Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test 2023 or TS LAWCET 2023 is conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of TSCHE. The aim of this exam is to shortlist the candidates for admission into 3-Years / 5-Years LL.B. regular courses and 2 year LL.M. course in the Colleges of Law in Telangana. Interested candidates who are looking to apply for this exam need to submit the online application form before the last date. It is being notified that the application process may begin from April 2023. Aspirants are advised to check the eligibility norms carefully before submitting the form.
TS LAWCET 2023
- The application forms will release in online mode only. Authorities will not accept any offline applications
- In case a candidate has more than 44.5% marks then he/she is also eligible. Round off of up to 0.5% marks is acceptable.
- Candidates who have obtained 10+2/ bachelor’s degree/ post-graduate degree through open universities without any basic qualifications are not eligible.
- Authorities accept the application forms even after a few weeks of the last date with late fees.
- There is no provision for re-checking or re-totaling after the result declaration.
TS LAWCET 2023 Important Dates
|Date of commencement of online registration||6April 2023|
|Deadline for application without late fee||June 2023|
|Form submission deadline
with late fee 500/-
With late fee 1000/-
With late fee 2000/-
|Application form correction||July 2023|
|Admit card||July 2023
|Exam date||3–YDC LL.B. Courses– July 2023
5–YDC LL.B. Courses– July 2023
|Preliminary key||July 2023|
|Deadline for putting objection on preliminary answer key||July 2023|
|Final answer key and result||July 2023|
TS LAWCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
It is important for the candidates to know and understand the eligibility criteria of TS LAWCET 2023 before starting the application process.
Nativity and Domicile
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Applicants should also satisfy the local/unreserved status requirement as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions order, 1974.
The educational qualifications required for 3 year LLB and 5 year LLB course are different as given below.
3 years LL.B. Course
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree (in 10+2+3 pattern) from a recognized university with at least 45% aggregate marks.
- Candidates who do not have 45% marks in graduation but have a PG degree with at least 45% marks can also apply.
5 years LLB Course
- The aspirants should have passed 10+2 exam with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks from a recognized board.
Note: The candidates from SC/ ST category will get relaxation of 5% marks. So, the minimum marks required for them are 40%.
TS LAWCET 2023 Application Form
The university will make the TS LAWCET 2023 application form available in online mode only. Candidates who are looking to apply should go through the instructions mentioned below regarding the application process.
- The first step of the application process is to pay the necessary application fee. You may pay the fee online or by visiting the APOnline/ TSOnline center.
- Then, check the fee payment status and proceed to the next step if it is “Success”.
- After that, the candidates have to fill all the details in the application form.
- Please note educational, personal, and contact details entered in the application form must be accurate.
- It is compulsory to provide a qualifying exam hall ticket number in the application form.
- Along with the details, the candidates also need to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- The maximum size of the scanned photograph and signature should be 50 Kb and 30 Kb respectively.
- Finally, aspirants may submit the application form. Also, take a printout of the submitted application form for future references.
- The application and registration fee for 3 years/ 5 years LLB course is Rs. 800/-
- For SC/ST candidates, the application fee is Rs. 500/-
Mode of payment
- Candidates can pay the fee in cash by visiting the APOnline/ TSOnline center.
- Alternatively, the fee can also be paid online using a credit card/ debit card or net banking.
TS LAWCET 2023 Admit Card
- The TS LAWCET hall ticket 2023 will release in online mode only.
- Candidates have to visit the official website in order to download the admit card.
- To download an admit card, the candidates have to provide details like application number, date of birth, etc.
- A hall ticket comprises important information like date, time, and venue of the exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without having a valid admit card.
- Aspirants are advised to keep the admit card safe till the admission process gets over.
- Mode of Examination: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQs
- Number of Questions: 120
- Duration of exam: 90 minutes
- Medium of Exam: English and Telugu/ Urdu
- Marking Scheme: Every question will carry 1 mark
- Negative Marking: Not applicable.
|Parts||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part – A: General Knowledge and Mental Ability||30||30|
|Part – B: Current Affairs||30||30|
|Part – C: Aptitude for the Study of Law||60||60|
|Total||120 questions||120 marks|
Important topics that candidates should study for the exam are as follow:
Part – A: (General Knowledge and Mental Ability) – Indian History, Constitution, Culture & Heritage, Indian Polity, Current Affairs, Economy, Complex Arrangements, Coding and Decoding, Direction and Distances, Blood Relationships, Verbal Series, Data Interpretation Test, etc.
Part – B: (Current Affairs) – Polity, Economics, Scientific Discoveries and Inventions, Awards and Achievements, etc.
Part – C: (Aptitude for the Study of Law) – Public International Law, Mercantile Law, Labour Law, Crimes and Torts, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) & Other Law
TS LAWCET 2023 Result
- The result of TS LAWCET exam 2023 will release online on the official website of the university.
- To download the result, candidates need to enter their hall ticket number.
- Along with a result, the exam conducting authorities will publish rank cards.
- Candidates will get ranks on the basis of marks secured by them in the entrance exam.
- The minimum qualifying marks to clear TS LAWCET are 35% i.e. 42 marks out of 120 marks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: – 1. I am from SC category and I have 39.6% marks in class 12th. Can I apply for 5 years LLB course?
Answer: Yes, you can apply if you fulfill the rest of eligibility criteria.
Question: – 2. Is it possible to get the TS LAWCET 2023 application form in Offline mode?
Answer: No the application form will release in online mode only.
Question – 3: What if my candidature is rejected due to the non-fulfillment of eligibility criteria? Will I get my application fee back?
Answer: No, you will not get your application fee in such a situation.
Question – 4: Can I get the admit card via post or courier?
Answer: Every candidate has to download the admit card from the website only. It is not possible to get an admit card by post or courier.
Question – 5: What are the minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST candidates?
Answer: There are no minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST candidates.