Candidates interested in pursuing M.Tech from SRM University must apply for the entrance exam. It is important for them to familiarize themselves with the SRMGEET exam pattern that will help them gain an insight into the overall structure of the examination. Candidates preparing for SRMJEEE PG should note that the exam will be held in the online mode where a computer will be allotted to them to mark the answers to the questions displayed on their screen.
The exam will be of 2 hours 30 minutes and questions will be framed as per the relevant degree level in which a candidate has done graduation. There will be no provision of negative marking. Therefore, candidates should attempt as many questions as they can.
SRMGEET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of SRMGEET/SRMJEEE PG will be of corresponding degree level. Candidates should prepare for the exam strictly as per the SRMGEET syllabus prescribed by the authority. To fetch positive results in the exam they should align their preparation keeping in mind the exam pattern and the syllabus. Given below is the exam pattern that the candidates must know-
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 150 minutes.
- Medium: The question paper will be set only in the English language.
- Type of Questions: There will be objective type questions. Candidates will be given four choices and they have to select only one among them.
- Total number of Questions: A total of 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be awarded for marking the correct answer
- Negative Marking: There will be no provision for negative marking.
- Ten questions will be asked from Mathematics for all PG programs except Biotechnology and Food processing.
- Questions will be framed in scholastic aptitude style.
- Candidates should reach the exam venue at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the entrance test.
- No electronic gadgets, study material, calculators etc are allowed in the exam hall. Candidates can leave those outside the hall.
- Candidates must bring the admit card to the exam hall failing which they won’t be allowed o take the test.
- Candidates must make sure that the computer system allotted to them is working fine or not. In case the system is not working, they must inform the invigilator immediately.