Candidates wishing to appear for Joint Entrance Exam Polytechnics (JEEP) must go through the Uttarakhand polytechnic exam pattern 2021 to understand the composition of the exam i.e. the marking scheme, duration of the exam, in which mode the exam will be conducted and so on. Knowing the exam pattern will help the candidates in making an effective strategy to clear the exam. The exam will be conducted in offline mode where a question booklet and OMR answer sheet will be provided to the candidates to mark the answers. The total duration of the exam will be three hours.
Uttarakhand Polytechnic Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates should go through the syllabus of the JEEP entrance exam to get an idea about the topics they need to prepare to crack the exam. The exam pattern for UK polytechnic exam is as follows-
- Mode of the examination: The exam will be held in pen and paper-based mode.
- Duration: Candidates will be given a total time of 3 hours to complete the exam.
- Total number of questions: A total of 100 questions will be asked in the test.
- Type of questions: There will be objective type questions asked in the exam. Candidates will be given four choices and they have to select only one among them as the answer to the question.
- Marking scheme: For each correct answer, candidates will be awarded 1 mark.
- Negative marking: There is no provision for negative marking i.e. no marks will be deducted in case the candidates choose the wrong answer. Therefore, they should attempt all the questions to maximize their chances of scoring better marks.
Exam pattern for different programmes
Diploma in engineering and technology
|Physics and Chemistry||50%|
Diploma in pharmacy
|Physics and Chemistry||50%|
|Biology and Mathematics||50%|
Diploma in hotel management and catering technology
|Reasoning and logical discussion||25%|
|Scientific aptitude, and English language||25%|
Modern office management and secretarial practice
|English and Hindi comprehension||30%|
|Reasoning and intelligence||35%|
PG diploma in computer application
Textile/garment and fashion design
|English and Hindi comprehension||20%|
|Reasoning and Intelligence||50%|
Diploma in engineering through lateral entry
|General engineering (electrical, electronic etc)||20%|
How to mark answers in OMR answer sheet?
Since the JEEP entrance exam will be held in offline mode, candidates will be provided with a question booklet and an OMR answer sheet. They need to break the seal of both the booklets on the instructions of the invigilator. After entering their details in the space given on the marksheet, candidates can begin their test. They need to darken the circles against the option they think would be the correct answer to the corresponding question. Four choices will be provided to the candidates and they are required to darken the bubble/option which is the correct answer. Partial marking of the bubble should be avoided at all cost. No rough work should be done on the OMR answer sheet, for such purpose candidates can utilize the space given at the back of the question booklet.