IGNOU offers a bunch of courses to the applicants in the field of education, nursing, management, technology, etc. Candidates can apply for any of these courses as per their interest, given that they meet the eligibility criteria for the same. Only those who meet all the eligibility requirements as laid by the university will be granted final admissions. As such, the candidates are suggested to ensure their eligibility before even applying for the admissions. This article presents the detailed for IGNOU Eligibility Criteria for the different courses offered.
- Only eligible candidates should submit the application to take part in the IGNOU admission process.
- Enrolled candidates, if found ineligible at any later stage, will be debarred from continuing the course.
- Relaxation in minimum qualifying marks will be given to the reserved category candidates as per the University rules.
- Candidates should also carefully check the age limit applicable for courses, if any, before applying for the same.
Course-wise IGNOU Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for different courses offered by the IGNOU from the post below.
B.Sc Nursing: An entrance test OPENNET will be conducted for admission.
- In-service Nurses i.e. Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives (RNRM) having 10+2 with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) and a minimum of two years of experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession are eligible.
- In-service Nurses (RNRM) having 10th pass with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) and a minimum of five years of experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession are eligible.
- For males nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme, should have a certificate in any of the nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery.
- There is no maximum age limit.
Bachelor in Education (B.Ed): An entrance test will be conducted for admission.
- Candidates with at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Humanity will be eligible. For Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics or equivalent, 55% marks is required.
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education are eligible for B.Ed. (ODL). Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode are eligible too.
- A relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ ST/ OBC NCL/ PWD candidates.
- Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates will be provided as per the University Rules.
MBA: An entrance test will OPENMAT will be conducted for admission.
- Any graduate (including Chartered Accountancy/ Cost Accountancy/ Company Secretaryship) with 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates) is eligible.
- There is no age bar for appearing in the entrance test.
For Masters’ Degree programmes:
- M.Tech: A bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology in the relevant field is required.
- MS in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology: Applicants with Bachelors Degree in Physics/ Biology/ Chemistry/ Botany/ Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Agriculture/ Electronics/ Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology with minimum 55% marks are eligible.
- M.Sc in Bioinformatics & Biotechnology: Graduation in Science is required.
- Master of Commerce: Those with graduation in any discipline or equivalent are eligible.
- MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies: Graduate in any discipline with not less than 55% marks is required.
- MA in Electronic Media Production & Management: The candidates with graduation in any discipline scoring at least 55% marks can apply for admission.
For Bachelors’ Degree programmes:
- B.Sc in Medical Records & Health Information Technology: 10+2 or its equivalent with minimum 45% marks (science students will be given preference) is required. Minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years.
- B.Sc in Radiation Therapy Technology: Applicants who have cleared 12th exam with science subjects and a minimum of 45% marks can apply. Minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years.
- BA in Fashion Designing: A pass in class 12th exam with English as a subject is required.
- Bachelor of Commerce: The candidates should have clear 10+2 or equivalent exam in order to be eligible.
- B.Sc (Hons) in International Hospitality Administration: Those who have passed their class 12th exam and clear the test, GD and interview are eligible for admission.
For Post Graduation Diploma programmes:
- PG Diploma in Food Science & Technology: A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/ Food Technology/ Dairy Technology/ Horticulture/ Home Science/ Agriculture Engineering with two year professional experience in food processing industry/academic institutions is required.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Future Studies: Any undergraduate degree or its equivalent along with good knowledge of English and internet skills is required. Prior background in integral Studies will be preferred.
- Post Graduate Diploma: Candidates with graduate in any stream are eligible.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Finance Management: Any graduate (including Chartered Accountancy/ Cost Accountancy/ Company Secretaryship) with 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates) is eligible.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Psychology: Those with a bachelor’s degree with at least one full paper in Psychology can apply.
For Diploma programmes:
- Diploma in Hearing, Language and Speech: 10+2 pass or its equivalent pass with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, & Mathematics is required.
- Diploma in Community: A pass in class 12th exam or equivalent is required.
- Diploma in Prosthetics & Orthotics: Candidates should have passed class 12th with Science subjects (PCM/ PCB)
- Diploma in Vocational Rehabilitation (Mental Retardation): Applicants who have passed class 12th exam can apply.
- Diploma in Radio Imaging Technology: Pass in class 12th or its equivalent with Science subject (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with minimum 45% marks. Minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years.
For Certificate programmes:
- Post Graduate Certificate in Endodontics: BDS Doctors are eligible to apply.
- Post Graduate Certificate in studies of Rig Veda: Any undergraduate degree or its equivalent along with good knowledge of English and internet skills is required. Prior background in integral Studies will be preferred.
- Certificate in Security: Class 10th passed candidates are eligible for admission.
- Certificate in Rehabilitation Therapy Assistant: Applicants should have a minimum of 12 years of school or have completed ‘A’ level education. Preference will be given to persons with disabilities especially women with disabilities.
- Certificate in Leather Making: Class 8th passed candidates are eligible for admission.