Before appearing in the SBI PO exam, it is important to gain familiarity with its pattern. Understanding of exam pattern prepares the candidates mentally for their exam before actually appearing for it. The SBI PO Exam Pattern 2021 will familiarize the candidates with the mode of exam, test duration, type and number of questions asked, etc. In addition to the exam pattern, the knowledge of syllabus is also considered equally important for the candidates to have.
- Descriptive test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the objective tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
- The candidates are required to qualify in the descriptive test by securing passing marks as decided by the Bank.
- The candidates are required to qualify in each section of the main exam by securing passing marks as decided by the Bank.
- Only the candidates who qualify the preliminary exam will be allowed to appear for the main exam.
- Similarly, to appear in the group exercises & interview round, the candidates must clear the main exam.
- Person who has disability of 40% or more shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the exam.
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2021
The details of the SBI PO Exam Pattern 2021 for both preliminary and main test are given below.
For preliminary exam:
- Duration of the exam: The exam will be held for a composite duration of 1 hour. No section-wise time limit will be allotted.
- Mode of exam: The preliminary exam will be conducted as a computer-based test, i.e., in online mode.
- Total marks: The paper will carry a total of 100 marks.
- Number of questions: A total of 100 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Type of questions: Only objective type (multiple-choice) questions will be asked in the exam.
- Marking scheme: One mark will be allotted for each correct answer.
- Negative marking: One-fourth of the allotted marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer
|Sections||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
For main exam:
The main exam will comprise of two stages- objective type test followed by a subjective type test.
- Duration of the exam: The exam will be held for a total duration of 3 hours. Section-wise time limit will be allotted as given below.
- Mode of exam: The main exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Total marks: The paper will carry a total of 200marks.
- Number of questions: A total of 155 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Type of questions: Since this will be an objective type test only multiple-choice questions will be asked.
- Negative marking: One-fourth of allotted marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer
|Sections||No. of questions||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||45 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40 minutes|
- Duration of exam: The subjective test will be conducted for duration of 30 minutes.
- Number of questions: Only 2 questions will be asked in this test.
- Topics: Letter Writing & Essay
- Medium of test: All the questions must be answered in English language only.
- Type of questions: Both the questions will be of descriptive type.
- Total marks: the paper will carry a total of 50 marks.
Group Exercises & Interview
The main exam will be followed by a Group Exercises carrying 20 marks and an Interview carrying 30 marks.