Candidates who wish to study in the engineering colleges of Uttar Pradesh can apply for UP BTech admission 2023. The state is full with many great institutes, both government and private, for which the admission process will be conducted by various relevant authorities. To select the candidates for admission into the different colleges, state level as well as national level entrance exams will be conducted. What the interested candidates need to do is apply for these exams, score the required cut-off marks and appear for the counseling round. Complete details related to the UP BTech admission process is provided in this article.
UP BTech Admission 2023
- It is advised that the candidates ensure their complete eligibility for the institute they wish to apply for.
- Simply clearing an entrance exam does not make the candidates eligible for admission. They need to get their documents verified and fulfill other criteria as prescribed by the respective institutes.
- 15% seats of all the private institutes of UP are reserved for management quota/ NRI candidates. Candidates can apply for these seats without appearing in any entrance exam given they satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- Reservation is offered only to those candidates who fulfill the domicile criteria of Uttar Pradesh.
- Candidates must familiarize themselves with the detailed admission process before applying for enrolment into a particular college/ university.
Top Engineering Colleges in UP
Out of the many top colleges situated in Uttar Pradesh, a few prominent ones are listed below:
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT BHU Varanasi
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology
- Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology
- Harcourt Butler Technological Institute
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Amity University
- IIIT Allahabad
- AKGEC Ghaziabad
- JSS Academy of Technical Education
Entrance exams for UP BTech Admission
Mainly there are two exams conducted for providing the candidates admission into BTech colleges of UP state- UPSEE and JEE (Main & Advanced).
UPSEE- It is a state level exam organized by UPTU/ AKTU and is held mostly in the month of April. Those qualifying this exam will be offered admission into different government and private engineering institutes located in the state.
JEE- Almost all private colleges of UP accept the score of JEE Main (conducted by NTA) for selecting candidates for admission into their BTech courses. Admission into IIT Kanpur and IIT Varanasi (BHU) will be granted on the basis of JEE Advance score.
Certain private universities of Uttar Pradesh conduct their own university-level entrance exam like Galgotias, SRM, etc. Applicants will have to appear for the specific entrance tests to get admission into these universities.
How to apply for UP BTech Admission 2023?
Candidates will have to fill online applications to be considered for UP BTech admission. The application form can be obtained from the official website of the conducting body and can be filled by providing the basic details of the candidates. Certain amount of application fee will also be accompanied along with the application form.
Before applying for the UP BTech Admission 2023, it is important that the candidates ensure their eligibility for the same. The candidates should have cleared their class 12th exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. This is however just the basic eligibility and there might be some additional criteria depending on the institute the candidate is applying for. Appearing candidates are eligible too.
Once you successfully apply and clear the exam, the actual process of admission begins. Upon selection, the candidates will have to appear for the counseling round conducted by the UPTU/ AKTU (only for UPSEE qualified candidates). For counseling the candidates will have to report to the counseling venue, as intimated through official website, along with their important documents for verification. The candidates will also be allowed to provide their choice for institute and branch in which they seek admission, during counseling. After successful document verification, the candidates will be allotted seats according to their ranking and the choice provided by them. Selected candidates will then have to report to the allotted institute to complete formalities of admissions such as submission of documents, payment of tuition fee, etc.
JEE Main qualified candidates and those applying under management quota should directly report to the institute for admission.
The applicants who appear for the admission process must carry with them the following documents in original and photocopy:
- Mark sheet of class 12
- Passing certificate of class 12
- Certificate for date of birth
- Income certificate, if applicable
- Category certificate, if applicable
- PWD certificate, if applicable
- Passport size photographs
- Score card of UPSEE or JEE (as applicable)
- Admit card of UPSEE or JEE (as applicable)
- Domicile certificate, if applicable
- Affidavit if there is gap in education