University of Calicut selects candidates for admission into its 2-year B.Ed degree programme on the basis of their merit in the qualifying exam. Selected candidates will be offered enrolment into any of the 73 colleges affiliated to University of Calicut as per their choice. Admission to B.Ed programme will be given only to Keralites but non-Keralite candidates also can be admitted to a maximum of 10% of the management quota seats in Private self-financing colleges. The application form for admission has been released now. Get detailed information about the University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2023 from this article below.
Latest: Candidates can apply for University of Calicut B.Ed admission 2023 till 16th June 2023.
University of Calicut B.Ed 2023 Important Dates
The table below presents the important dates related to University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2023:
|Online application form release date||Started|
|Last date for submission of application form||16th June 2023|
|Display of rank list||Will be updated soon|
|Commencement of seat allotment process||Will be updated soon|
|Reporting of candidates for admission to the allotted college||Will be updated soon|
|Last date for taking admission||Will be updated soon|
|Beginning of classes||Will be updated soon|
University of Calicut B.Ed 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below can apply for the University of Calicut B.Ed admission 2023:
- A BA/ B.Sc degree from the University of Calicut or any other equivalent degree under 10+2+3 pattern with a minimum of 50% marks in Part I + II + III together and at least 50% marks in Part III alone is required.
- Those with a master’s degree in the same subject with not less than 50% marks in aggregate are eligible to apply too.
- The applicants with integrated M.Sc or M.Com degree under 10+2+5 pattern are eligible to apply too.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology with a specialization in Science and Mathematics scoring a minimum of 55% marks can apply too.
University of Calicut B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The University of Calicut B.Ed 2023 application form will be released online on the official website of the university. Before proceeding with the registration process, the candidates will have to make online payment of the application fees.
- Interested applicants will first have to register themselves under the Central Admission Process (CAP) and create a login account.
- Basic details like name, phone number, email id, etc of the candidates will be asked for registration.
- After successful registration, the candidates can proceed with the filling up of the application form
- Into the application form, personal and academic details of the candidates will be asked.
- Candidates also need to upload their photograph and signature into the form in scanned format.
- After providing all details as asked in the application form, it can be submitted online.
- A printout of the duly filled and submitted application form should be taken and kept safe for future reference.
- Payment of application fee can be done through e-payment system by means of SBI online/ SBI e-challan/ nodal centers functioning in affiliated colleges/ Friends Janasevana Kendram/ Akshaya Kendras.
- For general category candidates, the application fee will be Rs. 555/- and for SC/ST category candidates, the fee will be Rs. 170/-.
Merit List Preparation
- A merit list of the candidates on the basis of their marks in the qualifying exam will be prepared.
- Special weightage will be given to candidates with post graduation degree, candidates having teaching experience in Govt./ Aided Schools, those who have undergone NCC training with minimum 75% attendance and candidates who have completed the undergraduate degree exam with single main in subject concerned.
- The list will be drawn in the order of ranking and will be displayed on the official website.
- Seat allotment process will then begin as per the names of the candidates in the merit list/ rank list.
- A trial allotment will be conducted to give the applicants an idea about the chances of getting allotment to a programme and college based on the options, merit and reservation rules.
- After the trial allotment candidates will be allowed to verify and rearrange their options.
- There will be two stages of allotments- first and second in the final allotment round.
- After the first allotment is done on the basis of choice given by the candidates all other lower options will automatically be cancelled.
- On receiving the first allotment, candidates should report to college for temporary/ permanent admission.
- Those who are satisfied with the allotment should proceed with permanent admission and those who want to be considered for the second allotment should take temporary admission.
- For second allotment, only the higher choices given by the candidates will be considered.
- After the second allotment candidates should take permanent admissions to the colleges allotted.
University of Calicut B.Ed 2023 Admission Process
- Candidates satisfied with their allotment in first or second round will be able to download an admit card for permanent admission.
- Those reporting for the permanent admission should carry with them all their important documents in original for verification and submission.
- Eligibility and documents of the candidates will be verified after which they will be offered final admission.
- The candidates taking temporary admissions need not remit any fee or submit any certificates to the college.
Candidates should produce the following original documents at the time of admission to the colleges concerned:
- Printout of online application form
- Qualifying degree certificate
- Secondary school leaving certificate
- Mark sheets of qualifying degree exam (Part I, II & III) or consolidated grade card of higher qualifications
- Transfer certificate from the last institution studied
- Conduct certificate obtained within 6 months
- Equivalency Certificate from the University of Calicut for candidates who passed the qualifying exam from any university outside Kerala
- Community Certificate from the competent Authority for SC/ ST/ OEC/ ETB/ MU/ OBH/ LC/ SIUC category candidates
- Non-creamy layer certificate for SEBC category candidates
- Medical Certificate for PWD candidates
- Nativity Certificate from the Village Officer for candidates eligible for Nativity Weightage
- Certificate from the Head Master stating that the candidate has applied for leave to undergo B. Ed course
- Experience Certificate for claiming Teachers Quota and for getting Weightage for teaching experience for those applying under Merit Quota
- Relevant certificate from the competent authority for Ex-Serviceman/ Wife of Ex-Serviceman/ Other Dependents of Ex-Serviceman/ Wife of serving personnel/ Other dependents of serving personnel, if applicable
- Any other certificates from the competent authorities for the claim for admission under any specific quota weightage such as Sports/ Linguistic minority/ N.C.C/ N.S.S. etc
What optional subjects can I choose for admission to B.Ed degree programme in University of Calicut?
A list of optional subjects available for B.Ed admission is provided below:
- Physical Science
- Natural Science
- Social Science
- Computer Science
Is there any upper age limit to apply for the University of Calicut B.Ed admission?
No. There is no upper age limit prescribed to apply for the University of Calicut B.Ed admission.
What if I want to edit my application form after the final/ submission?
In each nodal center, a nodal officer has been appointed and the students can avail their assistance for registration and editing after final submission. The candidates can visit any of the nearest nodal center as per their convenience for assistance.
Can I ask for a refund on the submitted application fee?
No. The application fee submitted once will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Can I apply for University of Calicut B.Ed admission 2023 through offline mode?
No. The University of Calicut B.Ed application form will only be released online. No provision for filling or submitting the application through offline mode will be provided.