The interested candidates can submit their applications for Vidyasagar University B.Ed Admission 2023. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility requirements for the admission can obtain the form through online mode from the month of May 2023. Duly filled application form can be submitted through offline mode. There will be no entrance test conducted by the university and the admissions will be given on the basis of merit of the candidates. Complete details related to the admission process can be found here from this article.
Vidyasagar University B.Ed Admission 2023 Major Highlights
- Candidates will be shortlisted for admissions into the B.Ed programme on the basis of their merit in the qualifying exam.
- Those who wish to be considered for the admission process are suggested to submit their application form and fee in time.
- Submission of application without the important enclosures will not be accepted and no correspondence in this regard will be sent to the candidates.
- The applicants who fail to complete the formalities of the admission within the prescribed time limit will lose their candidature.
- Reservation of seats for the category candidates will be done as per the rules of the Government.
Vidyasagar University B.Ed Admission 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates for the Vidyasagar University B.Ed Admission 2023 are provided below in this table.
|Important Events||Expected Dates|
|Availability of application form||May 2023, 2nd week|
|Last date for submission of application form||To be updated|
|Release of merit list||To be updated|
|Beginning of counseling process||To be updated|
|Commencement of classes||To be updated|
Vidyasagar University B.Ed Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria given below to be considered for Vidyasagar University B.Ed Admission 2023:
- The age of the candidates should not exceed 38 years.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Science/ Social Science/ Humanities/ Life Science or equivalent with at least 50% marks from a recognized university is required.
- For those with a BE/ B.Tech degree, such candidates need to score a minimum of 55% marks in their qualifying degree.
- A relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks will be given to those belonging to the reserved categories (SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD).
- Applicants in the final year of their qualifying exam are eligible for the admissions too given that they meet the minimum requirements before the admissions.
Vidyasagar University B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The application form for Vidyasagar University B.Ed Admission 2023 will be released on the official website of the university www.vidyasagar.ac.in. Candidates should keep all the documents ready before applying for the admissions.
- Basic personal and academic details of the candidates such as name, gender, category, qualifying exam passing year, marks obtained, etc will be asked in the application form.
- Candidates will also have to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature into the application form.
- Once the details are entered into the application form, the candidates should submit the form.
- To submit the application form, the candidates should take its printout, enclose it with the important documents and sent it to the university.
- Care must be taken to not make any mistakes in the application form or else it might get rejected.
- To complete the application process successfully, it is required to submit a prescribed amount of application fee as well.
- Payment of application fee can be done through online mode using net banking/ credit card/ debit card or via demand draft.
- Application fee is expected to be Rs. 280/- and will be non-refundable.
Important Documents for Vidyasagar University B.Ed Admission 2023
Copies of the following documents must be enclosed with the application form before sending it to the university:
- Class 10th passing certificate or equivalent
- Marks sheet of class 10th or equivalent
- Class 12th passing certificate or equivalent
- Marks sheet of class 12th or equivalent
- Certificate for proof of birth (class 10th admit card or birth certificate)
- Receipt of application fees payment
- Mark sheets of Graduation and Post graduation exam (as applicable)
- Category certificates for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates
- Disability certificate for PWD candidates
- Copy of Vidyasagar University Registration Certificate if the candidates apply as VU applicants
Address to receive the form and enclosures
The application form and the accompanying documents should be sent to the following address:
Central Selection Committee for B.Ed Admission
Post office – Vidyasagar University, Midnapore – 721102 (West Bengal)
Vidyasagar University B.Ed Admission 2023 Merit List
- To shortlist the candidates for admissions, a merit list will be prepared by the relevant authorities.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in their qualifying exam.
- For the candidates with same ranking, appropriate tie-breaking rules will be implied to determine their ranking.
- Merit list will be made available on the official website of the university and can also be checked by the candidates.
- Candidates will then be invited to take part in the selection round as per their names in the merit list.
Vidyasagar University B.Ed 2023 Selection Process
- The selection of the candidates will be done strictly on the basis of their names in the merit list.
- Details of the selection process such as schedule, venue, etc will be communicated to the candidates through the official website.
- Candidates will have to report for the admission process along with their important documents- original and photocopy.
- The eligibility and documents of the candidates will be verified before offering them the final admission.
- Finally selected candidates should then complete the formalities of admission as per the schedule specified to them.