SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2021 will lay down the basic requirements that must be fulfilled by the candidates if they wish to apply for the PO recruitment test. Only the candidates who meet all the eligibility requirements will be considered for final selection. Candidates are required to hold a degree in graduation in order to be eligible for the exam. Before proceeding towards filling and submitting the SBI PO Application Form 2021, the candidates must make sure that they fulfill the desired eligibility criteria.
- SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2021 must be ensured before filling the application form for the exam.
- Mere fulfillment of eligibility does not guarantee the selection of the candidates but is a vital parameter for selection.
- Candidates, who are found ineligible, even if they are provisionally selected, will lose their candidature immediately.
- The applicants who have already appeared for the maximum number of chances permissible are not eligible to apply.
- Eligibility criteria of the shortlisted candidates will be verified at the time of reporting for interview.
- Candidates with record of default in repayment of loans/ credit card dues or against whose name adverse report of CIBIL or other external agencies is available are not eligible.
- Candidates against whom there is adverse report regarding character & antecedents, moral turpitude, etc are not eligible.
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2021
Detailed eligibility criteria for appearing in SBI PO exam 2021 in terms of age, nationality, qualification, etc are given below. Candidates are advised to go through these details before applying for the exam.
- The candidates should be of Indian nationality.
Age limit (as on 1st April 2021):
- The lower age limit for appearing in the recruitment test is 21 years.
- The upper age limit for appearing in the recruitment test is 30 years.
- Relaxation in the upper age limit will be given to the candidates belonging to reserved categories.
- A graduation degree from a recognized university in any stream is required to be eligible for the exam.
- Those in the final year of their graduation degree are also eligible given that they will pass the final exam before 31st August 2021.
- Candidates with a Chartered Accountant qualification can apply too.
Relaxation in upper age:
- Relaxation in the upper age limit will be given as follows:
|Category||Upper Age relaxation|
|SC/ ST candidates||5 years|
|OBC candidates (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|PWD candidates||SC/ ST candidates- 15 Years
OBC candidates- 13 Years
General candidates- 10 years
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers/ Short Service Commissioned Officers who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment||5 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period of 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989||5 years|
Number of attempts:
The maximum number of attempts for candidates belonging to different categories is mentioned below:
|Category||No. of attempts|
|General category||4 attempts|
|OBC category||7 attempts|
|General PWD||7 attempts|
|OBC PWD||7 attempts|
|SC/ ST PWD||Unlimited|