MUCLET 2023 is a state-level entrance exam conducted for admission of the candidates into the University of Mumbai. The exam is now replaced by MHCET-Law exam. Interested candidates can apply for the entrance exam through online mode. The entrance exam will also be held through online mode only. It is expected that the application form will release in the month of February 2023 and the exam will be conducted in April 2023. Complete details of the MUCLET 2023 admission process is provided in this article.
- Candidates desirous of admission to University of Mumbai Law College must appear for the MHCET-Law exam.
- The candidates must ensure their eligibility before applying for the admission process.
- 85% of the available seats will be reserved for the candidates of Maharashtra.
- Candidates who qualify the MHCET-Law exam need to additionally register themselves for admission to the University.
- Final admission of the candidates is subject to verification of eligibility and documents.
MUCLET 2023 Important Dates
Check out the important dates (tentative) related to MUCLET 2023:
|For 3-year LLB||For 5-year LLB*|
|Availability of online application form||March 2023, 3rd week||January 2023, 3rd week|
|Last date to fill the application form||May 2023, 1st week||March 2023, 1st week|
|Admit card release date||June 2023, 1st week||March 2023, last week|
|Date of entrance exam||June 2023, last week||April 2023, 2nd week|
|Declaration of result||July 2023, 2nd week||April 2023, last week|
|Commencement of counseling round||July 2023, 3rd week||May 2023, 3rd week|
* At University of Mumbai, only 5-year LLB course is offered.
MUCLET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for MUCLET 2023 are provided below.
Maharashtra state candidature:
- Type A: Candidates who is either Domicile of Maharashtra or is born in Maharashtra given that the candidate has passed SSC and HSC from the State
- Type B: Candidate whose Father or Mother is domiciled in the State of Maharashtra given that the candidate has passed SSC and HSC from the State
- Type C: Candidate whose Father or Mother is an employee of the Government of India or Government of India Undertaking posted and reported to duty in Maharashtra State given that the candidate has passed SSC and HSC from the State
- Type D: Candidate whose Father or Mother is an employee or retired employee of the Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking given that the candidate has passed SSC and HSC from the State
- Type E: Candidates passing SSC and/or HSC Examination from a recognized institution located in disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area whose Mother tongue is Marathi
All India candidature
All Indian national candidates come under this category
Maharashtra domiciled Candidate belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community from within the State come under this category
J&K Migrant Candidature
- The children of citizens displaced from J&K to any part of India or from unsafe border area to a relatively safer place in J&K only from 1990 onwards due to terrorist activities
- The children of IAS, IPS or IFS officers and of staff belonging to military and paramilitary forces transferred to J&K to combat terrorist activities
- The children of staff and officers of J&K police engaged in combating terrorism
A pass in HSC exam conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, or equivalent with minimum 45% marks (42% for OBC candidates and 40% for SC/ ST candidates) is required.
MUCLET 2023 Application Form
MUCLET 2023 application form can be obtained from the official website of Maharashtra CET www.mahacet.org. Candidates will first have to register themselves after which they can start filling the application form.
- Basic details like name, phone number, email id, etc of the candidates will be asked in the registration form.
- Using the registration details, the candidates can then login to fill the application form.
- In the application form, the candidates need to provide rest personal details, academic details, etc.
- Scanned copies of photograph and signature of the candidates should also be uploaded into the application form.
- After all the details are provided into the form, it can be submitted along with the requisite application fee.
- The candidates can then take a printout of the application form. This printout should be kept safe in case of future correspondence.
Category-wise application fee for MUCLET 2023 is provided in the table below. Payment of application fee can be done online using credit card/ debit card or net banking.
|Open Category candidates of Maharashtra State, All India Candidates belonging to all Categories, and J&K Migrant Candidates||Rs. 800/-|
|Candidates belonging to SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT (A), NT-1 (B), NT-2(C), NT-3(D), OBC and SBC, SEBC* categories of Maharashtra State||Rs. 400/-|
MUCLET 2023 Exam Pattern
The basic pattern for MUCLET exam 2023 is provided below.
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Question paper language: English and Marathi
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Number of questions: 150
- Total marks: 150
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for every right answer
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking.
|Topics||Number of questions||Total marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30||30|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||40||40|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30||30|
MUCLET Syllabus 2023
The details of the MUCLET 2023 syllabus have been provided below.
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning: Questions to test candidate’s interest towards the study of Law, Legal aptitude and problem solving ability, etc
- General Knowledge with Current Affairs: History, Geography, General Science, Economics, Civics and Current Affairs of the past One Year, etc
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning: Questions to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments, completing arguments, drawing well supported conclusions, reasoning by analogy, applying principles or rules, etc
- English: Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Analogies, Idioms & Phrases, One-word Substitution, Sentence Improvement and rearrangement, Fill in the Blanks, Common Errors, Spotting Errors, Inappropriate Usage Of Words, Spelling Mistakes, English Comprehension, etc
MUCLET 2023 Admit Card
- The candidates will be able to download the MUCLET admit card from the official website www.mahacet.org.
- Candidates can login to their account using their registration details to download the admit card.
- Upon downloading, a printout of the admit card should be taken by the candidates to carry it to the exam center.
- Details of the exam center and schedule will be communicated to the candidates through the admit card.
- Candidates who fail to carry the admit card to the exam center will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
MUCLET 2023 Result
- The MUCLET 2023 result will be declared online and can be checked by visiting the candidates on the official website of MAH CET.
- Score card of the candidates will also be made available for download on the official website.
- Based on the marks scored by the candidates in the entrance exam, a merit list will be prepared.
- Counseling and other process of admission will be carried out according to the names of the candidates in the merit list.
MUCLET 2023 FAQs
Question 1: What are the admission criteria for foreign national candidates?
Answer: Foreign student or OCI/ PIO candidature candidates are exempted from appearing in the entrance exam. They can directly register for the counseling process as per the prescribed schedule.
Question 2: How do I get my exam center near to my house?
Answer: Choice for exam center can be provided at the time of application submission. In order to get your exam center nearby, you should try to submit the application as soon as possible.
Question 3: What documents should I keep ready in case I am selected for admission?
Answer: Those selected for admissions need to keep the following documents ready:
- Original Copies of Mark sheet, Passing Certificate and School & College Leaving Certificate
- Three recent passport size photographs
- Provisional Eligibility Certificate from the Mumbai University for students migrating from other Universities
- Transfer Certificate for students from other colleges affiliated to the Mumbai University
- Passport and student visa for foreign students