The School of will invite the application form for admission to its school of open learning (SOL). Through DU SOL 2022, the candidates can admission to different UG and PG degree courses like BA, B.Com, M.A. etc. The candidates can take admission in online or offline mode depending upon course. 50% of the total seats in postgraduate courses are reserved for the students of Delhi University. The university will conduct the entrance exams and group discussion/ personal interview for the rest of the 50% seats.
Before enrolling for the admission to any course, the candidates are requested to check the eligibility criteria very carefully because the fees once submitted will not be refunded. It is expected that the application procedure for the UG courses will start from the month of August 2022.
- 50% percent of the total seats in PG course are reserved for the students of Delhi University.
- The admission to all the seats in the UG courses will be given on the basis of class 12th
- The candidate should take extensive care while filling the application form. Incomplete or incorrect applications will be summarily rejected.
- All the candidates should properly check the eligibility criteria before submitting the application form.
- The entrance exam for PG courses will be conducted by the different departments of DU. The candidates need to contact the respective department in case of discrepancy with the entrance exam.
Here are the courses available under DU SOL 2022.
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) English
- Bachelor of Arts Programme
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons)
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Arts (Sanskrit)
- Master of Arts (Political Science)
- Master of Arts (History)
- Master of Arts (Hindi)
Note: All the PG courses are offered in semester mode.
DU SOL 2022 Important Dates
The tentative schedule for DU SOL 2022 admission is given below:
For UG courses
|Important Events||Tentative Dates (For UG courses)|
|Starting of online application submission/ Sale of the offline application form (for PWD/ BPL/ NHE/ FSR candidates)||2nd week of August 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form (Online/ Offline)||Last week of August 2022|
|Last date for application form submission with Rs. 100/- late fee||1st week of September 2022 to 3rd week of September 2022|
|The application form submission late date with Rs. 200/- late fee||3rd week of September 2022 to 1st week of October 2022|
|Last date for change of course (allowed only once)||Last week of October 2022|
|Issuance of ID card||Last week of October 2022|
For PG Courses
|Important Events||Tentative Dates (For UG courses)|
|Availability of application form||August 2022|
|Last date of application form submission||September 2022|
|Issuance of ID card||September 2022|
DU SOL 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for all the courses are given below:
B.A (Hons) English
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with at least 65% (58.5% for OBC and 61.75% marks for PWD candidates) in aggregate and in English elective/ Functional English subject.
- In case the candidates have English core subject in place of English Elective/ Functional English subject then he/ she must have at least 75% marks (67.5% for OBC and 61.75% marks of PWD candidates
- SC/ST candidates just need a pass in 10+2 or equivalent exam with English as a subject.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with at least 55% marks (49.5% for OBC candidates and 52.25% marks for PWD candidates)
- In case the candidates have passed the 10+2 exam with vocational stream then they must have at least 60% marks (54% for OBC candidates)
- The SC/ST candidates just need a pass in the 10+2 or equivalent exam.
B.A (Hons.) Political science
- The candidates should have cleared the 10+2 or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks (45% for OBC and 47.5% for PWD candidates). Additionally, the candidates must have passed 10+2 with one language and 3 academic subjects.
- SC/ST candidates must pass 10+2 or equivalent exam with one language and 3 academic subjects.
BA programme/ B.Com
- The aspirants must pass 10+2 or equivalent exam with at least 40% marks (36% for OBC and 38% for PWD candidates). Just passing marks are required for the SC/ST candidates.
- The candidates must have BA (Hons) degree with at least 55 % marks (50% marks for the Delhi University students.
- The B.Com/ B.Sc degree holders can also apply if they have at least 60% marks.
M.A (Political Science)
- The candidate must possess a BA (Hons) political science degree with a minimum of 55% marks (50% from the students of Delhi University)
- The aspirants with B.Com/ B.Sc degree can also apply in case they have 75% marks (70% for DU students)
- The candidates must have a B.A degree with relevant subjects and at least 40% marks
DU SOL 2022 Application Form
The enrollment cum admission form of DU SOL 2022 will available online on the official website of the university. Please note that application form for all the UG courses will be available only in online mode. However, the facility of offline application form is also available for NHE, PWD and FSR student.
- To fill the application form, the candidates have to register on the official portal of the Delhi university i.e. sol.du.ac.in.
- After registration, the candidates need to provide all the educational and personal details in the application form.
- The candidates should provide only authentic details because the incorrect details can also result in the rejection of the application form.
- In the application form, the candidates have to upload the scanned images of the following documents.
- Recent Photograph and signature
- Self-attested copy of class 10th mark sheet
- Self-attested copy of the class 12th mark sheet.
- Category certificate
- Migration certificate (if passed 10+2 from other states)
- Any other certificate proving the claim of reservation.
- Finally, the candidates have to submit the application form along with the application fee.
The application fee for the candidates from different categories is given below:
- For General and OBC candidates: Rs. 500/- per course
- For SC/ST candidates: Rs. 250/-
Mode of payment
- For online admission, the candidates have to pay the application fee online using a credit card, debit card and internet banking.
- For offline admission, the candidates can pay the application fee via Demand draft. The DD must be drawn in favour of The Executive Director, School of Open Learning, University of Delhi, payable at New Delhi.
DU SOL 2022 Admission Procedure
- The admission to all the UG courses will be granted on the basis of class 12th or equivalent merit list.
- The university will provide admission in 50% of the total seats in Postgraduate courses only to the students of Delhi University.
- For the rest of the 50% seats in the PG courses, the university will conduct the entrance exams.
- In the entrance exam, the students from Delhi University or students from any other university can appear.
- The different departments of Delhi University will conduct the entrance exams for PG courses. So, the pattern of the exams can vary from each other.
DU SOL 2022 Admit Card
- The university will release the admit card of the entrance exam on its official website.
- The admit card will be available only for those candidates who will submit the application form before the last date.
- All the necessary details regarding the entrance exam such as date, time and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- It is compulsory for every candidate to carry the admit card at the exam center.
DU SOL 2022 Result and Admission
- The candidate can check the result of the entrance exam from the official portal of DU SOL.
- Along with the result, the university will also release the merit list of the selected candidates.
- The merit list will available separately for all the courses.
- For all UG courses, the merit list will be created on the basis of class 12th mark sheet.
- The candidates who will get their name in the merit list will be allowed to download their ID card from the official website.