CG PET Exam Pattern will familiarize the candidates with the entire details related to the entrance exam. In this way, the exam pattern will help them in getting well-prepared for the entrance test to be conducted, in advance. Through the exam pattern, the candidates will get to know the mode and duration of exam, important subjects, etc. The knowledge of exam pattern along with exam syllabus is very important for the candidates to have in order to be exam ready.
CG PET Exam Pattern
The candidates can find the complete details related to the exam pattern of CG PET in the post below.
- Duration of exam: The total duration of the entrance test will be 180 minutes, or simply, 3 hours.
- Mode of exam: The exam will be conducted as a pen and paper-based test, or say, in offline mode.
- Subjects involved: The questions in the exam will be asked from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Total number of questions: From each subject, 50 questions will be asked in the exam. Thus, the total number of questions asked in the exam will be 150.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice (objective type) questions will be asked in the entrance exam.
- Total marks: The question paper will carry a total of 150 marks.
- Marking scheme: For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded to the candidates.
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking for the incorrect answers.
- Un-attempted questions: 0 marks will be given to the candidates for the answers not attempted. Marking more than one answer will also fetch 0 marks to the candidates.
|Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
Tips to maximize score
- Since there will be no negative marking, the candidates are free to attempt as many questions as they wish.
- However, do not want too much time on any question you don’t think you will be able to solve.
- Properly darken the bubbles or else the answers will not be read and thus no marks will be given.
- Do not panic during the exam and calmly answer all the questions that you know first. Attempt the questions you find hard at the end.
- Take care not to mark more than a single answer for any question as it can only lead to loss of marks.