State Bank of India will conduct the SBI PO 2023 exam for selecting aspirants for the post of Probationary Officers. The candidates interested will get the facility to apply in online mode. Applicants selected will be posted in various branches of SBI across India. The selection process consists of multiple stages including a preliminary exam, main exam, group exercise, and Interview. Aspiring candidates are requested to carefully check the eligibility norms before applying as the application fee is non-refundable. It is a national level exam and a lot of candidates are expected to apply for the same.
SBI PO 2023 Important Highlights
- The process of registration will take place in online mode. The bank will not accept any hard copy of the application form.
- Selected candidates have to execute a Bond for a value of Rs. 2 lakh at the time of joining to serve the bank for at least 3 years.
- In the case of multiple applications by one candidate, the last application will be considered valid.
- Final selection is based on the joint merit of the main exam, group exercise, and interview. The preliminary exam result is not calculated in the final merit.
- An appointment is given only after the candidate is declared medically fit as required by the bank.
SBI PO 2023 Important Dates
|Starting of online registration including medication of application||1st week of October 2022|
|Last date to register and pay the application fee||To be updated|
|Release of admit card for preliminary examination||To be updated|
|Date of online preliminary exam||To be updated|
|Result of preliminary examination||To be updated|
|Availability of admit card for main examination||To be updated|
|Main exam date||To be updated|
|Result declaration of main examination||To be updated|
|Call letter for Group Exercise and Interview||To be updated|
|Conduct of Group Exercise and Interview||To be updated|
|Declaration of Final Result||To be updated|
SBI PO 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the SBI PO exam are as follows.
- The age of a candidate should be between 21 years and 30 years as on 1st April 2023.
- Relaxations in the upper age will be given to the candidates from the reserved categories.
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe: 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer): 3 years
- Persons With Disabilities (PWD)
- PWD (SC/ ST): 15 years
- PWD (OBC): 13 years
- PWD (Gen/ EWS): 10 years
- Persons Ordinarily domiciled of the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989: 5 years
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs): 5 years
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Those who are in the final year/ semester of graduation can also apply. However, they have to submit a proof of clearing the final year exam on or before 31st August 2023.
Number of Chances
Candidates who have already appeared for the maximum number of chances are not eligible.
- General/ EWS: 4 Chances
- General/ EWS (PWD): 7 Chances
- OBC: 7 Chances
- OBC (PWD): 7 Chances
- SC/ SC (PWD)/ ST/ ST (PWD): No restriction
SBI PO 2023 Application Form
Interested candidates can check the complete details related to the application form of SBI PO 2023 exam as given below.
- The application form of the exam will be made available in online mode only.
- Candidates have to visit the official website i.e. https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers in order to apply.
- All the details in the application form must be correct. The selection authority will verify the documents later on.
- While entering the details, it is also necessary to upload the scanned images of a photograph and signature
- The size and format of the scanned images should match with the specifications given below.
|Size||20 KB to 50 KB||10 KB to 20 KB|
|Dimensions||200 x 230 pixels (preferred)||140 x 60 pixels (preferred)|
|JPG/ JPEG||‘JPG’ or ‘JPEG’||‘JPG’ or ‘JPEG’|
- Make sure you note down a registration number and password after submitting the form.
- Also, keep a print out of the submitted application form for your future reference.
- There is no need to send any hard copy of the application form to the bank.
- In case of a mistake, candidates may log in using the registration number & password and edit the application form.
- The facility of correction is available for three times only.
- No separation correction window is provided after the last date.
An application form is not considered valid unless the SBI PO application fee 2023 is paid by the candidate. Fees applicable for various categories are as follows.
- SC/ ST/ PWD: Rs. 125/-
- General/ EWS/ OBC: Rs. 750/-
Mode of Payment: Applicants must pay the fees online using a credit card/ debit card/ internet banking.
SBI PO 2023 Admit Card
- Call letters for all the stages of selection process i.e. preliminary exam, main exam/ GE & interview are released online.
- Aspirants may download a call letter by entering registration number and password/ date of birth on the bank’s website.
- Important details regarding the exam like date, timing, etc. are mentioned on the SBI PO Admit Card 2023.
- It is compulsory to carry one photo ID proof (also carry a photocopy of the same) along with an admit card at the time of examination.
SBI PO 2023 Exam Pattern
The pattern and SBI PO Selection Process 2023 is divided into the following 3 phases.
1st Phase Preliminary Examination
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQ only
- Sections: 3 (English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability)
- Total number of question: 100
- Duration of Exam: 1 hour (20 minutes for each section)
- Marking Scheme: + 1 for a correct answer and -1/4 for an incorrect answer.
- Maximum marks: 100
|Section||Number of Questions||Duration|
|English Language||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||20 minutes|
|Total||100 questions||60 minutes|
2nd Phase Main Examination
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQ and descriptive test
- Total number of questions: 155
- Maximum marks: 100
- Duration of exam: 3 hours and 30 minutes (3 hours for objective test and 30 minutes for descriptive test)
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Total||155 questions||200 marks||3 hours|
Descriptive Test: It consists of 2 English letter-writing and essay questions. The duration of a descriptive test is 30 minutes.
3rd phase – Group Exercises & Interview
- This is the final phase of the selection process and it carries 50 marks.
- 20 marks are based on group exercises.
- 30 marks are given according to the interview.
SBI PO 2023 Result
- The results of all the selection stages are published on the official website of the bank.
- To check the result, candidates have to log in using their registration number and Group Exercises.
- Please note that no hard copy of the result is sent to the candidates by the bank.
- Successful candidates can download the admit card of main exams after the declaration of preliminary exam results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What documents are required while appearing for the SBI PO exam 2023?
Answer: You must have the following two documents at the time of exam.
- Admit Card
- One photo identity proof (original and photocopy) – passport/ Aadhar/ PAN Card/ Driving License/ Voter’s Id Card/ Bank Passbook with duly attested Photograph/ Identity Card issued by School or College/ Gazetted Officer in the official letterhead
Question – 2 Can I fill the application form offline?
Answer: No, the bank will receive all applications only in online mode.
Question – 3: I am studying in the final year of graduation. Can I apply for the exam?
Answer: Yes, you can apply. However, you need to provide proof of completing the graduation before 31st August 2023.
Question – 4: What is the upper and lower Age limit for the exam?
Answer: Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2023. Candidate must be born between 2nd April 1991 and 1st April 2000 (both days inclusive).
Question – 5 I have got an exam center far away from my home. Can I change it now?
Answer: No, there is no provision for a change in the examination center allotted. Plus, SBI reserves the right to allot any exam center to a candidate other than the one he/ she opted for.