The candidates who want to take admission into B.Ed. course in the colleges/ institutes in the state of Uttar Pradesh need to clear the UP B.Ed. JEE 2023. Interested candidates who want to take admission need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. It is being expected that the application process may begin from February 2023. Students from outside of Uttar Pradesh can also apply. However, they will not get the benefits of reservation. All the important details related to the UP B.Ed. JEE 2023 examination are provided in this article.
UP B.Ed. JEE 2023 Important Dates
The official Schedule for UP B.Ed. JEE 2023 Admission process is given below
|Date of official notification||February 2023|
|Starting of Online application form submission||February, 2023|
|Last date to apply online||March 2023
|Last date of application fee payment along with the late fees||March 2023|
|Availability of E-Admit card||May 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||May 2023|
|Declaration of result||May 2023|
|Starting of the online counseling||June 2023|
|Commencement of the classes||June 2023|
UP B.Ed. JEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates looking to appear for the exam must make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria mentioned below.
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s and/ or master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Humanity with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Those with B.E/ B.Tech with a specialization in Science and Mathematics with at least 55% marks are also eligible.
- Please note that the candidates who belong to SC/ ST categories just need passing marks in the qualifying exam.
- For B.Ed Shiksha Shastri, a pass in 3-year Shastri degree exam or any other bachelor’s degree with Sanskrit as a subject from a recognized university is required.
UP B.Ed. JEE 2023 Application Form
The application form of UP B.Ed. JEE 2023 examination will release in online mode only. Those who are interested in applying need to visit the official website of Lucknow University i.e. www.lkouniv.ac.in. The complete application process is explained below.
- To start the application process, candidates need to register themselves on the official website.
- At the time of registration, candidates will be asked to provide their basic details like name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, email, mobile number, etc.
- To verify the phone number and email address provided system will send an OTP to the mobile number of the applicant. The candidates have to verify by entering the same.
- Once registered, candidates will be able to access the main application form.
- In the main application form, aspirants have to enter their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- In addition to the details, candidates also need to upload the scanned images of the following documents in the application form.
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Index finger impression (both) of the candidate
- A Valid Identity proof
- Community certificate (for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates)
- EWS certificate, if applicable
- Along with the application form, aspirants are also required to pay the necessary application fee.
- After successful submission of the application form, candidates must take a printout of the same and keep it safe for future references.
The application fees are different for the candidates of various categories as explained below.
- General/ OBC candidates of the UP state: Rs. 1500/- (Rs. 2000/- with the late fee)
- SC/ ST candidates of the UP state: Rs. 750/- (Rs. 1000/- with the late fee)
- Other state candidates: Rs. 1500/- (Rs. 2000/- with the late fee)
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online using a credit card/ debit card or internet banking.
Note: A transaction ID will be generated after the application fee payment. Candidates should keep this transaction ID safe for future requirements.
UP B.Ed. JEE 2023 Exam Pattern
The pattern of UP B.Ed. JEE 2023 entrance test is explained below.
- Mode of examination: Offline (OMR Sheet based examination)
- Number of Paper: 2
- Duration of exam: 3 hours for each paper
- Maximum Marks: 200 for each paper
- Number of questions: 100 for each paper
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Marking Pattern: Each question will carry 2 marks
- Negative marking: 1/3rd of the marks will be deducted in case of every incorrect answer
Subject wise pattern of paper I
|Subjects||Number of questions||Total marks|
|Language (Hindi or English)||100||200|
|Total||200 questions||400 marks|
Subject-wise pattern of paper II
|Subjects||Number of questions||Total marks|
|General Aptitude test||100||200|
|Subject specific topics (Science/ Commerce/ Arts/ Agriculture)||100||200|
|Total||200 questions||400 marks|
UP B.Ed. JEE 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card of the UP B.Ed. JEE 2023 entrance test will be released 7 days before the entrance test.
- The admit card will be made available in online mode through the official website.
- All the candidates have to download and take at least 2 printouts of the admit card.
- After downloading the admit card, it is compulsory for the applicants to paste their photographs on the same.
- On the admit card, candidates also need to get the signature of parents and index finger impressions.
- While reporting the examination center, it is mandatory for every applicant to carry the admit card. Else, they will not be allowed to take the entrance exam.
UP B.Ed. JEE 2023 Result
- Soon after conducting the exam, authorities will declare the result in online mode.
- To check the result, candidates have to visit the official website and provide their registration details.
- Along with the result, a merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared based on the marks in the entrance test.
- Only those candidates will be allowed to participate in the counseling process who will get their names in the merit list.
Counselling and Admission
Complete details about the counseling process will be made available through the university website after the result declaration.
- During the counseling process, aspirants will be asked to provide the choice of colleges as per their preference.
- The university will allot the seats on the basis of merit list and choice filled during the counseling.
- Those candidates who will get selected for admission need to visit the allotted college and complete the rest of the admission formalities.
- While visiting the allotted colleges, candidates must carry their original documents.
- The admission will be finalized only after the verification of documents and payment of admission fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Why should I take two printouts of the downloaded admit card?
Answer: The candidates must take at least two printouts of the downloaded admit card because one copy of the same will be kept by the examination center.
Question – 2: Can I get the UP B.Ed. JEE 2023 application form in offline mode?
Answer: No, all the candidates are required to fill and submit the application form in online mode only.
Question – 3: I do not belong to the state of Uttar Pradesh. Can I apply for the UP B.Ed. JEE 2023 examination?
Answer: Yes, the students from outside of Uttar Pradesh can also apply. However, they will not get any benefit of the reservation.
Question – 4: Can I get the admit card for the entrance exam by post?
Answer: No, the authorities will not send admit card to any candidate by post, courier, or email. The admit card of all the candidates will be uploaded on the official website of Lucknow University only.
Question – 5: I will appear for the final year exam of graduation in the year 2023. Can I apply for this entrance exam?
Answer: Yes, the students who will appear for the qualifying exam in the year 2023 are also eligible.