The Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University offers admissions to its B.Tech and B.Arch courses as per the final ranks of the applicants in the JEE Main exam. The university has scrapped its own entrance exam (JMI EEE) from the session 2019-20. So, the JMI EEE 2023 exam will not take place. The interested candidates first have to appear for the JEE Main exam and then apply for JMI admission 2023. Please note that the application form will release in online mode only. The aspirants must ensure their eligibility before submitting the application forms.
JMI EEE 2023 Main Highlights
- The candidates must provide their 12 digit JEE main application number while filling the application form at the JMI portal.
- Upload the same photograph on the JMI application portal as uploaded in the JEE Main application form.
- It is compulsory to have a phone number in order to register for the admission process. Keep the registered phone number active during the admission process.
- The university provides reservation to the candidates from the following categories i.e. Muslim, Muslim OBC/ ST, Muslim Women, Jamia Internal, PWD (Person with Disability)
- Those aspirants who are looking to apply for B.Tech and B.Arch admission should appear for both JEE Main Paper 1 and JEE Main Paper 2.
JMI EEE 2023 Important Dates
The tentative schedule for JMI B.Tech Admission 2023 is given below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of application form online||4th week of February 2023|
|Last date to fill the application form||Last week of March 2023|
|Correction window for editing the application form||Last week of March to 1st week of April|
|Issuance of the registration slip with JMI application number and JEE main score||3rd to 4th week of April 2023|
|Rest of the admission formalities||May 2023|
JEE Main Expected Schedule
|Main Events||Tentative Dates||Tentative Dates|
|Beginning of online application form submission||1st week of September 2022||2nd week of February 2023|
|Last date to submit application form online||Last week of September 2022||1st week of March 2023|
|Last date for the payment of an application fee||1st week of October 2022||2nd week of March 2023|
|Releasing of Admit Card||November 2022||3rd week of March 2023|
|Date of Examination||1st week of January 2023||1st week of April 2023|
|Declaration of result||Last week of January 2023||Last week of April 2023|
The Jamia Millia Islamia offers B.Tech Programmes in the following branches.
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Apart from this, the university also offers 5-year B.Arch and B.Arch (Self-Finance) courses as well.
JMI EEE Eligibility Criteria 2023
The candidates looking for admission into B.Tech course in Jamia Millia Islamia University must meet the eligibility criteria given below.
For B.Tech Degree Programmes
- The candidate must pass the 10+2 or any equivalent exam with at least 50% marks in PCM subject group ( Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
- Aspirants having a diploma in engineering recognized by AICTE or any other state board of technical education of at least 3 or 4 years duration with a minimum of 55% marks can also apply.
For B.Arch Programmes
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Plus, the aspirants also need to have a minimum of 50% marks in PCM.
- Candidates with a 10+3 diploma with Mathematics as a compulsory subject and at least 50% aggregate marks are also eligible.
JMI EEE Application Form 2023
The application form for JMI B.Tech/ B.Arch Admission 2023 will release after the JEE Main exam. Here are the important details related to the application process.
- The candidates will be able to access the application online through the official website of the university.
- In the application form, the aspirants have to provide the required educational, contact and personal details.
- Please note that the details must be accurate as the university will verify documents later.
- Candidates also need to upload their passport size photograph and signature in the application form.
- Please note the photograph should be the same as uploaded in the JEE main application form.
- After submitting the application form, it is compulsory to pay the application fee.
- It is recommended to take a print out of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future reference.
- The application fee for JMI B.Tech/ B.Arch admission 2023 is Rs. 550/- + applicable bank charges.
- Fees must be paid via online payment gateways using a debit card/ credit card or internet banking.
JMI Registration Slip 2023
- Once all the application forms are submitted, the university releases a registration slip on its official portal.
- These slips consist of information like JEE Main and JMI application number of the candidate, photograph, roll no. preference, etc.
- Candidates will also receive SMS from the university to check the registration slip.
- Applicants will get the opportunity to request for the correction in the information available in the registration slip.
Selection Process and Result
- The university will prepare a merit list for B.Tech admission based on JEE Main Paper – 1.
- Similarly, for B.Arch admission, a merit list will be prepared based on JEE Main Paper – 2.
- The candidates who will get their names in the merit list will be selected for the final admission.
- To get their seats confirmed, the aspirants have to get their documents verified and pay the admission fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: How do I request for a correction in the registration slip?
Answer: You may send an email to the university helpdesk for that purpose. The official email address of the helpdesk is [email protected]
Question – 2: Can I get the printed application form from the university campus?
Answer: No, the application forms release in online mode only.
Question – 3: I haven’t appeared for the JEE Main Exam. Can I apply for the B.Tech or B.Arch admission at JMI?
Answer: The admissions are provided solely on the basis of the JEE Main examination merit list.