ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship program funded by the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) aims to promote research opportunities in Switzerland for Indian, Australian and Singapore students. The scholarship is open to the students who have completed their 2nd year of graduation or post graduation from a recognized university of India, Singapore and Australia. In order to apply for the scholarship, the candidates need to find a host professor or mentor at a Swiss institution. In this article, complete details of the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship 2023.
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship 2023 Major Highlights
- Students, who are granted a ThinkSwiss research scholarship once, cannot apply a second time.
- The number of available research scholarships is limited to a maximum of two spots for each university.
- ThinkSwiss scholarships covers a maximum duration of three months and the duration cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- The scholarship supports research only at public universities and public research institutions and not at private higher education or research institutions.
- It is mandatory to have a bank account for the candidates as the scholarship amount will be credited into that only.
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship 2023 Important Deadlines
The important dates related to ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship 2023 are provided in the table below:
|Availability of application form||February 2023|
|Last date to apply online||February 2023|
|Declaration of result||March 2023|
|Last date for acceptance of scholarship||April 2023|
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship 2023 Eligibility Criteria
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship is one of the most demanding scholarships in India. The candidates must fulfill the criteria given below to be eligible for this scholarship:
- He/ she should be currently enrolled at an accredited institute
- Should hold a master or a bachelor degree and should have completed their 2nd year by the time the research stay in Switzerland begins
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship 2023 Application Form
- Interested candidates can apply online for ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship 2023.
Candidates will be asked
to provide their basic personal information such as name, phone number, email address, etc.
- Details about the host university, host professor, etc also need to be provided into the application.
- Important documents in scanned PDF format should be uploaded into the application form.
- Once all the details are entered into the form, it can then be submitted by the candidates.
- A copy of the application form should be kept by the candidates in case of future reference.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, each application must contain the following documents:
- A cover letter outlining research project and explaining why the candidate should be awarded the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship and why he/she would make an excellent ‘student ambassador’ in the future
- Curriculum Vitae (not more than two pages)
- A copy of current university transcripts (photocopies of official transcripts issued to the student)
- A letter of acceptance from the professor and/ or hosting institution in Switzerland (a confirmation letter on the University/ Institute letterhead from the host professor)
- A letter of recommendation from a current professor who can attest to the applicant’s abilities
- A written confirmation from a professor at a Swiss university that he/ she will accept the candidate for a research stay in his/ her group
Note: All these documents should be submitted as one PDF file.
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship 2023 Selection Process
- Candidates who submit their applications on time will be considered for the scholarship program.
- Based on the information provided into the application, candidates will be selected for granting the scholarship.
- Projects done, CGPA, publications, etc will play an important role in selection of the students.
- Those selected for the scholarship award will be notified through an email on the registered email address.
- Such candidates must revert of their acceptance of the scholarship before the last specified date or else they might lose the scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I receive the amount of the scholarship?
The whole amount of the scholarship money will be transferred into your bank account shortly after your arrival in Switzerland.
Does the scholarship cover housing and travelling expenses as well?
No. the students are responsible for their own housing and travel expenses during the time of their stay in Switzerland. In addition to this, the applicants must also make sure that they have insurance coverage for their stay in Switzerland.
Are there any language requirements?
For a research stay in Switzerland, knowledge of any language other than English is not required. However, knowledge of any Swiss national language would be helpful for the day to day communication.