Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) will release the official notification for IPUCET Law 2023. It is an entrance exam, based on which the university will select candidates for admission to its law degree courses. Aspiring candidates should know that the university will conduct different exams for admission to its Bachelor’s (BA.LLB & BBA.LLB) and Master’s (LLM) degree program. Interested candidates looking for admission through this exam need to submit an online application form before the last date. Complete details related to the IPUCET Law 2023 are provided in this post.
IPUCET Law 2023
- Apart from Delhi, the university will also conduct this exam in various other exam cities across India.
- To participate in the counselling process, candidates have to pay Rs. 1000/- as the counselling fees.
- The counselling for LLB course will take place online while LLM Counselling will be held in offline mode.
- It is an offline exam in which the candidates have to provide their answers on an OMR sheet.
- The entrance exam for LLB and LLM admission will be held on different dates.
- Candidates must check the eligibility criteria of LLB and LLM admission before filling the form.
IPUCET Law 2023 Important Dates
The expected schedule for IPUCET Law 2023 is given below.
|Main Activities||Tentative Dates|
|For LLB Courses||For LLM Courses|
|Availability of online application form||3rd week of February 2023||3rd week of February 2023|
|Last date to submit application form||1st week of May 2023||2nd week of April 2023|
|Releasing of Admit Card||2nd week of May 2023||3rd week of April 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||3rd week of May 2023||4th week of April 2023|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of May 2023||1st week of May 2023|
|Starting of counselling process||Last week of May 2023||1st week of May 2023|
IPUCET Law 2023 Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates should ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria given below.
- For LLB Course: The applicants must have passed the class 12th or equivalent examination with at least 50% aggregate marks. Plus, the candidate should have passed English at the 12th class level.
- For LLM Course: Candidates must possess an LLB degree from an institute recognized by the Bar Council of India or an equivalent law degree from a Foreign University with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
IPUCET Law 2023 Application Form
The application form of IPUCET LAW 2023 will release online through the official website of IP University. Interested candidates may go through the instruction below to get complete information on IPUCET Law Application process.
- To initiate the application process, the candidates first need to register on the official website i.e. www.ipu.ac.in.
- During registration, candidates need to provide their basic personal and contact details.
- After registration, aspirants can log in and fill the rest of the details.
- In addition to the details, candidates need to scan and upload their passport size photograph and signature on the application form.
- Please make sure you enter only the authentic details in an application form. Otherwise, the application may get rejected.
- After submitting the form, it is also compulsory to pay the required application fee.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form submitted for future requirements.
- The IPUCET LAW Application Fee 2023 is Rs. 1000/- (excluding processing charge and other transaction charges).
- Please note that the application fee for all the candidates is the same regardless of their categories.
- The application fee must be paid online using a credit card/ debit or internet banking.
IPUCET Law 2023 Admit Card
- The university is expected to release an admit card around 5 days before the examination date.
- To download an admit card, candidates have to enter their unique login ID and password generated during registration.
- Candidates should download the admit card and take two printouts of the same. The invigilator will keep one copy of the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
- Aspirants should keep the admit card safe until the admission process gets completed.
IPUCET Law 2023 Exam Pattern
The candidates preparing for the exam should know the exam pattern given below.
- Mode of examination: Offline (OMR sheet based examination)
- Type of Questions: Objective Type MCQ
- Number of Questions: 150
- Duration of Examination: 150 minutes
- Maximum Marks: 600
- Marking Pattern: 4 marks for every correct answer
- Negative Marking: -1 for every incorrect answer
Subject-wise exam pattern
For LLB Course
|Topics||Weightage of Marks|
|English Language and Comprehension||25%|
General Legal Awareness
Understanding and Application of Legal Principles
|Topics||Weightage of Marks|
|General Knowledge (including English Language)||20%|
|Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Commercial Law & Family Law||30%|
|Public International Law, Human Rights Law and Environment Law||30%|
|Current Trends in Law||20%|
- In the entrance exam for LLB admission, the questions will be asked from the English Language and Comprehension, General Knowledge, Reasoning, and Legal Aptitude subjects.
- Candidates need to study the following subjects for LLM entrance exam – General Knowledge (including English Language), Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Commercial Law & Family Law, Public International Law, Human Rights Law and Environment Law, Current Trends in Law
IPUCET Law 2023 Result
- The university will declare IPUCET Law Result 2023 in online mode through the official website.
- Please note that the result of LLB and LLM CET will release separately.
- To check the result, candidates have to sign-in to their account using the credentials generated during registration.
- Authorities will also prepare a merit list of the candidates successful in the entrance exam.
IPUCET Law 2023 Counselling
- Candidates who will get their names in the merit list will be allowed to participate in the counselling.
- In the counselling process, the aspirants will be asked to enter their preference of colleges.
- The seats are allotted as per the ranks of candidates and choices filled by them.
- Documents of the candidates are also verified at the time of counselling. So, it is mandatory to carry original documents for verification during counselling.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I get an offline application form from the University?
Answer: No, the university does release any offline application form.
Question – 2: What is the application fee for SC/ ST candidates?
Answer: Please note that the application fee for all the candidates is Rs. 1000/-
Question – 3: I have 49.6% marks. Can I apply for IPUCET Law 2023?
Answer: Please note that rounding off the percentage of marks is not allowed. So, you are not eligible.