B.Ed admission in Delhi University will be based on CUET PG score. CUET PG 2023 is all set to be conducted on June 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 2023. Those candidates who want to take admission through this admission need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. All the necessary details related to the DU B.Ed. Entrance Test 2023 are given in this article.
Latest: DU B.Ed entrance test 2023 has been replaced by CUET PG.
DU B.Ed. Admission 2023 Important Dates
The tentative schedule of DU B.Ed. Admission 2023 process is explained in the table given below.
|Availability of online application form
|3rd week of May 2023
|Last date for online application form submission
|1st week of June 2023
|Issuance of admit card
|2nd week of June 2023
|Date of B.Ed. Entrance Exam
|3rd week of June 2023
|Declaration of result
|2nd week of July 2023
|Starting of the counselling process
|3rd week of July 2023
|Beginning of the classes
|3rd week of July 2023
DU B.Ed 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates want to appear for the DU B.Ed. Entrance Test 2023 need to make sure that they meet the following eligibility norms as decided by the Delhi University.
- The candidates must possess a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of Science/ Social Science/ Humanities/ Commerce or any equivalent qualification with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for OBC/ PWD aspirants and Children/ Widows/ Wives of Armed Personnel, including Para-Military Personnel, killed or disabled in Action).
- Those candidates who have B.E or B.Tech degrees with specialization in Science and Mathematics with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks (50% for OBC/ PWD candidates and Children/ Widows/ Wives of Armed Personnel, including Para-Military Personnel, killed or disabled in Action) or equivalent are eligible to apply.
Note: Please note that SC/ ST candidates just need passing marks in the qualifying exam.
Subject Category and Teaching subject
From the table given below, candidates will be asked to choose one subject category and only one teaching subject within the subject category which they must have studied in the qualifying degree exam (graduation or master’s degree) for at least 200 marks. Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in this subject.
|Subject Category (Pedagogy 1 subject)
|Teaching Subject (Pedagogy 2 subject)
DU B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The candidates who wish to apply for the DU B.Ed. Entrance Test 2023 will be able to submit the application form in online mode only. In order to access the application form, candidates need to visit the official website of Department of Education, Delhi University www.doe.du.ac.in.
- The link to the application form will be made available on the home of the official website.
- In the application form, candidates need to enter their personal and educational details including name, gender, category, marks in qualifying exam, year of passing, etc.
- Apart from the details, it is also necessary for the candidates to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature.
- In addition to this, candidates are also required to provide their choice of subject category and one teaching subject in the application form.
- After providing all the details and uploading images, candidates may submit the application form.
- It is also necessary to pay the application fee at the time of submitting the application form.
- Candidates must keep a copy of the application form submitted and fee receipt safe for the future requirements.
- The application fee needs to be paid in order to appear for the DU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 is given below.
- General Candidates: Rs. 500/-
- Reserved Category Candidates: Rs. 250/-
- Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid in online mode using a credit card/ debit card or internet banking.
DU B.Ed 2023 Exam Pattern
The pattern of the DU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 is given below.
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer-based test)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 100
- Language of questions: English or Hindi
- Maximum Marks: 400
- Marking Pattern: Each question will carry 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted in case of every incorrect answer
|Number of questions
|Language Proficiency (English and Hindi)
|Reasoning and General Awareness
|Subject Knowledge at School Level (till senior secondary level)
DU B.Ed 2023 Admit Card
- Those candidates who will submit DU B.Ed. Entrance Exam Application Form 2023 before the last date will be able to download the admit card online.
- In order to download the admit card, applicants need to provide their application number and date of birth on the official website.
- The information like name, roll number, examination centre address, etc. will be present on the admit card.
- It is compulsory for all the candidates to carry a hard copy of the downloaded admit card.
- Along with the admit card, aspirants also need to carry a valid ID card at the time of the examination.
DU B.Ed 2023 Result
- The result of DU B.Ed. Entrance Exam will be made available online through the official website of the Delhi University.
- Authorities will also release a merit list on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the entrance exam.
- Different merit list will be released based on the subject category selected by the candidates while filling the application form.
- Those candidates who will get their names in the merit list will be invited to take part in the further rounds of the admission process.
- Only those candidates will be allowed to take part in the counselling process who will be shortlisted after the release of the merit list.
- During the counselling process, candidates will be asked to provide a choice of colleges in which they want to study.
- The seats will be allotted strictly as per the marks secured by the candidates in the entrance exam and choice filled by them during the counselling process.
- The university will also verify the documents at the time of the counselling.
- Please note that the counselling process may take place in multiple rounds depending upon the availability of seats.
Frequently Asked Questions
Given below is the list of colleges that will accept the DU B.Ed entrance test result of granting admissions-
Maharshi Valmiki College of Education (MVCE)
Department of Education (Central Institute of Education – CIE)
Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for women (SPMC)- only for women candidates
Lady Irwin College (LIC)- only for women candidates
Please note that the application form will release in online mode only. All the candidates have to submit the same through the official website.
Yes, one mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Please note that the DU B.Ed. Entrance Test 2023 will be held in online mode only.
It is expected that the application form for DU B.Ed. Entrance Test 2023 will release in the month of May 2023.