Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, known earlier as West Bengal University selects candidates for admission into its postgraduate courses on the basis of entrance test. Along with the entrance test, the university might also conduct GD/ PI round for selection of the candidates. The entrance test WBUT PGET 2023 will be conducted at university level through online mode. Interested candidates can start filling the application form also through online mode, tentatively from the month of June 2023 onwards.
WBUT PGET 2023
- Only the candidates who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria should apply for the entrance exam.
- To complete the process of application, the candidates need to make payment of non-refundable application fee.
- The candidates should keep the admit card safe as it will be required at the time of counseling and admission.
- For GATE/ GPAT qualified candidates 50% of the GATE/ GPAT score will be added while calculating their marks.
- Final admission of the candidates is subject to fulfillment of eligibility and document verification.
WBUT PGET 2023 Schedule
The table below contains the tentative dates related to WBUT PGET 2023:
|Online application form availability date||June 2023, 2nd week|
|Last date for submission of application form||To be announced later|
|Issue of e-admit card||To be announced later|
|Entrance exam date||To be announced later|
|Result declaration||To be announced later|
|Beginning of counseling session||To be announced later|
WBUT PGET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wish to appear for WBUT PGET 2023 must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates of Indian nationality are eligible to apply.
- The candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture in relevant field of a recognized university.
- M.Sc candidates in appropriate branches are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants in their final year will be given provisional admission given that they meet the desired eligibility before a specified time limit.
|VLSI Design & Embedded Technology, Embedded Technology, Electronics & Communication, Mobile Communication, Telecommunication, VLSI Technology, Modern Communication||BE/ B.Tech in ECE/ AEIE/ Control & Instrumentation Engineering or M.Sc in Electronics/ Physics (with Electronics special)|
|Microelectronics & VLSI Technology||BE/ B.Tech in ECE/ CSE or M.Sc in Electronics/ Physics/ Computer Science (with Electronics special)|
|Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer System
Technology, Computer Science with Information Security
|BE/ B.Tech in CSE/ IT or M.Sc in Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Mathematics (with Computer Science Specialization) or MCA (with BCA or B.Sc with Mathematics compulsory and any of Statistics, Physics, Electronics, Computer Science)|
|Multimedia & Software Systems||BE/ B.Tech in CSE/ IT or MCA (with BCA or B.Sc with Mathematics compulsory and any of Statistics, Physics, Electronics or Computer Science)|
|Ceramic Technology||BE/ B.Tech in Ceramic Engineering/ Metallurgy or Chemical/ Material Science/ Polymer Science or M.Sc in Pure/ Physics/ Applied Physics/ Chemistry/ Material Science|
|Biotechnology, Nano Biotechnology||BE/ B.Tech In Bio-technology/ Chemical Engineering or M.Sc. in Bio-Chemistry/ Bio-Informatics/ Chemistry/ B.Pharma/ Genetic Engineering|
|Leather Technology||B.Tech in Leather Technology/ Bio-technology or M.Sc in Chemistry/ Bio-Chemistry/ Bio-Technology|
|Bio Informatics||BE/ B.Tech in Bio-Informatics/ Bio-technology/ Chemical Engineering / B.Pharma or M.Sc in Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Bio Sciences|
|Chemical Engineering||BE/ B.Tech in Chemical Engineering|
|Applied Electronics & Instrumentation||BE/ B.Tech in ICE/ ECE/ AEIE/ Instrumentation/ EE / EEE or M.Sc in Electronic Science/ Instrumentation Science|
|Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering||BE/ B.Tech in Civil Engineering|
|Power System, Electrical Device & Power System, Power Electronics and Drives, Electrical Machines and Drives||BE/ B.Tech in Electrical Engineering|
|Mechatronics Engineering||BE/ B.Tech in EE/ ECE/ IE/ AEIE/ ICE/ ME|
|Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, Heat Power Engineering||BE/ B.Tech in ME/ Production Engineering|
Eligibility of sponsored candidates:
In addition to the eligibility criteria mentioned above, the sponsored candidates must have one year experience in Polytechnic/ Engineering College/ Industry.
WBUT PGET 2023 Application Form
WBUT PGET 2023 application form will be released tentatively in the month of June 2023. Candidates can obtain and fill the application form by visiting the official website of the university www.makautwb.ac.in.
- Candidates will first have to enroll them using a valid email address, phone number and a password.
- Upon enrolment, an email and SMS containing a PGET enrolment id and password will be sent.
- The applicants can login through these credentials and start filling their application form.
- To fill the application form, the candidates are required to provide their basic personal and academic details.
- Candidates’ photograph and signature in scanned format should also be uploaded in the application form.
- A sponsored certificate from the present employer must also be uploaded in the application form, if applicable.
- After all the details are entered in the application form, it can be submitted along with the required application fee.
- A printout of the duly filled application form should be taken and kept safe in case of future reference.
- The application fee will be Rs. 600/- for general/ OBC candidates and Rs. 300/- for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates.
- Candidates can pay the application fee using the online payment gateway available on the official website.
WBUT PGET 2023 Exam Pattern
A basic overview of the WBUT PGET 2023 exam pattern is provided below.
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 50
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 50
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each right answer
WBUT PGET 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card for WBUT PGET will be released for the candidates whose applications are submitted in time.
- Applicants will be able to download their admit card from the official website using their registration details.
- Admit card along with a valid photo identity proof must be carried to the exam center on the exam day.
- Candidates without these documents will not be allowed to appear for the exam under any circumstances.
WBUT PGET 2023 Result
- The result of the PGET will be announced in online mode on the official website as per the schedule announced by the university.
- Candidates will be able to check their result and download the score card using their registration details.
- Those are declared as qualified will then have to appear for a GD/ PI round followed by counseling.
- The date and venue for the counseling will be announced on official website after declaration of the results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: How do I know which exam center I have to report to and is there any way to change the assigned exam center?
Answer: The exam center where you will be required to appear will be motioned on your admit card. The exam center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstances.
Question 2: Do GATE/ GPAT qualified candidates need to appear for the entrance test?
Answer: Yes. Every candidate desirous of getting admission into PG courses of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University need to appear for the entrance test. Due weightage will be given to valid GATE/GPAT score while preparing the merit list.
Question 3: What documents do I need to carry for verification?
Answer: Candidates need to produce the application form along with one copy of self-attested mark sheets and other certificates starting from class 10th onwards.