Chhattisgarh Pre-Engineering Test 2023 or CG PET 2023 exam will be organized by the Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board or CG Vyapam. This exam is a gateway for admission to B.E/ B.Tech courses in various govt. and private colleges in the state of Chhattisgarh. It is an offline exam in which the aspirants have to answer 50 questions each from physics, chemistry, and Mathematics. Generally, the official notification for this exam releases in the month of March. The application process will take place in online mode only.
CG PET 2023
- It is a state-level exam to be held at various exam centers across Chhattisgarh.
- To help candidates check their marks, the board will release answer keys before the final result declaration.
- Those candidates who have a domicile certificate of Chhattisgarh can apply.
- There will be no negative marking. So, the aspirants can attempt all the questions.
- Don’t forget to carry one photo identity proof along with the admit card while reporting to the examination center.
|Starting date of online application form submission||April 2023|
|Last date to submit application form and pay the application fee||To be updated|
|Availability of the admit card||To be updated|
|Date of Examination||To be updated|
|Announcement of Result||To be updated|
CG PET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria that a candidate must fulfill in order to appear for the exam are as follows.
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen
- Aspirants should belong to the state of Chhatisgarh.
The educational qualification required for different courses is given below.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with Physics, Mathematics and any one of the following subjects – Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational.
- Aspirants should have at least 45% aggregate marks in the Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subjects (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD candidates of Chhatisgarh).
- Individual passing marks in the three qualifying subjects (Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational) are also compulsory.
BE/ B.Tech (Biotechnology)
- Aspirants should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Biology/ Mathematics as compulsory subjects and any one of the following subjects Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational.
- Candidates also need to score at least 45% aggregate marks in the qualifying subjects mentioned above. (40% for SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC candidates). Individual pass in each subject is also required.
B.Tech (Dairy Technology)
- Applicants must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and English subjects. They should also have at least 50% marks in the above subjects (40% for C/ ST / OBC (NCL) candidates).
- The minimum age of a candidate is 17 years.
CG PET 2023 Application Form
The application process of CG PET 2023 will take place online. Interested candidates may check the instructions given below in order to apply conveniently.
- To begin the application process, the candidates have to visit the official website and register.
- During registration, the candidates need to provide some of their basic details like name, email address, phone number, etc.
- Aspirants may fill the main application form after completing the registration.
- The candidates must provide their complete educational, personal and contact details in the application form.
- Apart from the details, the aspiring candidates also need to upload their photographs, signature, and thumb impression in the application form.
- It is also necessary to pay the required application fee in order to complete the application process.
- For future reference, the applicants should keep a printout of the submitted application form and fee transaction receipt.
The application fees for different categories are as follows.
- General Category: Rs. 200/-
- Other Backward Classes: Rs. 150/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates: Rs. 100/-
Mode of payment: The application fee should be paid online using a debit card/ credit card or internet banking.
CG PET Admit Card 2023
- The authorities will release admit cards 1 week prior to the examination date.
- Candidates need to provide their 15 digit registration number to download the admit card.
- The information related to the exam schedule and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall without carrying a valid admit card. Along with the admit card, candidates must also bring valid ID proof.
CG PET Exam Pattern 2023
The exam pattern of CG PET 2023 is given below.
- Mode of Examination: Offline exam (OMR Sheet based test)
- Type of Questions: Objective Type MCQ
- Number of Questions: 150 questions:
- Marking Pattern: 1 mark for each question
- Negative Marking: Not applicable
Subject-wise distribution of questions
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
Expected Examination Centers: Ambikapur, Baikunthpur, Bilaspur, Dantewada, Dhamtari, Durg, Jagdalpur, Janjgir Champa, Jashpur Nagar, Kanker, Kabirdham, Korba, Mahasamund, Rajgarh, Raipur, Rajnandgaon, Bijapur, Narayanpur, Gariyaband, Baloda Bazaar, Balod, Bemetara, Mungeli, Kondagaon, Surajpur, Balrampur, Sukma.
CG PET 2023 Syllabus
Here is the brief syllabus for CG PET 2023 exam.
Physics: Measurement, Kinematics, Force and laws of motion, Work, energy and power, Rotational motion and moment of inertia, Gravitation, Properties of solids and fluids, Heat and thermodynamics, Oscillations and waves, Waves, Light, Magnetism, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Effect of electric current ,Electromagnetic induction and alternating current, Electron, photon, and, radioactivity, Semi-conductors, etc.
Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate geometry of 2D & 3D, Vector algebra ,Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Differential equations, Statistics, Numerical methods, Information technology, etc.
Chemistry: Atomic structure, Chemical bond, Solutions, Solid state, Nuclear chemistry, Chemical equilibrium ,Ionic equilibrium, Thermo chemistry and thermodynamics, Chemical kinetics, Electrochemistry, Surface chemistry, etc.
CG PET Result 2023
- Those candidates who will appear for the CG PET 2023 exam will be able to check their result.
- Students need to login to the official portal in order to check the results.
- Apart from the result card, the board will also release the merit list based on the marks secured by the candidates.
- In the case of a tie, the aspirants with more marks in the mathematics subject will get a better merit position.
- Candidates getting their name in the merit list will be called to participate in the admission counselling.
- Authorities will organize the counselling based on the merit of CG PET examination 2023.
- In the counselling process, the candidates have to provide their preference for college and branch of engineering.
- The seats will be allotted based on rank obtained by the candidates and choice filled.
- Documents of the applicants will also be verified during the counselling.
- A candidate must carry the following documents during the counselling process.
- CG PET Mark sheet 2023
- 10th Class Mark sheet
- 12th Class Mark sheet
- Domicile certificate
- Category certificate
- Income certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Gap year certificate
- Migration certificate
- Medical certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: The CG PET 2023 will be held in online or offline mode?
Answer: The exam will take place offline mode only (Pen-paper based test)
Question: What if two candidates have same total marks and the same marks in Mathematics as well? Which candidate will get a better merit position?
Answer: In such a condition, the marks in physics will be considered.
Question: Can I request for the change in exam center?
Answer: No, the exam center once allotted cannot be changed later.