The candidates who wish to pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate degree from the Indian Statistical Institute can apply for ISI 2022. The candidates who clear their exam will be offered admissions in the different campuses of the institute at Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore, etc. The application form for the exam has been released in online mode and the exam will be conducted in offline mode. The aspirants can get the important details related to the ISI 2022 such as exam pattern, eligibility criteria, admit card, syllabus, etc from this article.
ISI 2022 application form has been released on 1st March 2022.
The next ISI 2022 admission test will be organized on 12th March and 8th May 2022.
ISI 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates for ISI 2022 are given below. We have updated the dates based on latest notification released by the concerned authority:
|Release of online application form||1st March 2022|
|Last date for application submission||31st March 2022
|Starting of payment of application fee||1st March 2022|
|Last date for fee payment||31st March 2022|
|Issue of admit card||To be announced|
|Exam date||12th March 2022 (JRF-Computer Science) and 8th May 2022 (all other subjects)|
|Declaration of result||June 2022|
|Commencement of counseling||July 2022|
ISI 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria before they appear for the entrance exam. The eligibility requirement for different courses will be different. The ISI 2022 eligibility criteria for some courses are given below:
- Bachelor of Statistics (B Stat) (Honours) or Bachelor of Mathematics (B Math) (Honours): The aspiring candidates must have successfully completed their Higher Secondary Education (or its equivalent) with Mathematics and English as mandatory subjects.
- Master of Statistics (M Stat): The applicants must hold a 3-year Bachelor’s degree or a BE/ B Tech degree with Statistics as a subject, or a B Math degree from ISI, or a Post-Graduate Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics from ISI.
- Master of Mathematics (M Math): The candidates should have a 3-year Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, or a BE/B Tech Degree, with Mathematics as a subject, or a B Stat degree from ISI.
- Master of Science in Quantitative Economics (MS (QE)): Those who hold a Bachelor’s degree of at least 3-year duration in any discipline and have passed the 12th standard examination with Mathematics as a subject are eligible.
- Master of Science in Quality Management Science (MS (QMS)): The applicant must have a three-year Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject, or a BE/ B Tech degree in any discipline.
ISI 2022 Application Form
The ISI 2022 application form has been released in online mode on the official website www.isical.ac.in. The interested candidates can register themselves for the exam providing the basic details such as name, email id, etc. After this, the candidates can proceed towards filling the application form. In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal details, education details, and other important information as asked. Scanned copies of photograph and signature will also be uploaded in the application form. The completely filled application form can then be submitted along with the required application fee.
The application fee will be Rs. 1000/- for general category candidates and Rs. 500/- for SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL/ PD category candidates. The fee payment can be done online via debit card/ credit card/ net banking or offline via SBI Challan.
ISI 2022 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of ISI exam pattern 2022 is given below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Session: 2 (Forenoon and Afternoon)
- Duration of exam: 4 hours (2 hours for forenoon session and 2 hours for afternoon session)
- Type of questions: Both multiple-choice and descriptive type questions
ISI 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of the undergraduate entrance exam will be based on the curriculum of class 11th and 12th. The candidates preparing for postgraduate entrance exam should refer to their syllabus of their qualifying exam, i.e., the subjects they have studied during their graduation.
The candidates preparing for ISI 2022 can follow certain basic preparation strategies in order to get good marks in the exam:
- Prepare a timetable. A timetable can help you in better management of time so that you can complete your syllabus in time.
- Know your syllabus and collect the study material according to it.
- While proceeding with your preparation, always keep on revising the things you have studied in the past.
- Make short notes for quick revision without turning the whole book.
- Solve as much mock test and sample papers as possible. However, make sure that you finish your syllabus first.
ISI 2022 Admit Card
The candidates will be able to get their admit card in online mode by visiting the official website. The candidates should download their admit card and take its printout. The printout of the admit card must be carried by the candidates to the exam center on the day of the exam. It is mandatory for the candidates to report to the exam center with a valid admit card or else they will not be allowed to sit in the exam.
ISI Result 2022
The result of ISI 2022 will be announced around one month after the commencement of exam. The candidates will be able to check their result from the official website of ISI by entering their registration number/ roll number and other required detail. The candidates who clear the entrance test will have to appear for the interview round. A merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared on the basis of their entrance exam score and performance in the interview.
ISI 2022 Counseling
The candidates whose named appear in the merit list will be invited to participate in the counseling process. The candidates will have to provide their choice for course and campus at the time of counseling. The seat allotment will be done according to the choices made by the candidate and their ranking.