ISI 2023 registration process is going to be commenced from 1st week of March 2023. The Indian Statistical Institute conducts an entrance test to select candidates for admission into its different courses. Selected candidates are provided enrollment into ISI located all over the country on the basis of their merit. The admission test may also be followed by an interview round. ISI 2023 entrance test. Complete details about the ISI 2023 exam has been provided here in this article.
Indian Statistical Institute (ISI 2023)
- Candidates must satisfy the said eligibility for the programme that they are applying for before filling their forms.
- By selecting a programme during application filling, the candidate is also one of the locations where the program is being offered.
- Payment of application fee can be done only after two working days from the date of completion of application at the ISI admission portal.
- The center where the candidates have to appear for the admission test will be mentioned in their admit card.
- If a student had failed in a programme of the Institute and had been asked to discontinue, he/ she is not eligible for readmission to that programme.
ISI 2023 Important Dates
The table below contains the official dates related to ISI exam 2023:
|Release of official notification||1st week o March 2023|
|Starting of registration process||1st week of May 2023|
|Last date for submission of online forms||1st week of June 2023|
|Last date for making payment of application fee||1st week of May to 1st week of June 2023|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of July 2023|
|Date of admission test||3rd week of July 2023|
|Declaration of result||4th week of July 2023|
ISI 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Check below the eligibility criteria for different programmes offered by the Indian Statistical Institute:
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Hons): A pass in class 12th exam with Maths and English as compulsory subjects is required.
- Bachelor of Statistics (Hons): Candidates who have cleared their 12th or equivalent exam with Maths and English as compulsory subjects are eligible.
- Master of Statistics: Those who have a 3-year bachelor’s degree or have done BE/ B.Tech with Statistics as a subject or B.Math from ISI or a postgraduate diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics from ISI are eligible.
- Master of Mathematics: A 3-year bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or BE/ B.Tech with Mathematics as a subject or B.Stat from ISI is required.
- Master of Science in Quantitative Economics: The applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level in order to be eligible.
- Master of Science in Quality Management Science: Candidates who hold a 3-year Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject, or a BE/ B.Tech degree in any discipline can apply.
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science: An applicant must have a three-year Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Master of Technology in Computer Science or in Cryptology and Security: A Master’s degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Electronic Science/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology or a BE/ B.Tech degree or equivalent is required.
- Master of Technology in Quality, Reliability & Operations Research: Candidates should have a Master’s Degree in Statistics with Physics and Chemistry at the 10+2 level or a Master’s Degree in Mathematics with Statistics as a subject at UG or PG level, and Physics and Chemistry at the 10+2 level or a BE/ B.Tech degree or equivalent.
Postgraduate Diploma courses:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Statistical Methods & Analytics: A 3-year Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Mathematics as a subject or a BE/B Tech degree is necessary
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Applications: The applicants with 3-year Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Mathematics as a subject can apply.
Junior Research Fellowships (JRF)
- A master’s degree in the relevant field is required to apply for the fellowship programme.
ISI 2023 Application Form
- ISI 2023 application forms will be released online on the Institute’s Admission Portal link available at www.isical.ac.in/admission.
- Interested applicants will first have to initially register themselves at the ISI Admission Portal and create a login account.
- After creating their account, they can proceed with the filling up of the application form and uploading of the photograph and signature.
- Upon completion of application process, the applicants will be directed to State Bank of India (SBI) Collect website for fee payment.
- The candidates will be successfully registered for the ISI exam after the payment of application fee is done.
- Rs. 1250/- for general category candidates
- Rs. 625/- for SC/ ST/ OBC (NCL)/ Persons with Disabilities (PwD) category candidates
- The payment can be made using Net Banking, Debit/ Credit Card or through Challan for cash payment at the SBI Branch.
ISI 2023 Exam Pattern
An overview of the ISI exam pattern has been provided below.
- Mode of exam: Offline mode
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice type and descriptive type both
- Number of sessions: 2
- Exam duration: 2 hours for each session
- Total marks: 100
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
ISI 2023 Admit Card
- After the applications are processed, the admit card to appear in the admission test along with the registration number will be generated.
- To download and take a print out of the admit card, the candidates will have to login into their account.
- Entry into the examination hall will only be granted to those having a valid admit card.
- An email regarding the availability of admit card may be send to the candidates. Still, they are suggested to check the website from time to time.
ISI 2023 Result
- The result of the admission test will be tentatively released online in the month of June 2023
- To check the result, the candidates will have to visit the official website of the ISI.
- For certain programmes, interviews might be conducted for final selection of the candidates.
- Final result of the candidates who clear all the rounds involved in the selection process will then be released again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Can you tell me what programmes are offered at what locations?
|Statistics||Kolkata, Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai|
|Mathematics||Kolkata, Delhi, Bengaluru|
|Quantitative Economics||Kolkata, Delhi|
|Computer Science||Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai|
|Quality, Reliability & Operations Research||Kolkata, Bengaluru, Delhi, Chennai|
Question 2: What are the modes for receiving admit card for ISI?
Answer: Online mode only. Other than online there are no ways through which the candidates can receive their admit card.
Question 3: What is the admission procedure for the candidates outside India?
Answer: Applicants from outside India can contact the Dean’s office at the email address email@example.com to know the details of the admission process.
2 thoughts on “ISI 2023: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria”
Can I fill this forum now I am in class 12th appearing