JEMAT (Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test) is a state level entrance exam conducted by the MAKAUTWB for selection of candidates to select the candidates for admission to MBA/ MHA/ AICTE approved PG Diploma programmes. The exam will be followed by a GD/ PI round and a counseling round. The admissions will be offered to the selected candidates in the government and private management institutions of the West Bengal state. Interested and eligible candidates can fill their applications through online mode. Detailed information related to JEMAT 2023 is provided here in this article.
- Candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria before applying for the programme.
- No score card or admit card will be sent through post and must be downloaded by the candidates from the official website.
- Application form received without important documents and fee submission proof will be rejected.
- Exam center once allotted to the candidates and as appearing in their admit card cannot be changed.
- In case the application fee status of the candidates show pending, fail or rejected, candidates must make the payment again. In case the university receives double payment, the additional amount will be reversed.
JEMAT 2023 Important Dates (Tentative)
The table below presents the important dates related to JEMAT 2023 exam:
|Activities||JEMAT I||JEMAT II||JEMAT III|
|Availability of online application||To be updated||To be updated||To be updated|
|Last date to submit the form||To be updated||To be updated||To be updated|
|Date of availability of admit card||To be updated||To be updated||To be updated|
|Mock test link to be active||To be updated||To be updated||To be updated|
|Date of conducting the online exam||To be updated||To be updated||To be updated|
|Date of publishing the result||To be updated||To be updated||To be updated|
|Date of organizing GD/PI||To be updated||To be updated||To be updated|
|Counselling||To be updated||To be updated||To be updated|
JEMAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to appear for the JEMAT 2023 are mentioned below:
- A bachelor’s degree in Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ Engineering/ Technology/ Medical/ Dental/ Agriculture or other professional courses from any recognized university is required.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of bachelor’s degree programme in the year 2023 are eligible to apply too.
JEMAT 2023 Application Form
The candidates will be able to fill their application form through online mode as per the schedule given above. Application form for the JEMAT 2023 exam can be obtained by visiting the official website www.makautwb.ac.in.
- Candidates first need to register themselves providing details like email address, mobile number and a password.
- Upon successful registration, JEMAT enrolment id and password will be sent to the candidates on registered email id and phone number.
- Using these credentials, the candidates will be able to login to their account and fill the application form.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their rest personal details, qualifying exam related info, etc.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should also be uploaded in the application form.
- Choice for test city in the order of preference should need to be entered into the application form.
- Duly filled application form should then be sent at the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology.
- A copy of the filled application form should be kept by the candidates for their own reference.
- Along with the application form, the candidates are also required to submit a prescribed amount of application fee.
- The application fee will be Rs. 600/- for general/ OBC candidates and Rs. 300/- for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates.
- Payment of the fee can be done online using the facility of net banking or via debit card/ credit card.
Address to send the application form
Duly filled application form along with the self-attested copies of the important documents and fee payment proof should be sent at the following address:
The Controller of Examinations
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal
Pin – 741 249
JEMAT 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card to appear for the JEMAT 2023 can be downloaded from the official website www.makautwb.ac.in.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken and along with a photo identity proof should be carried to the exam centre on exam day.
- The admit card will contain the important details related to the exam such as center address, date and time.
- Applicants should preserve this admit card as it will be required at the time of GD/ PI and admission.
- No printout will be sent to the candidates through post or courier and will only be available online.
JEMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Check out the basic exam pattern for the JEMAT 2023 exam:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Total marks: 100
- Marking scheme: One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|General English||40 questions||40 marks|
|Mathematics||40 questions||40 marks|
|Logical Reasoning||20 questions||20 marks|
|Total||100 questions||100 marks|
JEMAT 2023 Result
- Result of the admission test will be announced online and the candidates can check the same from the official website.
- Rank card of the candidates will also be released and can be downloaded from their account.
- On the basis of their marks in the exam, the candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview round.
- A merit list of the shortlisted candidates will be prepared and made available on the website along with the schedule for appearing in GD/ PI.
Interview & Selection
- Without fail, the candidates need to appear for the GD/ PI round carrying all their documents in original and photocopy.
- Those who clear the GD/ PI round as well will then be considered for the admissions.
- GD/ PI will be followed by the counseling round where the candidates will be asked to provide choice for the college in which they seek admission.
- Documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified only after which they will be offered enrolment.
- The final admission offered is provisional and will be confirmed only on payment of fees and documents as applicable.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I do not wish to appear for JEMAT 2023 exam. Can I withdraw my application?
The application form once submitted by the candidates cannot be withdrawn. This also means that the application fee you have submitted will not be refunded to you.
- What should I do if I forget my login password?
If you forget your application number and password, use ‘Forget Password’ link option on the applicant login page. Fill all the required information to get your application number and password.
- How will I get to know the schedule and venue of my interview round?
The complete details of the GD/ PI and counseling such as venue, date, time, etc will be communicated to the candidates through official website only.