DNB CET 2020: DNB Centralized Entrance Test
For admissions into DNB postgraduate courses, Centralized Entrance Test (CET) will be conducted. Those who qualify this test will be eligible for admissions into NBE accredited hospital/ institute. Interested applicants will be able to apply for the entrance test in online mode. The entrance test will also be held in online mode, i.e. as a computer-based test. The applying candidates should ensure their eligibility for admissions before submitting their application. Candidates can get complete details related to DNB CET 2020 from this article.
The expected dates related to DNB CET 2020 are given below:
|Beginning of online registration process||May 2020, 2nd week|
|Last date for submitting online application||May 2020, last week|
|Release of admit card||To be notified|
|Date of test||June 2020, last week|
|Declaration of result||July 2020, last week|
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates applying for DNB CET:
- Candidates with MBBS degree or provisional pass certificate recognized as per Indian Medical Council Act 1956 are eligible.
- However, the candidates must also hold a permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council.
- The applicants should also have completed (or will complete before the specified date) one year of internship.
- Candidates already pursuing DNB course are not eligible to appear till the time they complete the entire course or have been discharged from the course.
The application form for DNB CET 2020 will be made available on the official website www.nbe.edu.in. Before proceeding to fill up the online application form, candidates are advised to go through the important instructions.
- At first, the candidates will have to fill a registration form for obtaining user id and password.
- Using the user id and password, applicants will be able to fill their application form.
- Basic personal and educational details of the candidates will be asked in the application.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature will also be uploaded in the form.
- Candidate should ensure that all the information entered in the application form is correct.
- After filling the form, the candidates will have to choose test cities of their choice and make application fee payment.
- After submitting the fee and the form, the candidates must take a printout of the application form for future reference.
- The total cost of application fee and information bulletin will be Rs. 4500/-.
- Payment of the fee can be done through payment gateway using a credit card/ debit card or net banking.
Correction in application form
Candidates have the option of changing the information entered in the application form till the last date of online submission. However, the data entered in the following fields will not be edited:
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Email address
- Testing City
The exam pattern for DNB CET is given as follows:
- Duration of exam: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Mode of exam: Online
- Question paper parts: 2 (Part A & Part B)
- Number of questions: 300 (Part A & B- 150 questions each)
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
- Marking scheme: +4 marks for each correct answer, -1 for each incorrect answer
|Subject||Subject Wise Weightage|
|SPM, Statistics & Biomedical Research||24|
|Dermatology & Std||6|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||24|
The syllabus for the exam shall comprise of subjects/ knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India.
DNB CET Admit Card 2020
- Admit card to appear in the exam will be sent as an email and the candidates will be able to download it using their registered email id.
- Candidates must take a printout of the admit card and carry it to the exam center.
- In the admit card, the candidates will have to affix their latest passport size photograph in the space provided
- Along with with admit card, the candidates will also have to bring a photocopy of permanent/ provisional SMC/ MCI registration and a photo id card.
- The following documents will be considered as valid identity proof- PAN Card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar Card (with photograph), e-Aadhaar card
- The test center at which candidates have to appear for the exam will be indicated in the admit card.
- No request for a change in the test center will be entertained.
DNB CET 2020 Result
- Result of the CET will be published on the official website of NBE www.nbe.edu.in.
- Candidates who obtain the specified minimum percentile shall be declared as qualified.
- The mark sheet cum result certificate of the exam can be downloaded from the website after result declaration.
- There will be no provision for re-checking or re-evaluation of the answers.
- Based on the marks secured by the candidates in the test, merit list will be prepared for counseling.
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40th percentile|
- Candidates who are declared as qualified will be invited to take part in the counseling process.
- The complete details of the counseling process will be made available on the official website.
- Counseling will be held on the basis of merit of the candidates in the entrance test.
- Seat allotment will be done on the basis of candidates’ merit and the choice provided by them during counseling.
- Applicants who have allotted a seat will have to report to the allotted institute with all important documents to complete the admission process.