UPSC will be conducting CDS 2023 examination to select the eligible candidates for Indian army, navy, air force and officer’s training academies. The exam will be held twice a year in February and November. The application process for CDS I is now over and candidates will get the link to download their admit card shortly. The exam will be conducted in pen and paper mode and the qualifying candidates will be shortlisted for interview. Qualifying the interview will make the candidates eligible for selection in Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), Air Force Academy (AFA) and Officer’s Training Academy (OTA).
Latest: CDS 2 application form will release on 17th May 2023.
CDS 2023 application form will be releasing on 21st December 2022 for CDS I 2023.
CDS 2023 Major Highlights
- The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions to appear for the examination.
- All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail id in application form as the Commission may contact the candidates through them.
- In case of any query regarding application, candidature etc. the candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter.
- Except Indian national candidates, a certificate of eligibility is a must to hold by other candidates.
- All the documents such as application form, admit card, result, etc should be kept safe till the process of selection is over.
- All communications to the Commission should contain name & year of the exam, roll number (if received), registration id, candidate’s full name (block letters), postal address as in application & telephone number, if any.
- In case of multiple applications, the one with the higher RID (Registration ID) will be considered.
- Once applications are submitted, candidature cannot be withdrawn under any circumstances.
CDS 2023 Important Dates
The official dates for CDS I and II examinations are given below:
|Event||CDS 1||CDS 2|
|Online application form release||21st December 2022||17th May 2023|
|Last date to submit the application||10th January 2023||6th June 2023|
|Issue of admit cards||To be announced||To be announced|
|Date of exam||16th April 2023||3rd September 2023|
|Result announcement||To be announced||To be announced|
|Availability of interview call letter||To be announced||To be announced|
|Final result declaration||To be announced||To be announced|
CDS Eligibility Criteria 2023
Below- mentioned eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates hoping to appear for CDS 2023 exam:
Age limit, sex, and marital status:
CDS Exam Solved Paper- Last 11 years- Buy Now
For CDS I:
- For IMA and INA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1997 and not later than 1st January 2002 are eligible.
- For AFA: Candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 2000 (1998 for those with Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA) and not later than 1st January 2004 are eligible.
- For OTA (Men): unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1999 and not later than 1st January 2005 are eligible.
- For OTA (Women Non-Technical): Unmarried women, issueless widows and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried & born not earlier than 2nd January 1999 and not later than 1st January 2005.
For CDS II:
- For IMA and INA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 2000 and not later than 1st July 2005 are eligible.
- For AFA: Candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 2000 (1998 for those with Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA) and not later than 1st July 2004 are eligible.
- For OTA (Men): Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1999 and not later than 1st July 2005 are eligible.
- For OTA (Women Non-Technical): Unmarried women, issueless widows and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried & born not earlier than 2nd July 1999 and not later than 1st July 2005.
Note: Male divorcee/ widower candidates CANNOT be treated as unmarried male.
The candidate should be any of the following:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle here permanently
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated here from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling
- For IMA and OTA: Graduate degree of a recognized university or equivalent is required.
- For INA: Candidates with degree in engineering from a recognized university/ institution are eligible.
- For AFA: Those with degree of a recognized university with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering can apply.
- Candidates appearing in the final year exam of their degree in the year 2023 are also eligible to apply.
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services examination as per guidelines of the Commission.
CDS Application Form 2023
- Interested candidates can apply online for CDS 2023 by visiting the official UPSC website upsconline.nic.in.
- In the application, the candidates will be asked to provide their personal details such as name, email id, gender, etc and education details related to your degree exam.
- Choice for IMA, INA, AFA and OTA should also be given in the application in the order of preference.
- Candidates can also opt for the examination centers of their choice in the application form.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format will be uploaded.
- The application form complete in all respect can be submitted along with the prescribed fee.
- After successful submission of application form, a printout should be taken and kept safe for future reference.
- The application fee will be Rs. 200/ for CDS exam 2020. SC/ ST/ women candidates will be exempted from payment of application fee.
- Payment of fee can be done online using net banking/ debit card/ credit card or offline using pay-in-slip.
- The pay-in-slip can be generated online during registration and fee can be paid in cash at any branch of SBI.
CDS 2023 Exam Pattern
Check here the pattern for the CDS examination:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Medium of test: Hindi & English both, except for English section
- Negative marking: 1/3rd marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer
For IMA, INA and AFA:
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 hours|
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
CDS Syllabus 2023
The syllabus for the CDS 2023 exam is given as:
- English: Questions will be asked to test candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words
- General Knowledge: Knowledge Of Current Events, Scientific Aspects, History Of India, Geography, etc
- Elementary Mathematics: Elementary Number Theory, Algebra, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Statistics and Geometry
CDS Exam Solved Paper- Last 11 years- Buy Now
CDS Admit Card
- Admit card will be released around three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
- The candidates will be able to download their admit card from the official website of UPSC using their registration id, date of birth, roll number, father’s name, etc.
- Any problem in downloading the admit card or any discrepancy should be communicated to the commission one week before the exam.
- No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the examination unless he/she holds a valid admit card.
- Candidates should note that name in the admit card may be abbreviated in some cases due to technical reasons.
CDS Result & SSB Test 2023
- The result of CDS 2023 examination will be declared in online mode.
- The Commission will prepare a list of the candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the exam.
- Such candidates will have to register themselves on the website of recruiting directorate.
- Candidates who are declared successful in the written exam will be called for intelligence and personality test at SSB.
- In order to be considered for selection, the candidates will have to qualify in the written exam and SSB test separately.
- The applicants who are selected for Air Force and Naval Aviation will be given Pilot Aptitude Test.
- Failing this test even in the past will make the candidates ineligible for selection into Air Force. Those wearing spectacles regularly will also not be considered for Air Force.
CDS 2023 Selection Process
- The final result will be announced after the candidates clear both written and SSB test.
- Candidates who are shortlisted for selection will have to undergo medical fitness test.
- Documents and eligibility of the candidates will also be verified at the same time.
- Final selection will be done on the basis of merit of the candidates, the options exercised by them and number of vacancies available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Can I cancel the application form submitted and request for a refund?
Ans: Yes you can withdraw the application but you can’t get refund against the application fee paid.
Ques: Can I submit multiple applications?
Ans: You must not think about the same. You need to be careful enough while filling the application form. You can fill multiple applications under an unavoidable circumstances but you’ll have to pay for each application.
Ques: Can a appearing candidate apply for CDS exam?
Ans: Yes they can apply but they should not have any existing backlogs. Furthermore, they have to submit the required documents before the deadline intimated by UPSC.
Ques: Can I apply for CDS 2023 in offline mode?
Ans: No, it’s not possible. You are allowed to apply online according to the deadline intimated by the concerned authority.
84 thoughts on “CDS 2023: Admit Card (soon), Exam Date, Test Pattern”
Sir CDs 1 ki ssb date kb hai
I am born in april 1996 and completed my btech in 2019 ..can i apply for cds 2 ota 2020?
I am born in april 1996 ..am i eligible for cds 2 2020?
I’m born on 17/03/2003
Am I eligible for appearing in cds exam in nov. For 2nd phase?
NCC special entry is only for NCC cadets from law background or for NCC cadet from any field who have done their C certificate
My DOB is 6/9/1994 Am I eligible for the cds exam?
Sorry parveen, you are not eligible.
From can I get the physical standards of cds
Please follow the brochure.
Is cds exam online or offline??
after 10th i have completed my diploma in computer engineering so am i eligible for cds for afa….
I have age criteria,can I apply with 10+2 qualification
sir my dob is 23 jul 1995 am i eligible for the ota, exam
Sorry Deepika you are not eligible for the exam.
Sir my DOB 22.01.1999 I am Ealagabal or IMA or not Ealagabal
I am a dental student 4th year can I apply
I am pre final year student in engg my dob is 2/2000.i will apply for this exam
I just passed class 12 in 2019, my dob is 18/03/2001…
Can i able to apply for this job?
Sir my doubt is cds 2 exam is a new exam or a continuity of cds 1 exam??
Hi my age is 30-12-1994 can i applay the cds
Sir my DOB 5/121/996. h ky mein IMA ke iye elegiable hu
Sir I have grace in my 3rd sem can I apply for CDS OTA ,in my university no improvement exam
Helo sir ,my hieght is 5 feet 3 inches (161.5 cm) am I eligible for CDS OTA exam.
Sir meri height 150 Cm hai kya m CDS ke eligible hu
My birth date is 21/11/2002 currently studying in class 12th with medical stream.
I am eligible for cds or not.. If not why sir???
I’m perusing my bachelor degree. Is I’m eligible for OTA?
Exam hindi or english dono m aata h kya
Is there age relaxation for sc/St?
Sir I’m I eligible for the OTA ?
DOB : 16/09/1998
Qualification : B.Com (Hons.) From
Can we apply in 11 class dob 12-7-
Sorry, you are not eligible.
Am I eligible for ima course I 2020 through cdse if my DOB is 22/11/1996
Sorry, you don’t meet the age criteria.
My date of birth is 22/11/1996 ,I m eligible for IMA or not and why?
Are tattoos allowed in OTA for women? Tattoos that are not visible in uniform?
Permanent body tattoos are allowed only on inner face of forearm i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent tattoos are not acceptable on any part of the body. . Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis. Commandant Selection Centre will be competent authority for clearing such cases
Sir my dob is 12-11-1995
I m eligible for ota
No, you are not meeting the age criteria.
Sir I’m in my fifth year of btech…I have few backlogs can I apply for cds1?
Sorry Pooja, you are not eligible. You should not have any present backlogs upto the last semester / year.
i had completed my graduation 2019 ..but my date of birth 08/06/1995.so i can apply for this CDS..please tell me
You are eligible Nagesh. All the best!
CDS exam kaun kaun se language Mai de sakte hai ?
The question papers (Test Booklets) for Elementary Mathematics and General Knowledge will be bilingual in Hindi as well as English.
is there any height required for ota
The minimum acceptable height for women candidate is 152 cms.
Sir, my DOB is jan 1994,plz tell me I’m eligible for OTA or not???
Sorry Kanchan, you are not eligible.
FOR OTA exam students in final year btech are eligible(2020 passouts)
There is no written exam for NCC C certificate holders …they can directly apply for interview …but Minimum B grade must be there in C certificate …if it is A grade then it is well and good
Mention your qualification i will ensure it..Raghavi
Candidates appearing in the final year exam of their degree in the year 2020 are also eligible to apply.
Can i fill the form of cds, because i am perusing my graduation (5th SEMESTER)
my nationality is Nepal but i have done my schooling and currently pursuing B.tech degree in India.Am i eligible for the CDS exam?
My graduation will complete on 2020 can i apply for cds
yes… u can apply but u dont have to be any present back logs upto the last sem.
Im Ncc c certificate holder. There is any exemption for me in cds exam. Some one has told me there is no written exam for ncc c certificate holder is it correct plzz tell me how to approach directly in ssb interview
There is no written exam for NCC C certificate holders. They can directly apply for interview but Minimum B grade must be there in C certificate. if u have A grade then it is good for u.
I use spectaculs regularly am I eligible for OTA.
I gone through the brochure and found info as- Candidates who habitually wear spectacles are not eligible for Air Force.
I have a back paper ,but will soon clear it by November 2019 , will i be eligible to fill the form for upcoming cdse exam 2020?
No back paper is allowed.
Pursuing my B.Tech, am I eligible for cdse
The official notification says: Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course. Hope your doubt will be cleared now.
is it diploma in mechanical engg plus Btech in mechanical engg candidates are eligible for OTA Chennai. but not 10+2
Candidates having a Degree of a recognised University or equivalent are eligible for OTA. Do confirm other criteria. I also suggest you to confirm it once with the concerned authority.
Im final year bbm/bba student and have completed my 10+12 with physics and maths so am i eligible for INA and plz let me knw soon
I suggest you to read the eligibility section for a better clarification about your eligibility.
I use spectaculs every day..am I eligible for AFA as a non technical?
Candidates who habitually wear spectacles are not eligible for Air Force.
is women eligible for INA and AFA?
Since women candidates are eligible for OTA only, they should give OTA as their first and only preference. Hope i cleared your doubt.
When is the date of registrations for 2019
The registration process for 2019 is over. You can check your eligibility for CDS 2020. The registration process is being started from 30th October 2019.
i need all details about CDS exam 2019 and 2020
Please read our post. If you have any further doubt feel free to share it here.
I have Passed 10+2 in mathematics .Am I eligible without bachelor in engineering?
Please informed about this exam.
Sir , my date of birth is october 1994 , am i eligible for CDS I exam or no , i wanted to know .
Please read our post for a better clarification.
I want to check whether I m eligible or no for 2020 CDs exam?
Please read the eligibility section of this post to confirm whether you are eligible for the exam or not.