Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is counted amongst one of the largest open universities in the world. It offers a lot of UG, PG and doctorate courses in various fields. IGNOU Admission 2023 will be provided separately for the January and July sessions. Interested candidates can apply either for January or July session as per their convenience. The admission to a few courses like MBA, B.Sc. Nursing, B.Ed, etc. are provided based on the entrance tests. Additionally, the admissions are subjected to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria. That’s why the aspirants must check the eligibility criteria carefully before applying.
Latest: IGNOU 2023 application form July session is now available. The last date for the submission of application form is 30th June 2023.
IGNOU Admission 2023 Important Highlights
- The admission to IGNOU is provided in both online and offline mode.
- NTA will conduct the entrance exam for courses like MBA, B.Ed, etc.
- To confirm the admission, it is mandatory to pay the necessary fee.
- All the Postgraduate degree courses except MCA & M.Li.Sc are of 2 years duration. The duration of MCA and M.Li.SC is 3 years and 1 year respectively.
- The entrance exams for admission to courses like M. Phil & Ph.D are not conducted by the NTA.
- Separate application forms are released for admission to the January and July sessions.
For B.Ed Admission through NTA
|Important Activities||Tentative Dates|
|Release of application forms||To be notified|
|Last date to submit an application form||To be notified|
|Date of release of the admit card||To be notified|
|Date of Examination||To be notified|
|Declaration of results||To be notified|
MBA Admission through NTA (OPENMAT)
|Main Events||January Session||July Session|
|Availability of an application form||To be notified||To be notified|
|Last date for the submission of an application form||To be notified||To be notified|
|Release of an admit card||To be notified||To be notified|
|Date of Examination||To be notified||To be notified|
|Announcement of result||To be notified||To be notified|
Post basic B.Sc nursing Admission (OPENNET)
|Important Activities||Tentative Dates|
|Beginning of the application form submission||Yet to be notified|
|Last date for form submission||Yet to be notified|
|Availability of Admit Card||Yet to be notified|
|Examination Date||Yet to be notified|
|Declaration of result||Yet to be notified|
|Starting of the counselling process||Yet to be notified|
IGNOU Eligibility Criteria 2023
The eligibility criteria for IGNOU Admission 2023 depend upon the course in which you are looking to enroll. The eligibility norms for some of the important courses are given below.
- Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA): The candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW): Candidates with 10+2 or BPP from IGNOU can apply.
- MA (Economics/ English/ History/ Hindi/ Psychology): Applicants must be a graduate.
- MCA (Master of Computer Application): The aspirant must possess a bachelor’s degree of 3 years’ duration. Also, they should have studied Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 or bachelor’s level.
- MBA (Business Administration): Graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks.
- B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education): Candidates with Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Science/ Social science/ Commerce/ Humanity and at least 50% marks can also apply.
IGNOU Application Form 2023
The candidates looking to apply for IGNOU Admission 2023 can fill the application form either in online or offline mode. Please go through the instructions below to submit the application form conveniently.
- Aspirants who are looking to apply online can visit the official website of the university i.e. https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/.
- After accessing the application form on the website, you need to fill all the necessary details carefully.
- In addition to the details, it is also necessary to upload the necessary documents in an application form.
- The online application form should be submitted along with the admission fee.
- In order to apply offline, the aspirants may collect the application form from the nearest regional center.
- Alternatively, the candidates can also get the application form along with the prospectus through the post.
- The duly fill offline application form must be submitted at the regional center before the last date.
- Applicants are also required to submit a copy of all the relevant documents along with an application form.
- It is also mandatory to pay the application fee while submitting the application form.
- Please note that the application fee varies for different courses.
IGNOU Exam Pattern 2023
The exams are conducted for admission to some of the courses in IGNOU. The pattern for these IGNOU entrance exams 2023 is given below.
Exam for IGNOU MBA Admission 2023
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Number of Questions: 200 questions
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQs
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours
- Marking pattern: The questions will carry 1 mark each.
- Negative Marking: Not applicable.
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||200 questions||200 Marks|
Exam for IGNOU B.ED Admission 2023
- Examination Mode: Online
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple-choice question
- Number of questions: 100
- Sections: 2 (section-A and Section-B)
- Duration of Exam: 2 hours
- Marking scheme: +1 for every correct answer.
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Section – A|
|Subjects||Number of questions||Marks allotted|
|General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Educational and general awareness||25||25|
|Teaching-Learning & the School||25||25|
|Subject Competence (any of the following subjects)
Science/ Mathematics/ Social Science/ English/ Hindi
|Total||100 questions||100 marks|
- NTA will release the IGNOU admit card 2023 for the entrance exams of IGNOU.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card by entering their registration number, password or date of birth.
- The details such as examination date, timing, and venue are mentioned on an admit card.
- It is compulsory to carry the admit card and one photo identity proof at the time of exams.
- Candidates without having an admit card will not be allowed to take the exam.
IGNOU Entrance Exam Result 2023
- The result of an entrance exam will be published on the official website of NTA.
- Applicants will be able to check the result by entering the details like roll number, date of birth, etc.
- As per the performance of candidates, a merit list will be prepared.
- The admissions are provided based on the merit list created after an entrance examination.
- The general admission process depends upon the course for which the candidate is applying.
- Merit lists for admission are prepared according to the entrance exam or qualifying degree exam as applicable.
- The selected candidates have to get their documents verified.
- Applicants need to upload all of their relevant documents while applying for online admission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. 1: To which of the courses, the admissions are provided based on an entrance exam?
Answer: Admissions to the following courses are given after an entrance exam.
- B.Sc. Nursing.
- MPhil/ Ph.D. courses etc.
Ques. 2: Do I need to visit the regional center while taking admission in online mode?
Answer: No, it is not necessary to visit any regional center if you are taking admission online. You just need to upload the necessary documents on the official portal.
Ques. 3: When will I receive books from IGNOU?
Answer: IGNOU will send the books to your address soon after admission. You can also receive books from the regional center.
Ques. 4: Who conducts the entrance exam for M.Phil and Ph.D.?
Answer: The entrance exams for these courses are conducted by the university in numerous examination centers across the country.