BIRAC will invite applications for the post of “SPARSH” Social innovator (Sparsh Fellow) across its 14 centers in India. The candidates selected for this fellowship/ scholarship will get a monthly stipend of Rs. 50000/-. Plus, Rs. 5 lakhs as a mini kick start grant. The aim of the BIRAC Social Innovation Fellowship 2022 is to create a pool of smart social innovation fellows in the field of biomedical technologies. Those who are looking to apply for this fellowship need to submit an online application form. The duration of the BIRAC SPARSH Fellowship 2022 is 18 months which cannot be extended further. Go through the complete post to get detailed information on BIRAC Social Innovation Sparsh Scholarship.
Benefits of BIRAC Social Innovation Sparsh Fellowship 2022
Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why the BIRAC Sparsh Fellowship is considered one of the finest scholarships in India.
- The selected candidates will get a fully Funded Fellowship with a Monthly stipend of Rs. 50000/-.
- After completing the 18 months fellowship, the candidates will get a one-time mini-kick start grant of Rs. 5 Lakhs each.
- Candidates will also get access to BIRAC network of Mentors and Investors.
- Progressive and continuous mentoring by SPARSH Knowledge and 14 SPARSH centres.
- Opportunities to seek funding on completion of the fellowship.
|Name of the Scholarship||BIRAC Social Innovation Fellowship – SPARSH Fellowship 2022|
|Fellowship Amount||Rs. 500000/- per month|
|Duration of Fellowship||18 months|
|Age limit||35 years|
|Education Qualification||Any of B.Tech, BE, MBBS, MSc, MS, M.Tech, M.Phil, MD, Ph.D. in relevant field|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Deadline||February 2022|
BIRAC SPARSH Scholarship 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to be fulfilled in order to be eligible for the fellowship are as follows.
- Only Indian Candidates are eligible for this scholarship.
- The age of an applicant should not exceed 35 years.
- The aspiring candidates must have a UG (B.Tech, B.E, MBBS), PG (M.Sc, MS, M.Tech, M.Phil, M.D) or Ph.D. degree in the field of life sciences, Agriculture, Engineering, Medicine & human biology.
How to apply?
Interested candidates can get the BIRAC Sparsh Innovation Fellowship Application Form 2022 in online mode.
- To start the application process, candidates are required to register by providing some of their basic details.
- Please note that the details provided in the application form should be correct otherwise the candidature may get rejected.
- While filling the form, candidates have to choose the BIRAC Sparsh Center as per their preference.
- Make sure you submit the application form before the last date. Otherwise, applications will not be accepted.
- Please note that there is no application fee for this fellowship.
BIRAC Sparsh Innovation Fellowship 2022 Selection Process
- The application forms submitted by the candidates will be sorted as per the SPARSH centre selected by them while filling the form.
- The sorted applications will be sent to the respective centers for eligibility checks and further evaluation/ shortlisting.
- Applicants shortlisted after evaluation will then be called for an Interview/ presentation at the respective SPARSH Center before an Expert Committee. This committee also involves BIRAC representatives.
- Finally, the selected candidates have to sign an agreement with SPARSH Centre.
Tentative List of SPARSH Centres across India
- Foundation for Innovation and Technology Transfer, New Delhi
- KIIT Technology Business Incubator Bhubaneshwar
- FIRST – IIT Kanpur
- Healthcare Technology Innovation Center, Chennai
- Entrepreneurship development center, Pune
- C-CAMP Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms, Bangalore
- IIM Calcutta Innovation Park, Kolkata
- IIITM-K, Trivandrum
- SCTIMST-TIMED, Trivandrum
- PSG-STEP, Coimbatore
- Yenepoya Foundation for Technology Incubation, Mangalore
- Atal Incubation Centre, Hyderabad
- Villgro Innovations Foundation, Chennai
- Villgro Innovations Foundation, Chennai
Contact Details of BIRAC
- Address: Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) – 1st Floor, MTNL Building ,9 , CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003 (Next to Scope Complex, Infront of Gate no. 13, JLN Stadium)
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Phone Number: + 91-11-24389600
- Fax: + 91-11-24389611