IGNOU B.Ed Application Form 2022 has been released now in online mode. Interested candidates are suggested to submit their application as soon as it is released to avoid the last minute rush. Only after submission of the application form, the candidates will be entitled to download their admit card and appear for the exam. Along with the application form, the candidates are also required to submit a prescribed amount of application fee.
Things to Know
- Only online mode will be provided for filling and submitting the IGNOU B.Ed application form.
- The application fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates must make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.
- Application forms submitted after the last date of submission is over will not be accepted.
- Incorrect details into the application form will make it liable for rejection.
- For uploading, the original copy (and not the photocopy) of the documents should be scanned.
Important Dates for IGNOU B.Ed Application Form 2022
Check out the official dates related to IGNOU B.Ed Application Form 2022 in the table below:
|Availability of online application form||23rd March 2022|
|Last date to submit the application|
|Date of entrance exam||8th May 2022|
Steps to Apply for IGNOU B.Ed Admission
The online application form for IGNOU B.Ed can be filled by the candidates by visiting the official IGNOU website www.ignou.ac.in. Detailed instructions for filling and submitting the application form are provided below. Before filling the application form, candidates are requested to download the student handbook and prospectus and read it carefully.
Step 1: Registration
Go to the official website of IGNOU and click on the ‘Register Yourself’ button.
A registration form will appear on the screen asking you to enter the following details:
- Name of the applicant
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
Enter all these details correctly, provide the captcha and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
If you want to make any changes in the information provided, you can do so by clicking on the ‘Reset’ button.
After submission of the registration form, username and password is generated and sent via email on your email address and via SMS on your mobile.
Step 2: Filling the Application Form
On the official IGNOU website, click on the ‘Login Here’ button. Now, using the username and password you can login to your account and obtain the application form.
In the application form, you need to enter the following details:
- Programme details: Programme code, programme applied for (B.Ed in this case) and regional center
- Personal details: Nationality, category, religion, marital status, employment status, etc (details provided during registration will be automatically filled)
- Educational qualifications: Qualification, main subjects, year of passing, division, percentage of marks and university name
- Professional qualifications (NCTE recognized teacher education programme): Name of the programme, mode of study, NCTE recognized status, year, division and percentage of marks
- Correspondence details: Address, city, state, district, pin code and telephone number (details provided during registration will be automatically filled)
- Teaching experience: Whether in-service teacher, name & address of school, nature of post, type of school, registration number, post held, number of years and number of months
Step 3: Documents upload
Next step will be uploading of documents. Documents like photograph, signature, marks sheet, experience certificate etc need to be uploaded into the application form.
Specifications for document upload:
The following documents in scanned format should be uploaded into the application form as per the specification mentioned below:
|Document||Format||Maximum file size|
|Photograph||JPG/ JPEG/ PNG||100 kb|
|Signature||JPG/ JPEG/ PNG||100 kb|
|Final year marks sheet||JPG/ JPEG/ PNG||100 kb|
|Marks sheet/ certificate of a NCTE Recognized Teacher Education Program||JPG/ JPEG/ PNG||100 kb|
|Experience Certificate (if applicable)||JPG/ JPEG/ PNG||100 kb|
|Category Certificate (if applicable)||JPG/ JPEG/ PNG||100 kb|
Once you finish uploading documents, click on the ‘Next’ button to proceed towards the application submission.
Step 4: Confirm details and submit application
- After uploading of documents, a preview of the application form will appear on the screen.
- Check all the details very carefully and if any changes are required, click on the ‘Edit’ button to make correction.
- Otherwise, click on the ‘Accept & Proceed to Payment’ button. This will submit your application and take you to the payment gateway.
Step 5: Application fee payment
- On the Fee Detail page, you need to select the mode of payment. After that, details of the application fee will appear.
- The application fee for IGNOU B.Ed is expected to be Rs. 1000/-.
- Click on the ‘Make Payment’ button and you can see a page for payment option on the screen.
- Select how will you like to make payment of application fee- credit card, debit card, net banking, Google Pay, BHIM UPI, etc.
- Enter your card details and click on the ‘Pay Now’ button. Once your payment is successful, a page containing transaction id and transaction status appears.
Step 6: Printing of application
- After the payment of fee is done, a copy of the submitted application appears on the screen.
- Take a printout of the application and keep it safe for future reference.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of the application form to IGNOU Headquarters or any regional centre.
Error in Application Form & its Correction
- Information regarding the confirmation of eligibility for entrance exam and about the discrepancies (if any) in application form will be communicated to the candidates.
- Candidates then need to correct these discrepancies after which they will be able to download their admit card.
- No request to make changes into the application form other than this will be accepted by IGNOU.
- In case any discrepancy is found in the application at a later stage, the form will be rejected and the candidates will forfeit any fee deposited to the university.