TS PGECET is conducted by Osmania University on behalf of TSCHE for admissions in various PG courses such as ME/M.Tech/M.Pharma/M.Arch & Graduate level Pharma. Only eligible candidates will be allowed to take the exam. Candidates will need to check their eligibility for applying for the exam. In this article, we’ll make them familiar with the TS PGECET Syllabus so that they can prepare according to it. Syllabus plays a pivotal role in getting an edge over competitors hence, candidates should study accordingly. They are advised to strictly stick to the syllabus in order to crack the entrance exam.
TS PGECET Syllabus
Here we are providing the TS PGECET Syllabus in a comprehensive way; candidates should note it down somewhere as a footnote. The syllabus is crafted according to the course; candidates can seek their respective course & its syllabus by simply scrolling down.
Architecture & Planning (AR)
- Major topics : Landscape Design, Computer-Aided Design, City planning Housing, Environmental Studies in Building Science, Building Construction & Management, Materials & Structural Systems, Planning Theory, Techniques of Planning, Traffic & Transportation Planning, Visual & Urban Design, History of Architecture, Development of Contemporary Architecture, Building Services, Infrastructure, Services & Amenities and Development Administration & Management.
Aerospace Engineering (AS)
- Engineering Mathematics: Calculus, Differential Calculus, and Numerical methods, Linear Algebra.
- Flight Mechanics: Static stability and Dynamic stability, Atmosphere, Airplane Performance.
- Space Dynamics: Determination of trajectory, Central force motion and orbital period in simple cases and Orbit transfer.
- Aerodynamics: Basic Fluid Mechanics, Airfoils and wings, Viscous Flows, Compressible Flows, Wind Tunnel Testing, Flight Vehicle Structures, Structural Dynamics, Stress and Strain, Propulsion, Turbomachinery and Aerothermodynamics of non-rotating propulsion components.
Biomedical Engineering (BM)
- Engineering Mathematics: Composite Functions, Differential and Integral Calculus, Partial and Total Differentials, Matrices and Determinants, Rank, Cramer’s Rule, Differential Equations, Homogeneous and Non Homogeneous, Power Series, Systems of Linear Equations, Theory of Complex Variables, Cauchy-Riemann Equations, Cauchy’s Residue Theorem, Singular Points, Evaluation of Residues, Probability, Conditional Probability, Probability Density Function, Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation, Random Variables, Uniform, Normal, Exponential, Poisson and Binomial Distributions.
- Biomedical Engineering: Medical Instrumentation and Equipment, Biomechanics and Biomaterials, Biomedical Signal Processing and Imaging, Bioelectricity, Biological Control Systems.
- Electronic Engineering: Pulse and Digital Circuits, Signals and Systems, Electronic Devices and Circuits.
- Electrical Engineering: First and Second-Order Circuits, RL, RC and RLC Circuits, Laplace-Transform Method of Solution, Network Theorems, Topological Description of a Network, KVL, KCL, Mesh and Nodal Analysis, Electrical Machines, Three Phase, and Single Phase Induction Motors Principles Control Systems.
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering: Dynamo Meter and Induction Type Instruments. Measurement of Voltage, Current, Power, Energy and Power Factor, Bridges and Potentiometers, PMMC, Instrument Transformers, Digital Voltmeters and Multimeters, Phase, Time and Frequency Measurement, Transducers.
Chemical Engineering (CH)
- Engineering Mathematics: Complex variables, Linear Algebra, Calculus, Probability & Statistics, Differential Calculus, and Numerical Methods.
- Chemical Engineering: Heat Transfer, Mass Transfer, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Fluid Mechanics & Mechanical Operations, Process Calculations & Thermodynamics, Instrumentation & Process Control, Plant Design and Economics, and Chemical Technology.
- Engineering Mathematics: Differential equations, Linear Algebra, Calculus, Probability & Statistics and Numerical Methods.
- Biotechnology: Plant & Animal Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology & Genetics, Process Biotechnology, Bioprocess Engineering, Characteristics of animal cells, Immunology, Recombinant DNA Technology, and Bioinformatics.
Check Here- TS PGECET exam pattern
Computer Science & Information Technology (CS)
- Engineering Mathematics: Calculus, Discrete Mathematics, Linear Algebra, and Probability.
- Computer Science and Information Technology: Programming & Data Structures, Computer Organization & Architecture, Digital Logic, Algorithms, Compiler Design, Operating System, Theory of Computation, Databases and Software Engineering.
Civil Engineering (CE)
- Engineering Mathematics: Differential equations, Linear Algebra, Calculus, Complex Variables, Probability & Statistics, Numerical Methods, and Engineering Mechanics.
- Structural Engineering: Structural Analysis, Solid Mechanics, Concrete Structures and Steel Structures.
- Geotechnical Engineering & Environmental Engineering: Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering.
- Water Resources Engineering Transportation Engineering: Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulics, Hydrology, Irrigation, Water requirements, Air Pollution, Municipal Solid Wastes, Noise Pollution, Highway Planning, Traffic Engineering, and Surveying.
Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC)
- Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Complex variables, Calculus, Differential equations, Probability & Statistics, and Numerical Methods.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: Networks, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, Electronic Devices, Signals and Systems, Control Systems, Communications, and Electromagnetics.
Environmental Management (EM)
- Geospatial technology, Ecology & Environment, Pollution Control Engineering, Elementary Mathematics, Statistics & Computer Science, Microbiology, Environmental Chemistry, Fundamentals of Surface hydrology and Fundamentals of Groundwater hydrology.
Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Complex Variables, Transforms, Probability & Statistics, and Numerical Methods.
- Electrical Engineering: Electric Circuits & Fields, Electrical Machines, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical & Electronic Measurements, Analog & Digital Electronics, Power Electronics & Drives, and Utilization.
Food Technology (FT)
- Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Probability & Statistics and Numerical Methods.
- Food chemistry: Carbohydrates-Structure & functional properties of mono, cellulose, pectic substances and dietary fiber, etc.
- Nutrition: Essential amino acids, Balanced diet, Fatty acids, Role of minerals in nutrition, etc.
- Food microbiology: Characteristics of microorganisms-Morphology, Spores, and vegetative cells, Growth, and death kinetics, etc.
- Biotechnology: Fermented food-Buttermilk, Cheese, Yoghurt, Sausage, etc.
- Food Technology: Cereals, pulses and oilseed, Fruits, vegetables and plantation crops, etc.
- Food Engineering: Food Quality & Standards and Fluid mechanics etc.
Geo-Engineering & Geo-Informatics (GG)
- Engineering Mathematics: Complex Variables, Linear Algebra, Calculus, and Probability & Statistics.
- Geo-Engineering & Geo-Informatics: Continents Earth composition, Rocks, Kinds of rocks, surveying methods, etc.
- Programming in C:variables, data types, expressions, control structures, arrays, pointers, etc.
Instrumentation Engineering (EI)
- Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Complex variables, Probability & Statistics, and Numerical Methods.
- Instrumentation Engineering: Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Signals, Basics of Circuits & Measurement Systems, Transducers, Systems and Communications, Mechanical Measurement & Industrial Instrumentation, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Control Systems and Process Control and Analytical, Optical and Biomedical Instrumentation.
- Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Vector Calculus, Differential equations, Probability & Statistics, and Numerical Methods.
- Metallurgical Engineering: Thermodynamics & Rate Processes, Extractive Metallurgy, Physical Metallurgy, Mechanical Metallurgy, and Manufacturing Processes.
Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Complex Variables, Probability & Statistics, and Numerical Methods.
- Applied Mechanics and Design: Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Theory of Machines, Vibrations and Machine Design.
- Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences: Fluid Mechanics, Heat-Transfer, Thermodynamics, and Applications.
- Materials, Manufacturing, and Industrial Engineering: Engineering Materials, Metal Casting, Metal Forming, Joining Process, Machining & Machine Tool Operations, Metrology & Inspection, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Production Planning & Control, Inventory Control, and Operations Research.
Nano Technology (NT)
Engineering Mechanics & Strength of Material, Fluid Mechanics & Heat Transfer, Elements of Material Science, Metallurgical Thermodynamics and Advanced Material Science.
- Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry: Sources of crude drugs of natural origin & their classification, plant growth regulators, General method of extraction, etc.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry: Biochemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, and Inorganic Pharmaceuticals.
- Pharmaceutics: Physical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Microbiology & Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Technology, and Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics.
- Pharmacology:General pharmacological principle, Clinical Pharmacy, etc.
- Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: Concepts of qualitative & quantitative analysis, oxidation-reduction, Forensic pharmacy, etc.