UPCET 2023: Admission into various courses in the field of engineering, technology, pharmacy, management, etc is given on the basis of UPCET 2023. The National Testing Agency is the concerned authority that release UPCET application form. Selected candidates will be eligible for admission into different institutes situated in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The application form is most likely to release by 1st week of April 2023 through online mode. This post contains all the important details related to the UP state entrance exam in a nutshell.
- Candidates should check whether they fulfill the prescribed eligibility before applying for admissions.
- Application fee
- If the candidate faces any kind of problem in downloading the admit card, he/she must immediately contact the helpline.
- Final admission will be granted to the candidates only if their original documents and eligibility are verified successfully at the time of counseling.
- Admission is also open for Foreign Nationals (FN)/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Non-Resident Indian (NRI) candidates and Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWGC).
UPCET 2023 Schedule
From the table below, check the official dates related to UPCET 2023:
|Opening date for filling online application||1st week of April 2023|
|Closing date for submitting application form||To be announced|
|Closing date for correction in the application||To be announced|
|Admit card release date||To be announced|
|Date of entrance exam||To be announced|
|Publication of result||To be announced|
UPCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Check below the eligibility criteria for appearing in UPCET 2023:
1st year B.Tech/ B.Pharma/ B.Des/ MCA (Integrated)/ M.Tech (Dual Degree)- The candidate must have passed intermediate or equivalent exam with specified subject combination and a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (40% marks for SC/ ST candidates) in these subjects. Those with Diploma in Engineering & Technology with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) are also eligible for B.Tech.
1st year BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA/ MBA (Integrated)/ B.Voc.- Those with pass in intermediate or equivalent exam with not less than 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST candidates) in aggregate can apply.
1st year B. Arch- Candidate should clear intermediate or equivalent exam securing minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in each of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
1st year MBA- The applicants must have passed minimum 3-year Bachelor’s degree course or equivalent with at least 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ ST candidates).
1st year MCA- The applicants must have passed minimum 3-year Bachelor’s degree course or equivalent with at least 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ ST candidates). Mathematics at 10+2 or graduation level is also mandatory.
2nd year B.Tech- Candidates should have passed Engineering Diploma with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST). It is necessary that the institute is located in UP or the parents (both) are domicile of Uttar Pradesh. Candidates who have passed B.Sc degree with not less than 45% aggregate marks (40% for SC/ ST candidates) and had Mathematics as a subject are eligible too.
2nd year B.Pharma- Candidates should have passed Diploma in Pharmacy with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST). It is necessary that either the institute is located in UP or the parents (both) are domicile of Uttar Pradesh.
2nd year of MCA- A pass in minimum 3-year Bachelor’s degree course in BCA, B.Sc (IT/ Computer Science) securing minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate is required. Mathematics at 10+2 or graduation level is also mandatory.
UPCET 2023 Application Form
The candidates will be able to fill and submit their application form in online mode by visiting the official website www.upsee.nic.in. Before the candidates start filling the application form, they must be ready with all the important documents like bank details, soft copies of photograph, etc.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal, educational, contact and other details.
- Along with this, the candidates will also have to upload the scanned copies of their photograph and signature into the application form.
- Duly filled application form, complete and correct in all aspects, can then be submitted along with the prescribed application fee.
- A printout of the filled-in application form should be taken out and kept safe by the candidates in case of further correspondence.
- Candidates are requested not to send this application form printout to the university’s office.
- The application fee for male/ transgender candidates of general/ OBC category will be Rs. 1300/-.
- For SC/ ST category candidates and female/ PH candidates of all categories, the application fee will be Rs. 650/-.
UPCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Basic overview of the UPCET 2023 exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of exam: OMR based
- Number of papers: 8
- Medium of exam: Hindi & English (for UG courses)
- Type of questions: Objective type (except Drawing Aptitude Test)
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 4 marks
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Papers||Subjects & Number of questions||Total Marks & Duration|
|Paper 1||Physics- 50
|600, 3 hours|
|Paper 2||Physics- 50
|600, 3 hours|
|Paper 3||Aptitude Test for Architecture & Design
Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity- 50 each
Drawing Aptitude- 2
|600, 2:30 hours|
|Paper 4||Aptitude Test for General Awareness
(BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA/ MBA Integrated)- 100
|400, 2 hours|
|Paper 5||Aptitude Test for B.Sc Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry)/ 2nd year MCA- 100||400, 2 hours|
|Paper 6||Aptitude Test for MBA/ MCA- 100||400, 2:30 hours|
|Paper 7||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry)- 100||400, 2 hours|
|Paper 8||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry)- 100||400, 2 hours|
How to Prepare for UPSEE 2023?
Certain tips that can help the students in preparing for the exam in a better manner are given below:
- Draw a time table for your studies and stick to it.
- Make sure you give proper time to each subject.
- Always remain focused in your classroom.
- Only study from authentic books from reliable publications.
- Make notes of all the important topics.
- Revise and practice previous year papers on a regular basis.
UPCET 2023 Admit Card
- The candidates will be able to download the admit card for appearing in the exam from the official website of the university.
- Details of the exam such as center, date & time will be communicated to the candidates through their admit card.
- Candidates must take a hard copy of the downloaded admit card to carry it to the exam center.
- Entry is permitted only to those candidates who report to the exam center with a valid admit card.
UPCET 2023 Result
- UPSEE 2023 result is expected to be announced in the month of May 2023/ June 2023 and can be checked from the official website.
- To check the result, the candidates will be asked to provide details such as application number, roll number, date of birth, etc.
- Merit position, score card with total marks and marks obtained in each subject shall be available on website after the declaration of the result.
- Successful candidates shall be called for counseling according to their merit in the entrance exam.
UPCET 2023 Counseling
- Details of the counseling process will be intimated to the candidates through newspapers and website.
- During counseling, the candidates will have to provide their choice for trade and institute in which they seek admission.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their merit and choice depending on the availability.
- Final admission will be confirmed after all the required fee (tuition and others) are submitted.