Punjab ITI Admission 2023: Selection of candidates for admission to ITI colleges of Punjab is done on the basis of their merit in the qualifying exam. Interested candidates may fill their application form for admission from June 2023 onwards. Online mode will be provided to the candidates for filling and submitting the application form. Candidates must verify their eligibility before applying for the exam. Complete details related to the Punjab ITI admission 2023 process can be found from this article below.
Punjab ITI 2023 Important Dates
The table below provides the tentative dates related to Punjab ITI Admission 2023:
|Availability of online application form||1st week of June 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of June 2023|
|Publication of merit list||4th week of June 2023|
|Commencement of counseling process||4th week of June 2023|
|Reporting at the allotted institute for admissions||1st week of July 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for Punjab ITI Admission 2023
The basic eligibility to appear for Punjab ITI Admission 2023 is provided below:
|Engineering trades||Carpenter, Mason (Building Constructor) and Welder||1 year||The candidates should have cleared class 8th exam.|
|Architectural Assistant||1 year||Those with a pass in class 10th exam from a recognized board with a minimum aggregate of 40% marks in Science and Mathematics are eligible.|
|Plumber||1 year||Candidates who have passed or failed class 10th exam can apply.|
|Physiotherapy Technician||1 year||Applicants should have cleared class 10th exam from a recognized board.|
|Foundry Man Technician, Mechanic Auto Electrical & Electronics, Mechanic Diesel Engine, Mechanic (Tractor), Plastic Processing Operator, Surveyor, Mechanic Auto Body Repair and Mechanic Auto Body Painting||1 year||A pass in class 10th exam from a recognized board with Science and Mathematics or its equivalent is required.|
|Wireman and Painter General||2 year||The candidates should have cleared class 8th exam.|
|Mechanic Consumer Electronics Appliances||2 year||Applicants should have cleared class 10th exam from a recognized board.|
|Draughtsman (Civil), Draughtsman (Mechanic), Electrician, Electronic Mechanic, Fitter, Information Communication Technology System Maintenance, Instrument Mechanic, Laboratory Assistant (Chemical Plant), Machinist, Machinist (Grinder), Mechanic (Motor Vehicle), Mechanic (Refrigeration and Air Conditioner), Mechanic Machine Tools Maintenance, Mechanic Agricultural Machinery, Spinning Technician, Textile Wet Processing Technician, Tool & Die Maker (Press Tools, Jigs & Fixtures), Turner and Information Technology||2 year||A pass in class 10th exam from a recognized board with Science and Mathematics or its equivalent is required.|
|Non-engineering trades||Bakers & Confectioners, Computer Operator & Programming Assistant, Food Production (General), Sewing Technology, Computer Aided Embroidery & Designing, Dress Making, Surface Ornamentation Techniques (Embroidery), Fashion Design Technology, Front Office Assistant, Basic Cosmetology, Health Sanitary Inspector, Hospital House Keeping, Secretarial Practice (English), Stenography & Secretarial Assistant (English), Food & Beverages Guest Services Assistant, Multimedia Animation & Special Effect and House Keeper||1 year||Applicants should have cleared class 10th exam from a recognized board.|
|Fruit And Vegetables Processor, Milk & Milk Products, Agro Processing and Food Beverage||1 year||A pass in class 10th exam from a recognized board with Science and Mathematics or its equivalent is required.|
|Data Base System Assistant||1 year||The candidates should have passed their class 12th exam from a recognized board with Science and Mathematics.|
|Dental Laboratory Technician||2 year||Applicants should have cleared class 10th exam from a recognized board.|
|SCVT Trades||Punjabi Stenography||1 year||Applicants need to clear class 10th exam from a recognized board with Punjabi as a subject.|
|Cutting Sewing and Embroidery
Teacher Training Course
|1 year||A pass in class 10th or an NTC certificate of Cutting & Sewing or Dress Making or Fashion Technology or BBBT in Apparel sector under CoE scheme or NTC certificate of embroidery work or Hair & Skin Care or Fruit & Vegetable Preservation/ Fruit Processing is required.|
|Art & Craft Teacher Training||2 year||Candidate must have passed class 10th and studied Drawing/ Painting Subject in 8th class/ 10th class or 10+2 class. Those with fine art/ commercial arts in 10+2/ B.A. or M.A. class are eligible too.|
Punjab ITI 2023 Application Form
The application form for Punjab ITI Admission 2023 will be released on the official website www.punjabitis.gov.in. Those who meet the basic eligibility requirements mentioned above can proceed with the filing and submitting of the application form through online mode.
- Personal details related to the candidates such as name, category, gender, date of birth, email address, phone number, etc will be asked into the application form.
- Candidates will be required to provide the qualifying exam details such as board name, school name, passing year, marks obtained, etc in the form as well.
- Signature and photograph of the candidates also need to be uploaded into the application form in scanned format.
- The candidates can then submit the application form duly filled with correct details along with the prescribed application fee.
- After the submission is done, the candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form and keep it safe in case of any future correspondence.
- To complete the process of application, the candidates need to submit a prescribed amount of application fee.
- The application fee for Punjab ITI admission 2023 is expected to be Rs. 100/-.
- Payment of application fee can be done through online mode using the facility of debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
Preparation of Merit List
- A merit list of the candidates will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by them in the qualifying exam.
- Those candidates who submit their application form on time will be considered during the preparation of the merit list.
- After preparation, the list will be made available on the official website of Punjab ITI and can be checked by the candidates from there.
- Counseling process of the candidates will be conducted as per their names in the merit list.
Punjab ITI 2023 Counseling Process
- The candidates with names in the merit list need to attend the counseling round as per the schedule communicated to them via official website.
- Candidates will be allowed to provide their choice for trade and institute at the time of counseling.
- Reporting candidates need to carry all their documents in original as well as photocopy.
- Documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified at the time of counseling.
- After successful verification of the documents, candidates will be granted final admission.
Punjab ITI 2023 Admission Process
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their merit and choice provided by the candidates.
- Details of the allotted institute will be intimated to the candidates through the official website.
- Candidates should report to the allotted institute as per the schedule communicated to them and complete all the formalities.
- Submission of documents and payment of the fees should be done by the candidates at the time of admission.
- After all the formalities are completed, admission of the candidates will be considered as final.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Is it possible to submit the Punjab ITI application form through offline mode?
Answer: No. Only online mode will be provided to the candidates to fill and submit the application form for Punjab ITI admission.
Question 2: Do the authorities conduct any entrance exam to select candidates for Punjab ITI admission?
Answer: No entrance exam is conducted for selecting the candidates for admission to ITI colleges of Punjab. Candidates will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of qualifying exam degree.
Question 3: What if I fail to report for Punjab ITI admission on the given time period?
Answer: Those candidates who fail to report for the admissions in the given time limit will be considered as disqualified. No request from such candidates will be considered under any circumstances.
Question 4: Can I ask for refund in the submitted application fee if I don’t want to appear for the admission process?
Answer: Under no circumstances, the application fees once submitted will be refunded. The candidates are asked not to make any request regarding the same.
Question 5: What if an ineligible candidate is able to secure admission into any ITI college of Punjab?
Answer: If any candidate is able to secure admission into the ITI college of Punjab by false means, candidature of such candidates will be cancelled. Even after the admission is granted and ineligibility is discovered, candidates will not be allowed to continue their course.