CENTAC Eligibility criteria correspond to the necessary conditions that must be fulfilled by the candidates before they appear for the counselling. CENTAC conducts outselling for admission in various UG courses offered by the colleges in Pondicherry. These courses include MBBS, BAMS, BDS, BPT, B.V.Sc, A.H, B.Sc (Nursing), B.Sc (MLT), B.Tech, B.Pharm, and B.A LLB. Before candidates apply for the counselling procedure, they must fulfill the CENTAC eligibility criteria laid down by the committee. Ineligible candidates won’t be allowed to appear for the counselling.
CENTAC Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for CENTAC counselling must be met by all the applicants before they fill the application form for the same. Candidates will be able to register for CENTAC in the month of June 2022. The application form will only be available via online mode. The eligibility criteria as decided by the authority for CENTAC is as follows-
Nationality: Only Indian Nationals can apply for CENTAC counselling. French national residing in Pondicherry and are covered by the treaty of Cession can also apply.
Domicile: Candidates should be a domicile of Puducherry or their parents should be working in UT as a government servant or they have completed the qualifying examination from Puducherry.
- For UG courses such as MBBS, BDS, BAMS, B.Sc Nursing, B.V.Sc and A.H, B.Sc the minimum age of the candidates should be 17 years as on 31st December 2022.
- The upper age limit for B.V.Sc and A.H, and BPT is 25 years as on 31st December 2022.
- For B.Tech and B.Sc (Horticulture/Agriculture) the maximum age of the candidates should be 21 years as on 1st July 2022.
- Reserved category candidates can claim relaxation in age as per the rules of the Government.
- B.Tech: Candidates should have passed class 12th from a recognized board. They should have passed the exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with any one of the given subject Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Computer science by obtaining at least 45% marks.
- B.Pharma: Candidates should have completed class 12th or its equivalent from a recognized board/university. They should have passed the exam with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects with any one of the following subjects Mathematics/Biology/Biotechnology/Computer science. Candidates should have obtained a minimum 45% aggregate marks in the concerned exam.
- B.A: Candidates should have passed class 12th or its equivalent from a recognized board/university.
- B.Sc: Candidates should have passed class 12th/HSC from a recognized board with board/university.
- BAMS: Candidates should have passed class 12th with minimum 50% marks (45% for BCM/ OBC/MBC/ OPH (General & OBC)/ EBC and 40% of marks for SC/BT & OPH) in the subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English. They should also have passed in the subjects individually.
- BA LLB: Candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree program from a recognized university with at least 45% aggregate marks (40% marks for SC/ST candidates).
- MBBS: Candidates must have passed H.Sc examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (40% of marks for OBC/BCM/MBC/EBC/BT/SC candidates) in the prescribed subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Biotechnology, Botany and Zoology. They should also have studied English as one of the subjects and must have passed the above four subjects individually.