An entrance exam will be conducted by the Jamia Millia Islamia University to shortlist the candidates for admission into its B.Ed degree programme. Candidates interested to pursue their B.Ed course from this university can apply for the same through online mode. The entrance test is expected to be held in the month of June 2022. It is suggested that the candidates verify their eligibility before applying for the entrance exam. Complete details related to the JMI B.Ed Admission 2022 such as application process, admit card, entrance exam, etc is provided in this article.
JMI B.Ed Admission 2022 Main Highlights
- Medium of instruction for the B.Ed degree programme (Hindi, English or Urdu) must be selected by the candidates during filling the application form.
- The mode of application will be completely online and there is no need to send the hard copy of the documents to the university.
- Candidates without an admit card and a valid identity proof will not be allowed to appear for the entrance test.
- Those who fail to get their documents or eligibility verified will be debarred from final admission.
- Answer key of the entrance test will also be uploaded on the university’s website few days after the exam.
- No request for revaluation or rechecking of the answers will be entertained under any circumstances.
JMI B.Ed Admission 2022 Important Dates
In the table below, the important dates (tentative) related to the JMI B.Ed Entrance Test 2022 is provided.
|Release of online application form||Yet to be notified|
|Last date for application form submission||Yet to be notified|
|Availability of admit card||Yet to be notified|
|Date of entrance test||Yet to be notified|
|Declaration of result||Yet to be notified|
|Commencement of counseling process||Yet to be notified|
|Beginning of classes||Yet to be notified|
JMI B.Ed Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates applying for JMI B.Ed Admission 2022:
- A bachelor’s degree in the school teaching subject with not less than 50% marks is required.
- Those with a bachelor’s degree in school teaching subject with not less than 45% marks and at least 50% marks in master’s degree exam in the same subject are eligible too.
- For teaching Commerce, applicants must possess a Master’s Degree in Commerce with at least 50% marks.
- The main teaching subject in which the candidate is applying should have been studied in all years/ semesters. Apart from this, at least two other subjects from the same group must also have been studied in graduation
- A candidate must have passed at least two teaching subjects up to graduation/ post graduation level. However, a compulsory subject like General Urdu/ General English/ Compulsory Hindi will not be accepted as teaching subjects.
- Applied disciplines such as Mathematical Physics, Electronics, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Bio chemistry, B.Sc (H) Nautical Science, Molecular Biology, B.Tech in any stream etc. will not be considered as a school teaching subject.
- Teaching subjects must have been counted in awarding the grades at the graduation level.
B.Ed. (Hindi/English) Medium
|Subject group||Teaching subject|
B.Ed. (Urdu) Medium
|Subject group||Teaching subject|
JMI B.Ed 2022 Application Form
The link to fill the application form for JMI B.Ed Admission 2022 will be made available on the official website of the university www.jmicoe.in. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria as mentioned above can proceed towards filling the application form.
- Basic personal, educational and other details of the candidates such as name, gender, category, year of passing, marks obtained, etc will be asked in the form.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should also be uploaded into the application form.
- Candidates, after providing all the details into the application form, can submit it along with the application fee.
- The candidates can make payment of the application fee using debit card, credit card or net banking.
- Care should be taken to only enter correct details or else the application form might get rejected.
- After submission, a printout of the filled-in application form should be taken in case of future correspondence.
JMI B.Ed 2022 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of JMI B.Ed 2022 exam pattern is provided below:
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Total marks: 170
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Number of questions: 170
- Medium of test: English (except for the paper of any specific language)
- Marking scheme: For each right answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative marking: Marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|General Ability Test (General Intelligence, General Awareness and Teaching Aptitude)||75||75|
|Language Proficiency Test in the language opted as medium of instruction||35||35|
|Subject Comprehension Test||60||60|
JMI B.Ed 2022 Admit Card
- Candidates with successful registration will be able to download their admit card from the official website.
- Intimation regarding the release of admit card will also be sent to the candidates on their registered email id/ phone number.
- The applicants should take a printout of the admit card, affix a photograph in the given space and carry it with them on the day of exam.
- Apart from the admit card, a valid photo identity proof should also be carried while reporting to the exam center.
- To keep safe from loss or damage, it is suggested that the candidates take multiple copies of the admit card.
JMI B.Ed 2022 Result & Admission
- The result of the entrance test will be tentatively announced in the month of July 2022 on the official website.
- On the basis of marks scored by the candidates in the entrance test, a merit list will be prepared and uploaded on the university’s website.
- An admission list with the schedule and other details related to the admission will also be released.
- Qualified candidates must check the list carefully and complete the admission formalities right on time.