The University of Burdwan offers admission to its B.Ed. degree program in both regular and distance education mode. There are a lot of colleges in the Burdwan, Bankura, Hooghly and Birbhum districts which are affiliated to this university. Please note that the University of Burdwan B.Ed admission 2022 will be granted based on the academic performance of applicants. The university will not conduct an entrance to shortlist the candidates. Interested candidates can fill the online application form in order to apply. This post provides the complete details related to the University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admission 2022.
University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admission 2022 Major Highlights
- Candidates who are engaged in any other course or full-time job/ research work should not apply for B.Ed in regular mode.
- While filling the application form for B.Ed (Regular mode) admission, a candidate has to choose at least 15 colleges in which he/she is looking for admission.
- There are around 145 self-financed colleges in Burdwan, Bankura, Hooghly and Birbhum districts that are affiliated to the University of Burdwan.
- It is the duty of an applicant to check the eligibility criteria before initiating the application process. The fee once submitted will not be refunded in case the applicant is found ineligible.
- The application form will be available online. However, the candidates will get the facility to pay the application fee either in online or offline mode.
University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admission 2022 Important Dates
The tentative schedule for B.Ed Admission (regular) in the University of Burdwan is illustrated in the table given below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of online application form||4th week of May 2022|
|Last date to submit application form||1st week of June 2022|
|Deadline for application fee payment||2nd week of June 2022|
|Release of merit list for admission||June 2022|
|Admissions based on merit list||June 2022|
Note: The application process for distance mode B.Ed. is likely to start in the month of August 2022.
University of Burdwan B.Ed. 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are different for regular and distance mode admission into B.Ed. course as given below.
- The age of a fresher candidate on 30th June 2022 should not be more than 38 years. There is a relaxation of 5 years for DA (Differently-Abled) category candidates.
- Candidates must have at least 50% marks either in Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Social Science/ Science/ Humanities/ Commerce.
- Tech/ B.E candidates with specialization in Maths & Science and at least 55% marks are also eligible.
- Candidates from SC/ ST/ DA categories will get a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying degree exam.
B.Ed. in distance education mode
- The candidates who are trained in-service teachers in elementary education are eligible.
- Aspirants who have completed an NCTE recognized Teacher program through face to face mode can also apply.
Note: Please note that the educational qualification required for B.Ed in distance education is the same as that for regular mode.
University of Burdwan B.Ed. Application Form 2022
- The application form for the candidates seeking admission to regular B.Ed. admission will be released online through the official website of the University of Burdwan.
- In order to access the main application form, the candidates first have to register and verify their phone numbers.
- Once registration gets over, the applicant needs to provide all the mandatory details in the application form.
- The educational, personal and contact details entered in the application form must be authentic. The authorities will verify the documents during the later stages of the admission process. In case of an incorrect detail, the candidature of an applicant will be cancelled.
- While entering the details, the candidates are also required to upload the scanned images of a passport size photograph and signature.
- Once all the details are entered, the aspirants can pay the necessary application fee either in online mode or via bank challan.
- Please keep the copy of a submitted application form along with fee receipt for future requirements.
The application fee is different for the regular and distance mode of B.Ed. as given below.
- Regular B.Ed: Rs. 300/- (transaction charge additional)
- Distance Mode B. Ed: Rs. Rs. 500/- (transaction charge additional)
Mode of payment: Application fee can either be paid online via net banking/ debit card/ credit card or offline using a bank challan.
University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admission 2022 Merit List
- After the submission of application forms, the university will prepare a category-wise merit list on the basis of academic qualification of the candidates.
- The university will give grade points to different candidates in order to prepare a merit list.
- The grade points are provided on the basis of the following rules.
- 10% of the marks obtained in class 10th
- 10% of the marks obtained in class 12th
- 15% of the marks obtained in BA/ B.Com/ B.Sc (20% in case of a Hons. degree)
- 20% of the marks obtained at Postgraduate examination
- 5 marks will be awarded to M.Phil degree holder
- 8 marks will be awarded to the Ph.D. degree holder
- Based on the grade points a unique rank will be given to every candidate.
University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admission process 2022
- The authorities will invite the candidates to complete rest of the admission formalities on the basis of the rank list.
- At this stage, every candidate needs to carry their original documents for verification purpose.
- The seats will be allotted solely on the basis of rank secured by the candidate and choice of colleges filled at the time of filling the application form.
- It is necessary to pay the course fee in order to confirm the admission.
- In-service candidates looking for admission into distance mode B.Ed course need to carry the following documents for verification.
- Photocopy of the submitted application form
- Online fee payment receipt/ NEFT challan/ Bank Challan
- Admit card of SF or equivalent exam
- Mark sheet of SF or equivalent exam
- Mark sheet of UG Exam
- Certificate of M.Phil/ Ph.D. (if applicable)
- Mark sheet of PG Exam
- Certificate and Mark sheet of NCTE recognized program
- BU registration certificate
- PWD certificate/ Caste certificate
- Joining letter and Experience certificate (for in-service candidates)