CDS is organized by UPSC to provide admission to eligible candidates in the Indian Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy. UPSC conducts CDS exam twice in a year. Through this article, candidates get in touch with latest news regarding CDS Exam Pattern 2023. We’ll be providing our readers, the information on the current CDS Exam Pattern 2023 and related components. Candidates should read the complete article to get an idea of the structure of the exam pattern. According to the exam pattern stated by UPSC, the CDS recruitment process consists of two stages – written exam and SSB tests. The details of CDS exam pattern 2023 for each stage is explained below.
Candidates can check the details of CDS exam pattern for written exam as mentioned below. It is also essential to know the exam syllabus for better preparation.
For candidates aspiring for Indian Military Academy (IMA)/ Indian Naval Academy (INA) /Air Force Academy (AFA) –
|Duration of the Exam
For Officer’s Training Academy (OTA) candidates –
Key features of the written examination
- Exam Mode: pen and paper mode.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Exam Duration: 2 Hours for each paper.
- Negative Marking: 1/3 marks or 0.33 marks will be deducted in case of wrong answer.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will be given 0.83 marks for every correct answer in English & General Knowledge and for each right response in Elementary mathematics, they’ll get 1 mark.
- Maximum marks will remain same for written exam as well as Interview.
- The commission will have the sole discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
- Use of Calculator is not allowed in the Written Exam.
Download here- CDS admit card
Features of SSB Test
Candidates who clear their written test of CDS will be called for SSB test. The SSB test will be based on the intelligence and personality of the candidate. SSB procedure is composed of two stages –
CDS Exam Solved Paper- Last 11 years- Buy Now
Stage 1: This stage of SSB Tests comprises Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests and Picture Perception Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on the performance in stage 1 test.
Stage 2: This stage of Test comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference and tests are conducted over 4 days. Only those candidates who clear the Stage 1 of the SSB Tests will continue to Stage 2.
Personality Test Assessment
- The personality of a candidate is judged by three different assessors – Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist.
- There is no separate Weightage for each test.
- The performance of the candidate in this test will determine his/her marks.
- In addition, marks for conference will also be based on the initial performance of the candidate in the three techniques and decision of the Board.
- The different tests in personality test assessment are made to bring out the presence/absence of officer like qualities and their trainability in a candidate.
- Personality test assessment is the overall personality of a candidate that judges whether the candidate possess certain skills to be an officer or not, whether he possess leadership skills, empathy towards others, passion to serve the country and traits like that.