The University Of Warwick provides scholarship to the candidates hoping to pursue their Doctoral degree from this university under the name Chancellor International Scholarship. The scholarship is open to all deserving candidates who meet the basic eligibility laid down for the same. The scholarship covers full payment of tuition fees and also includes a maintenance stipend. Interested candidates can apply for this scholarship in online mode till mid January 2023. Complete details of the University of Warwick Chancellor International Scholarship 2023 is provided in this article below.
Description of the Scholarship Award
The scholarship will include the following:
- Full payment of overseas tuition fees (worth up to £24,010)
- Maintenance stipend in line with UKRI rates (provisional £15,239 for full time award holders, expected to be confirmed February 2023)
The maximum length of funding will be 3.5 years. For candidates already in the first year of their study, their length of funding will be reduced accordingly.
- Since large number of application is received for this Scholarship in India, the candidates are suggested to create an application that stands out.
- Candidates are advised not to contact the college to find the details about their selection as they will be intimated via email after the result is announced.
- The scholarship team will assist the candidates with the technical difficulties but will not advise on how to answer the scholarship questions.
- Before starting the application, the candidates should contact the prospective department to discuss their project and know how it will fit with their research.
- New applicants are not required to upload any supporting documents to their scholarship application.
University Of Warwick Chancellor International Scholarship 2023 Important Deadlines
The major events and their dates related to the University of Warwick Chancellor International Scholarship 2023 are provided in the table below:
|Availability of online application||January 2023|
|Last date for application submission||January 2023|
|Last date to upload the documents||January 2023|
|Assessment of application||January to March 2023|
|Announcement of result||March 2023|
University Of Warwick Chancellor International Scholarship Eligibility Criteria 2023
The following candidates are eligible to apply for the University of Warwick Chancellor International Scholarship 2023:
- International PhD applicants in any discipline, starting their degree in Autumn 2023 can apply for the scholarship
- International students in first year of their PhD programme in any discipline can apply too.
- To apply for a scholarship, the candidate should already have applied to study the course via the Universal Admissions application system.
Before submitting application
The candidates need to answer three mandatory questions before submitting their application.
- In 300 words or less, describe how best you meet the person and preparedness descriptors. Include your academic history, skills and expertise, professional experience, and awards or publications.
- In 300 words or less, describe how best you meet the project and place descriptors. Include significance of your project, engagement with relevant literature, and the project’s fit with your proposed supervisor and department.
- In 500 words or less, provide a summary of your research proposal and your ability to complete it. Describe the general area and fundamental open problems that motivate you to pursue the topic, commenting on your academic background and suitability to conduct the research.
University of Warwick Chancellor International Scholarship Application Process 2023
The candidates can apply for University of Warwick Chancellor International Scholarship 2023 from the official website www.warwick.ac.uk. In order to be able to apply for a scholarship, you should already have applied to study the course via the Universal Admissions application system.
- Candidates will be asked to select the course for which they wish to apply for the admission.
- Into the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and academic details.
- Scanned copies of supporting documents should also be uploaded into the application form.
- You can either fill the complete application form in one go or can save partially filled form to fill it at a later stage.
- Once the application form is filled completely, the candidates can make its final submission.
- Students in their first year are also required to register two new referees into their application form.
Below given is the list of documents that need to be uploaded in the application form:
- The new applicants are not required to upload any supporting documents to their scholarship application.
First year applicants
- Two references- one academic reference and one reference from the supervisor
- New transcripts if available
Note: The documents should be converted to PDF format before uploading.
University of Warwick Chancellor International Scholarship 2023 Selection Process
- The departments will nominate their strongest applications and provide a nomination statement.
- Based on this statement, the strengths and fit of the candidate within the department will be determined.
- Decisions will be made by the faculty members and score will be provided to each shortlisted applicant.
- The Faculty Graduate Awards Committee will discuss the ranked applications and then approve the award allocations.
- All applicants will be informed of the results through email as per the specified schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Am I eligible for a scholarship offer if I haven’t received any admission offer?
Answer: No. Only the candidates with an offer of admission will be eligible to receive a scholarship offer.
Question 2: Can I make any changes in my application form after its submission?
Answer: No, once you have submitted your application, there is no possible way you will to make any changes. It is therefore suggested that you check your application thoroughly before its submission.
Question 3: Who do I contact in case I have any queries related to the scholarship program?
Answer: In case of any query, you can send an email to the Doctoral College at the following email address- [email protected]