AILET 2023: Admission into National Law Universities across the country is given on the basis of All India Law Entrance Exam conducted by NLU Delhi. The offline exam is held in the month of May every year for which the applications are released in January. Those interested and eligible for admissions can apply for the exam through online mode. Except the entrance test, all process related to the admissions such as application, admit card, result declaration, etc will be online. This article provides complete details of the AILET 2023 exam to the aspirants.
Latest: AILET 2023 application form is all set to release on 7th September 2022.
- Candidates of foreign nationality are exempted from appearing in the AILET and can apply directly for admissions given that they have scored at least 65% marks in qualifying exam (for BA LLB course only).
- The candidates need to secure a minimum of 40% of the total marks (30% for SC/ ST candidates) in the AILET to become eligible for the admission.
- Admit card released for appearing in the entrance exam should be kept safe by the candidates till the whole process of admission is over.
- Candidates who are selected will also be intimated about the same by the University through email/ post/ phone/ fax other than posting on the official website.
- AILET previous years question papers booklet can be collected from the office of NLU, Delhi by depositing cash of Rs. 500/- or by sending a DD of Rs. 550/- in favour of ‘Registrar, National Law University, Delhi’ payable at Delhi.
AILET 2023 Exam Dates
The official dates related to AILET 2023 are provided in the table below:
|Official notification release date||7th September 2022|
|Availability of online application form||To be updated|
|Last date to submit the application form||To be updated|
|Issue of admit card||To be updated|
|Date of entrance exam||11th December 2022|
|Result announcement (for LLB courses)||To be updated|
|Result announcement (for LLM courses)||To be updated|
|Result announcement (for PhD courses)||To be updated|
|Publication of admission list for LLB course||To be updated|
|Last date to deposit the admission fee||To be updated|
|Closing of admission process||To be updated|
|Date of interview||To be updated|
|Beginning of classes||To be updated|
AILET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for AILET 2023, the candidates must meet the eligibility criteria prescribed below:
- For 5-year BA LLB (Hons.) degree programme: The applicants should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- For 1-year LLM degree programme: Candidates with LLB or an equivalent law degree scoring not less than 55% marks in aggregate can apply.
- For PhD degree programme: To be eligible for PhD degree programme, the candidates require an LLM or equivalent degree with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
- A relaxation of 5% in qualifying marks will be provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD category for LLM and PhD course.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam in the year 2023 can also apply for the entrance exam.
AILET 2023 Application Form
Candidates who wish to get enrolled into the National Law Universities can apply for AILET 2023 in online mode. The application form can be obtained from the official website of NLU Delhi www.nludelhi.ac.in.
- Candidates will first have to register themselves only after which they can fill their application form.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal, academic, contact, and other details.
- The candidates should then upload their photograph and signature in scanned format into the application form.
- After providing all the details as asked into the application form, the candidates can submit it with the prescribed application fee.
- Upon the successful submission of the form, the candidates should take its printout and keep it safe for future use.
- There is no need to send the copy of the application at the NLU Delhi as the complete process of application is online only.
- The application fee for AILET will be Rs. 3050/- for general candidates and Rs. 1050/- for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates.
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) applicants of SC/ ST category are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Payment of application fee can be done through online mode using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
AILET 2023 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of AILET 2023 exam pattern is provided below:
For BA LLB (Hons.):
- Exam mode: Offline
- Medium of exam: English
- Duration of exam: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Number of questions: 150
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 150
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for every right answer
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10||10|
AILET 2023 Admit Card
- The candidates will be able to obtain the AILET 2023 admit card from the official website of NLU Delhi.
- Using the details such as application number, date of birth, etc, the candidates will be able to download their admit card.
- Important details related to the exam like center and timing will be mentioned on the admit card.
- A printout of the admit card along should be taken and carried by the candidates with a valid identity proof to the exam center.
- Candidates reporting to the exam center without these documents will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
AILET 2023 Result
- Result of the various courses for which AILET is conducted will be declared online from the official website.
- Along with the result, the score card of the candidates will also be made available for download.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared on the basis of their marks in the entrance exam.
- The candidates will be invited to attend the counseling round as per their names in the merit list.
- For higher courses (LLM and PhD), interview of the candidates will also be conducted.
AILET 2023 Counseling
- Shortlisted candidates will have to attend the counseling/ interview as per the schedule and venue decided by the authorities.
- Candidates reporting for the counseling must carry with them all their important documents in original and photocopy.
- Documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified during the counseling and they will be allowed to provide their choice for NLUs as well.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates whose documents are verified successfully as per their choice and ranking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Will NLU Delhi send me my admit card from post?
Answer: No. The admit card to appear for the AILET exam will only be made available on the official website of the university and can be downloaded from there.
Question 2: How will I know that my application form is submitted successfully?
Answer: After payment of application fee, a confirmation mail (acknowledgment slip) will be sent to the student within 72 hours which indicates successful application submission.
Question 3: In case of any query, whom should I contact?
Answer: For any query related to application and admission, the candidates can call on 0120 4160880, 0120 4160881 or send an email at [email protected]