Lady Tata Memorial Trust Junior Research Scholarship 2023 program is designed for the candidates with an MBBS/ M.Sc/ M.Pharma/ M.Tech degree who wish to pursue PhD degree. The scholarship is provided for the duration of 2 years and after that it becomes a subject of candidates’ performance during the research program. Interested candidates can apply for this scholarship from the month of March 2023 onwards. To select the candidates for the scholarship, the Trust will conduct an interview in the month of July 2023/ August 2023.
The scholarship prize money awarded to the selected candidates will be as follows:
- Value of award (per month): Rs. 31000/-
- Contingency grant (per annum): Rs. 30000/-
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): As HRA, 25% of the basic value of the scholarship will be offered to scholars doing research work at Universities/ Institutes/ Laboratories in the metro cities of Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad, being locations outside their place of permanent residence. Scholars from other small towns/ cities will receive HRA at the rate of 10% of the basic value of their scholarship.
Lady Tata Memorial Trust Junior Research Scholarship 2023 Important Dates
Check out the tentative details related to Lady Tata Memorial Trust Junior Research Scholarship 2023 in the table below.
|Release of application form||March 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form*||March 2023|
|Issue of call letter||June 2023|
|Date of interview||July 2023|
|Award announcement date||August 2023|
*Last date may be extended and to know the details, the applicant should contact trust office
Lady Tata Memorial Trust Junior Research Scholarship 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria discussed below can apply for Lady Tata Memorial Trust Junior Research Scholarship 2023:
- Indian national candidates are only eligible for this scholarship.
- The age of the candidate as on 31st March 2023 should not exceed 27 years.
- Applicants who have passed their MBBS/ M.Sc/ M.Pharma/ M.Tech degree in the year 2018 and 2019 can only apply for this scholarship program.
- Additionally, the candidates should have passed all the exams strictly with first class academics (60% and above) from Class X up to date.
- Applicants with GATE/ NET qualifications may be given preference.
Lady Tata Memorial Trust Junior Research Scholarship 2023 Application Process
- The candidates can apply for the scholarship program through online mode. The application form will be made available on the website www.ladytatatrust.org.
- Candidates will however have to register themselves first before they can proceed with the application filling.
- To fill the application form, the candidates are required to provide their basic personal and academic details.
- Scanned copies of important documents (mentioned below) should also be uploaded into the application form.
- Once all the details are entered into the form, the candidates can submit it online.
- Applicant will be able to save the application as many times as required before finally submission. After submission, no further changes will be allowed in the application.
- A copy of the application form along with a demand draft of prescribed application fee should also be sent at the following address- Bombay House, 2nd floor, 24, Homi Mody Street, Fort, Mumbai – 400 001.
The following documents in scanned format should be uploaded into the application form:
- A letter from applicant mentioning that he/ she has enclosed all the important documents and that has read all the important information carefully
- A letter jointly signed by the Registrar/ Director and the Head of the Department concerned stating that they have critically examined the details of the proposed research work, that they have approved of the general plan, that the university/ institute has adequate laboratory facilities and that they will provide these facilities to the applicant for his/ her research work. The letter should give the name and designation of the person who will act as Guide to the applicant.
- A letter from the Supervisor/ Research Guide, giving his/ her consent, to provide necessary guidance to the applicant and to supervise his / her research work
- A joint letter from the three Members of the Doctoral Committee agreeing to assess and submit the annual research progress reports of the work done by the Scholar as sought by the Trust
- Applicant must obtain a separate letter from the Head of the Department or the Research Guide giving comments on past research experience and on the competence of the applicant to carry out the proposed research work.
- Proof of age
- Certificate of physical fitness
- One-page Summary Information sheet
- Letter from Institute with scan of latest rent receipt for HRA claim (where applicable)
- Detailed Research Project Proposal not exceeding 10 pages
- A demand draft of Rs. 100/- as processing fee drawn in favour of the Lady Tata Memorial Trust
Lady Tata Memorial Trust Junior Research Scholarship Selection Process 2023
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview process by the end of June 2023/ July 2023 and a call letter will be sent to such candidates.
- The interview is expected to be held in the month of July or August 2023.
- Based on the performance at the interview, a list of the selected candidates will be prepared by the authorities.
- Selected scholars and their Supervisor/ Research Guide will then be intimated about the result.
- The selected scholars will be required to report to the respective Supervisor/ Research Guide immediately on announcement of the award.
Rules & Regulations
The scholarship awarded to the candidates will be governed as per the following rules as decided by the Trust:
- The selected JR Scholar must complete the formalities for PhD registration with the Trust within 9 months to 14 months from the date of joining or else the scholarship will be terminated.
- The JR Scholar will be reviewed by the ISAC for the work done in a research presentation on the completion of the first term of two years and will be then recommended for continuation from the third year as SR Scholar (SRS).
- At the end of third year when the researcher is an SRS, the scholarship will be continued into the fourth year based on the recommendations of their DC and on the comments of the ISAC in the progress report submitted.
- At the end of the fourth year the SRS will be reviewed by the ISAC of the Trust for continuation of scholarship for the fifth and final year.