of WBJEE examination is usually quite high; therefore students need to start their preparation early so that they can finish the syllabus on time. Here are some tips which will help the candidates in preparing for the WBJEE 2023 Exam-
- Prepare a schedule for studies, follow the time table strictly.
- Use a reliable source of reference for preparation.
- Make notes while studying. Avoid lengthy ones and go for a short version of the notes.
- Solve previous year papers to increase your performance.
- Maintain your physical and mental well being. Eat a balanced diet and never skip meals.
- Revise the topics studied on a regular basis.
- Avoid spending time on social media. That can be done after the exam is over.
Candidates can note down the name of the noteworthy reference books for WBJEE exam-
- Concepts of Physics by H.C Verma
- Objective Physics by D.C Pandey
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep Publications
- Chemistry by R.K Gupta
- Physical Chemistry by O.P Tandon
- Mathematics by R.S Aggarwal and R.D Sharma
WBJEE 2023 Admit Card
Candidates can download the admit card for WBJEE exam by visiting the official website. The admit card must be printed out and a few copied should be made to avoid unfortunate circumstances. The admit card mustn’t be damaged/mutilated. The authorities will not permit the entry to a candidate who does not possess a valid admit card. Candidates should also carry a photograph along with the admit card in the exam hall.
WBJEE Result 2023
The result of the WBJEE 2023 Examination will be published in form of a rank card. The rank card can be downloaded from the official website by login into it. The rank card will be issued for all the candidates who clear the cutoff decided by the board. A merit list will be prepared according to the performance of the candidate in the exam. The shortlisted candidates will further be called for the counselling. Candidates are recommended to follow the website for regular updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: How can I correct data entered in my application form?
Ans: You can make corrections in application form data during Correction period notified by the WBJEEB. However, you can’t make changes in primary data such as your name, mother’s name, father’s name, date of birth and gender.
Ques: How many days will we get for correction?
Ans: WBJEEB usually gives three days of time when it comes to make correction in the application form. You can make correction in data and images excluding primary data such as your name, mother’s name, father’s name, date of birth and gender.
Ques: I haven’t received application number to my mobile. What should I do now?
Ans: You should provide a working mobile number in the application form. Please keep it with you at the time of filling online application form. Make sure the network connection is good.
Ques: Tell me about minimum and maximum age requirements for taking the exam?
Ans: Candidates should be minimum 17 years old as on 31st December 2023. The authority has not intimated any upper age limit. However, the upper age limit is 25 years as on 31st December 2023 if you are willing to get admission into degree level Marine Engineering course.
Ques: Is it possible to change my choice of examination zone?
Ans: No, you can’t make changes.
Ques: What should be the percentage of disability meting the eligibility for PwD category?
Ans: It should be in between 40% to 70%.
Ques: What happens if I didn’t upload correct photograph and signature?
Ans: In that case, you won’t be issued an admit card.
Ques: Is application fee paid refundable?
Ans: No, it is non-refundable in nature.
Ques: What if I forget downloading transaction receipt?
Ans: Transaction receipt is generated by EPG. Candidates need it for recovery of amount in case of payment failure.
Ques: What documents do I need to carry on the day of exam?
Ans: You need to carry the following documents:
- A hard copy of the admit card;
- A copy of colour photograph which was uploaded during online application;
- A photo ID in original such as PAN Card/Aadhaar card/Passport/Voter card/class 10th admit card/School-ID card;
Ques: Can I get a duplicate rank card if it is lost?
Ans: Candidates need to apply to board before the given timeline. For the same, they need to make payment of Rs.500/- through a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board” payable in Kolkata.