Selection of candidates for admission to the B.Ed programme offered by the U.P. Rajarshi Tandon Open University (UPRTOU) is done on the basis of an entrance exam followed by an interview. Interested candidates who also meet the prescribed eligibility can apply for this exam through online mode. It is expected that the application form will be released in the month of March 2023 and the exam will be held in June 2023. This article presents the complete details about the UPRTOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023.
List of Study Centers
The B.Ed degree programme runs at the following study centers of the U.P. Rajarshi Tandon Open University:
- Hindu College, Moradabad
- RBS College, Agra
- VSSD College, Kanpur
- TD College, Jaunpur
- DDU University, Gorakhpur
- Digamber Jain College, Baraut (Bagpat)
- Degree College, Allahabad
- Ch. Tulsi Ram Yadava College, Allahabad
- Shyamlal Saraswati College, Bulandshahr
- Shibli National PG College, Azamgarh
For B.Ed (Special Education)
- Viklang Kendra, Allahabad
- Israji Devi Shikshan Sansthan, Allahabad
- UP Institute for Hearing Handicapped, Allahabad
- Chetna (A Society for the Welfare of the Mentally Retarded), Lucknow
- Integrated Institute for Disabled, Varanasi
- T.D. College (Viklang Punarvas Kendra), Jaunpur
- Training College for Teachers of the Deaf, Lucknow
- Khadi Gramodyog Vikas Samiti Bandhwa, Allahabad
- Friends of Handicapped Swami Satyanand Sarasvatim ‘Vani’ Center for Hearing and Mentally Retired Children Meerut
UPRTOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to UPRTOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 are given below in the table.
|Online application form release date||1st week of March 2023|
|Last date to submit application fee via challan||3rd week of May 2023|
|Last date of submission of application form||4th week of May 2023|
|Uploading of admit cards||1st week of June 2023|
|Date of exam||3rd week of June 2023|
|Result announcement||1st week of July 2023|
|Beginning of admission process||4th week of July 2023|
UPRTOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Check below the eligibility criteria for appearing in the UPRTOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023:
- The candidates who have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Science/ Social Science/ Humanities or equivalent with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD category candidates).
- Those with a bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics scoring not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD category candidates) or equivalent are eligible too.
- Candidates should have completed a teacher education program recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) through the face to face mode or should be trained teachers working in a primary school located in Uttar Pradesh.
- Applicants who have done their graduation from a recognized university with the following two subjects as their main subject or one of the following subjects at graduation and another at intern level can also apply- Hindi, English , Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Mathematics, Home Science, History, Geography, Political Science, Psychology Science, Sociology, Economics and Commerce.
UPRTOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 Application Form
Application form for UPRTOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 can be filled through online mode. To obtain the form, the candidates need to visit the official website of the U.P. Rajarshi Tandon Open University www.uprtou.ac.in.
- The candidates will first have to fill a registration form providing details like name, father’s name, date of birth, email id, etc.
- After successful registration, user id and password will be created and a copy of bank challan will be generated for application fee payment.
- Upon successful fee payment the candidates can login to their account using the credentials generated above to fill their application form
- Rest personal details, academic details and contact and other details related to the candidates will be asked in the application form.
- Soft copies of documents such as photograph and signature of the candidates should be uploaded in the application form as well.
- Application form complete in all respect can then be submitted online. A printout of the form should be taken after submission and kept safe for future correspondence.
- Printout of the application form along with a copy of challan should also be sent ot the university at the following address:
Controller of Examination (B.Ed Entrance 2023)
U.P. Rajarshi Tandon Open University
Shantipuram Sector F, Phaphamau, Allahabad 211021
- The application fee for the General/ OBC candidates will be Rs. 1000/- and Rs. 550/- for SC/ ST candidates.
- Payment of application fee can be done by submitting the challan generated after registration in the bank. Other than this, the fees can also be transferred online.
UPRTOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of UPRTOU B.Ed entrance exam pattern 2023 is given below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 100 questions (each section)
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
|Section I||General Mental Ability||50 marks|
|General Awareness||50 marks|
|Section II||Teaching Aptitude||40 marks|
|Understanding in Teaching Subject I||30 marks|
|Understanding in Teaching Subject II||30 marks|
UPRTOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 Admit Card
- Candidates who submit their applications on time will be able to download the admit card from the university’s website.
- A printout of the downloaded admit card should be taken to be produced at the time of exam.
- The admit card will contain details like candidates’ name, roll number, exam schedule, centre details and important instructions printed on it.
- To protect the admit card from loss or damage, the candidates should keep with them multiple printouts of the same.
- No admit card will be issued to the candidates through post or courier under any circumstances.
UPRTOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 Result
- UPRTOU B.Ed entrance test result will be available through online mode hopefully in the month of June 2023.
- Candidates will be able to check their result by visiting the university’s official website using their roll number.
- A merit list will be prepared by the authorities based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam.
- After clearing the entrance exam, the candidates will be allowed to attend the counseling round in the order of their merit.
UPRTOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 Counseling
- At the time of counseling, a basic interview session will be conducted, the details of which will be made available on the university’s website.
- Candidates reporting for the interview/ counseling must carry all their documents in original and photocopy for verification.
- After interview and verification of documents, candidates will be allowed to provide their choice for study center.
- Seats will then be allotted to the candidates as per their choice, merit in the entrance exam and performance in the interview.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will be the duration of the B.Ed course offered at the UPRTOU?
The duration of the B.Ed course will be 2 years (2.5 years for B.Ed Special Education). A maximum of 5 years will be given to complete the course.
What is the provision for giving preference to the candidates applying for B.Ed Special Education course?
Candidate who apply for B.Ed Special Education course will be given preference for admission if he/she fulfill any of the following conditions-
- Is a parent to a disabled child
- Is disabled himself/ herself
- Has done a course recognized by RCI
Can I provide my choice for exam center for appearing in UPRTOU B.Ed Entrance Test?
You will be given the opportunity to select the exam centers of your choice at the time of application. Final decision for allotment of centers will be of the university only.
Can I candidates outside of Uttar Pradesh apply for UPRTOU B.Ed admission?
Yes. But only the candidates with domicile of Uttar Pradesh will be given the benefit of reservation.
Where can I get the study material for the B.Ed programme?
The candidates can get the study material from the study center allotted to them after their admission is done finally.