A state-level entrance exam will be conducted for admission into postgraduate courses (ME/ M.Tech/ M.Pharma/ M.Arch, etc) offered by the institutes of Telangana State. The candidates who wish to appear for this exam need to submit their application forms online. The tentative date for releasing the application form is 2nd week of March 2023. The online entrance exam is likely to be held in June 2023. This article presents the complete details of the TS PGECET 2023.
TS PGECET 2023
- The vacant seats after admitting GATE/ GPAT qualified candidates will be filled with the TS PGECET qualifying candidates.
- Candidates must ensure that they choose the correct test paper for appearing in the exam and fulfill the eligibility for the same.
- The entrance exam is expected to be conducted at two regional centers- Hyderabad and Warangal.
- Only Indian national candidates belonging to the state of Telangana State/ Andhra Pradesh are eligible.
- Applicants are suggested to go through the information brochure carefully before applying for the PGECET.
TS PGECET 2023 Schdule
The official dates related to TS PGECET 2023 are given in the table below:
|Issue of notification||1st week of March 2023|
|Date of availability of online application||2nd week of March 2023|
|Last date for submission of application form||Last week of April 2023
|Last date for submission of application form with late fee||2nd week of June 2023|
|Issue of admit card||2nd week of June 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||3rd week of June 2023|
|Release of answer keys||3rd week of June 2023|
|Announcement of result||4th week of June 2023|
|Commencement of counseling process||4th week of June 2023|
TS PGECET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for TS PGECET 2023 are given below as:
- For M.Tech: The candidates should hold a BE/ B.Tech degree in relevant field with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% for reserved category candidates) in order to be eligible for admission to M.Tech degree programme.
- For M.Pharma: A degree in B.Pharma from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% for reserved category candidates) is required to be eligible.
- The candidates should satisfy the local/ non local status requirements of the Telangana State/ Andhra Pradesh.
TS PGECET 2023 Application Form
Candidates need to submit an online application form to appear for TS PGECET 2023. The first step towards this will be submission of application fee only after which the application fee can be obtained.
- The candidates need to fill the fee payment form providing basic details such as name, date of birth, category, mobile number, email address, etc.
- After that they will be redirected to payment gateway for submission of fees.
- Once the fee is submitted, they can check the status and then move forward with filling of the application form.
- Rest personal details along with academic, address and other details are required to fill into the application form.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates into scanned format should be uploaded into the form in the prescribed format.
- Duly filled application form can then be submitted online. Before final submission, the candidates can also make changes into the form by clicking the modify button.
- An application number will be generated after submission of application which must be noted for future reference.
- A printout of application form can be taken as a proof of successful submission of form and fee.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1000/- for general/ OBC candidates and Rs. 500/- for SC/ ST candidates.
- Payment of the fee can be done TS-AP online or through debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
TS PGECET 2023 Exam Pattern
A basic overview of TS PGECET 2023 exam pattern is provided here.
- Mode of exam: Computer based test
- Duration of exam: 120 minutes
- Question paper language: English
- Number of question: 120
- Type of question: Objective type
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct response
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking
TS PGECET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus in brief for the entrance exam is given below.
- Aerospace Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Flight Mechanics, Space Dynamics, Aerodynamics, Propulsion, etc
- Biomedical Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Biomedical Engineering, Electronic & Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, etc
- Chemical Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Chemical Technology, etc
- Computer Science and Information Technology: Engineering Mathematics, Computer Science and Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Networks, etc
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Control Systems, Electromagnetics, etc
- Food Technology: Engineering Mathematics, Food Chemistry and Nutrition, Food Microbiology & Bio-Technology, Food Engineering, Food Quality & Standards, etc
- Instrumentation Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Optical, Analytical & Biomedical Instrumentation, Instrumentation Engineering, Signals & Systems, etc
- Metallurgical Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Metallurgical Engineering, Manufacturing Processes, Thermodynamics and Rate Processes, etc
- Electrical Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Power Electronics and Drives, etc
- Nanotechnology: Engineering Mechanics & Strength of Material, Elements of Material Science, Metallurgical Thermodynamics, Advanced Material Science, etc
- Textile Technology: Engineering Mathematics, General Textile Technology, Yarn Manufacture, Fabric Manufacture, Apparel Technology, etc
- Architecture and Planning: City Planning, Development of Contemporary Architecture, Materials & Structural System, Infrastructure, Services & Amenities, etc
- Bio-Technology: Engineering Mathematics, Process Biotechnology, Bioprocess Engineering, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, etc
- Civil Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Water Resources & Environmental Engineering, Transportation & Geomatics Engineering, etc
- Environmental Management: Elementary Mathematics, Computer Science, Pollution Control Engineering, Environmental Chemistry, etc
- Geo-Engineering and Geo-Informatics: Engineering Mathematics, Engineering properties of rocks and soils, Mechanism of rock deformation, etc
- Mechanical Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Applied Mechanics & Design, Fluid Mechanics & Thermal Science, Materials, Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering, etc
- Mining Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Mine Development and Surveying, Geomechanics and Ground Control, Mining Methods and Machinery, etc
- Pharmacy: Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Microbiology & Biotechnology, Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics, etc
TS PGECET 2023 Admit Card
- Hall ticket for the entrance test will be made available on the official website www.pgecet.tsche.ac.in.
- To download the admit card, the candidates will have to provide their registration number, date of birth and select the exam paper.
- The candidates should carry a hard copy of the admit card while reporting to the exam center.
- Entry into the exam hall will only be granted to those with a valid admit card and identity proof.
TS PGECET 2023 Result
- Few weeks after the commencement of examination, the authorities will announce the result online.
- The result can be checked online by visiting the official website and he candidates will also be able to download their rank card.
- Details like PGECET hall ticket number, registration number and date of birth will be required to download the rank card.
- After declaration of the result, the shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the counseling round.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Can GATE/ GPAT qualified candidates apply for admission to the post graduate courses?
Answer: Yes, the candidates can apply for admissions on the basis of their GATE/ GPAT rank. A separate notification will be issued for registration of admission for such candidates. Such candidates will be exempted from appearing in the entrance test.
Question 2: Does the conducting authority send the admit card or rank card through post?
Answer: No. the application form, admit card, result, rank card, etc will only be available online. There is no provision of availability or submission of any document through any other mode.
Question 3: How can I reach TS PGECET helpdesk?
Answer: For any enquiry related to the TS PGECET, the candidates can reach the helpdesk through phone or email as mentioned below.
Contact no: 040 27097124
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org