To select the candidates for admission to the B.Ed degree programme offered by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), an entrance exam will be held. Interested candidates can apply for the exam through online mode from the month of June 2023 onwards. It is suggested that the candidates ensure their eligibility before applying for the exam. Candidates can get the detailed information about the IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 such as application process, exam pattern, admit card, etc from this article.
IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 Important Dates
Check out the tentative dates related to the IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 from the table below:
|Online application form release date||3rd week of June 2023|
|Last date to submit the application||1st week of July 2023|
|Issue of admit card||2nd week of July 2023|
|Date of B.Ed entrance exam||4th week of July 2023|
|Declaration of result||To be announced later|
|Commencement of the admission process||To be announced later|
IGNOU B.Ed Eligibility Criteria 2023
Candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below to appear for IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam 2023:
B.Ed programme (Regular):
- The candidates need to hold a bachelor’s degree and/ or master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Humanity with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL/ PWD category candidates).
- Applicants with BE/ B.Tech degree with specialization in Science and Mathematics are eligible too given that they score a minimum aggregate of 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL/ PWD category candidates).
B.Ed programme (ODL):
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education can apply for the B.Ed (ODL) programme.
- Those who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode are also eligible.
Application Form for IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023
Candidates can apply online for IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023. Application for the same will be made available on the website www.ntaignou.nic.in. Those who meet the eligibility criteria prescribed above can proceed with the application process.
- The first step towards application is registration of the candidates. In the registration form, candidates need to provide details like name, father’s name, date of birth, gender, username, password, etc.
- Once the registration form is submitted successfully, the candidates will be able to fill their application form using their username and password.
- Now, to fill the application form, the candidates need to provide information like nationality, category, religion, address, name of qualifying exam, year of passing, etc.
- Additional details related to NCTE recognized teacher education programme and teaching experience will also be asked in the application form.
- Scanned copies of documents like photograph, signature, marks sheet, experience certificate etc should be uploaded into application form as well.
- After providing all the details into the application form, the candidates can submit it online with the prescribed application fee.
- A printout of the application form after submission should be taken and kept safe for future reference.
- The candidates need to pay an amount of Rs. 600/- as IGNOU B.Ed application fee.
- Submission of the application fee can be done online using debit card/ credit card or net banking facility.
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of IGNOU B.Ed exam pattern 2023 is provided below.
- Exam duration: 2 hours
- Mode of exam: Online mode (Computer based exam)
- Question paper language: English and Hindi
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 100
- Marking scheme: For every right answer, 1 mark will be given to the candidates
|Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Teaching- Learning & the School||25||25|
|Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
Any one of the following: Science, Social Studies, English, Hindi or Mathematics
|General English Comprehension||10||10|
Syllabus for IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023
Details of the IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam syllabus are provided below:
- Teaching- Learning & the School: Child Development & Pedagogy, Classroom Training, Classroom Teaching, Learning Process, etc
- Educational & General Awareness: Basic Science, General Knowledge, Education System in India, History, Geography, Political Science, etc
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning: Number Series, Seating Arrangement, Blood Relations, Coding & Decoding, Order & Ranking, Letter Series, Syllogism, etc
- Subject Competence: Topics related to the curriculum prescribed for class 9th and 10th by NCERT/ CBSE
- General English Comprehension: Tenses, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Grammar, Synonyms & Antonyms, etc
- Admit card to appear for the IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam will be made available on the official website www.ntaignou.nic.in.
- Candidates should download this admit card and take one printout to be carried to the examination center.
- Along with the admit card, the candidates also need to carry a valid photo identity proof with them.
- Details related to the exam such as center, date and time will be communicated to the candidates through their admit card.
- To keep safe from loss or damage, the candidates are suggested to take multiple printouts of the admit card.
Result & Admission
- Result of the IGNOU B.Ed exam will be declared in online mode on the NTA website.
- Candidates who are declared as qualified will only be eligible to participate in the admission process.
- Those shortlisted for admission need to make payment of the prescribed tuition and other fees.
- Original documents of the candidates will also be verified before offering them final admission.
- Applicants who are offered final admission should complete all the in the prescribed time limit.
Question 1: Can I fill my application form for the IGNOU B.Ed programme through offline mode?
Answer: The application form for the B.Ed programme will only be available through online mode. No mode other than this will be provided to the candidates for form submission.
Question 2: How should I make changes in the application form after its submission?
Answer: The university will provide a specific window for making correction into the application form. IGNOU will not make any correction in the form on the behalf of the students.
Question 3: In case I lose my admit card, how can I get another one?
Answer: No admit card will be sent to the candidates in case they lose or damage it. Candidates must take multiple copies of the same in order to protect it from loss or damage.
Question 4: Is it possible to change the medium of study for the IGNOU B.Ed programme?
Answer: Candidates will be able to change the medium of study only in the first year and that too within 30 days from the receipt of first set of course material.
Question 5: How do I get the study material for the B.Ed programme?
Answer: The candidates who are granted final admission can approach the nearest Regional Center to get the B.Ed study material.