Goa University is planning to organize a common written entrance examination to get the best students for MCA course. All the eligible applicants are invited to apply for Goa University MCA Entrance Exam 2023 on or before the last date of application. The application forms will be available from May 2023. The applicants have to qualify the written examination with good scores in order to get admission.
You must go through the important details of the examination such as important date, eligibility, examination pattern etc. You will get all these details here by following this article.
Goa University MCA 2023 Schedule
The dates for the important events of Goa University MCA Entrance Exam 2023 are assembled together. These are the expected dates based on last year’s date because the actual dates are yet to release by the university.
|Important Dates||Important Events|
|Application form & brochure will be available||From May 2023|
|End date to submit the application form||June 2023|
|Examination date||In June 2023|
|Release date for 1st provisional list of applicants for admission (including waiting list)||In June 2023|
|End date to pay the application fee in 1st list||In June 2023|
|Release date for 2nd provisional list of applicants for admission||In June 2023|
|End date to pay the application fee in 2nd round||In June 2023|
|Release date for final list of applicants for admission||In June 2023|
|End date to pay the application fee in final round||In June 2023|
Goa University MCA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The basic requirement to apply for the entrance exam is to satisfy the eligibility criteria decided by the Goa University. All the applicants must meet the eligibility criteria notified by the authority. These eligibility criteria is as follows-
- The applicants must have qualified Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with minimum scores of 55% (in case of reserved categories the minimum scores are 50%).
- The applicants should have studied Mathematics as a subject in Higher Secondary OR bachelor’s degree.
- The applicants appearing in the final year of his/her Bachelor’s degree can also apply for Goa University MCA Entrance Exam 2023.
- The applicants must have reached at the age of 17 years which is the minimum age to apply for the entrance examination.
Goa University MCA 2023 Application Form
The application procedure will be commenced from May 2023. The applicants can perform the procedure either through online or offline mode. For offline mode, the application form along with the information bulletin can be obtained from the office of Department of Computer Science & Technology, Goa University by paying the requisite amount of fee.
In online mode, the application forms will be available at the official website. All the applicants have to choose the course they want to apply for. The details required in the application form has to be filled correctly. The applicants need to upload the scanned images of their photograph, signature & other necessary documents. Make sure that you thoroughly read the filled details in the application form before submitting it.
An important step of the application procedure is to pay the application fee. The fee can be paid through any one of these modes- online & offline. For offline mode the payment can be paid through challan at any branch of HDFC Bank. The amount of application fee specified by the university is Rs. 1000/-.
Goa University MCA 2023 Merit List
The selection procedure to select the eligible applicants will completely be based on merit. The authority will prepare 2 lists for round I & round II to choose the best applicants for admission. The detail of the selection procedure is as follows-
- Merit List (Round I) The separate merit list will be prepare for the applicants who have completed Bachelor’s degree from Goa University and those who have passed from other Universities. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam and will be updated in the university website in descending order. The applicants will only be able to check the merit list from the website.
The shortlisted applicants through merit list have to pay the fee on or before the last date otherwise his/her selection will be cancelled. In this case the seat will be allotted to other deserving applicants shortlisted in the waiting list.
- Waiting List (Round II) This is the 2nd round to provide admission to deserving applicants. The admissions to the applicants present in waiting list will only be provided against vacancies in the merit list. The selected applicants from waiting list have to submit the necessary documents on or before the last date to avoid the cancellation of seat.
Reservation of Seats
The percentage of seats reserved for different categories will be different. The reservation will be provided as per the govt. rules & regulations. The reservation for different categories is as listed below-
- For OBC category- 27%
- For ST category- 12%
- For PH applicants- 3%
- For SC students- 2%
- For FF category- 1%
Goa University MCA 2023 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern not only tells you the No. of questions or total No. of marks assigned to the question paper. The examination pattern gives you the information more than this. The details are
- The applicants will be provided only 2 hours to complete the question paper.
- The question paper will have 90 questions having 4 choices and the applicants will have to choose the correct answer from these options.
- The marks assigned for each correct answer is 4 whereas on incorrect answer given 1 mark will be deducted from total marks scored.
- The applicants will need black ball point pen, pencil & eraser. Any kind of device or gadget such as mobile, calculator etc. will not be allowed in the examination.
- All the appearing applicants must present with their admit cards to write the examination.
- The question paper will consists of 4 sections as listed below
|Sections||No. of questions|
|General English||10 questions|
|Computer Awareness||10 questions|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||40 question|
Goa University MCA 2023 Admit Card
The admit cards will be issued at this website www.unigoa.ac.in. It is a must required document to sit in the examination. The admit card is a kind of entry pass for the examination. The admit card will have all the necessary information about the candidate that ensures your candidature. It is the responsibility of every applicant to keeps his/her admit card carefully because it will require at the end of admission procedure.
Goa University MCA 2023 Result
The date for the declaration of result is in June 2023. The university will publish the result in its official website. The examination result will notify the qualified applicants. The eligible applicants will be shortlisted from the list of qualified applicants for counseling. The applicants will get admissions as per their ranks scored in entrance examination.
Documents to carry during counseling
The document verification is an important part of counseling. This process is carried out before allotting a seat. The documents to bring at the time of counseling are given below-
- Mark sheets of 10 & 12th standard
- Photo ID proof
- Character certificate
- 4 passport size photograph
- Residential certificate
- Hard copy of application form
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of score card