Centralized Admission Committee (CAC), Puducherry is the authority that holds the responsibility of conducting CENTAC 2023 counselling process. It is a joint counseling process to select the candidates for admission to all diploma, UG and PG courses offered in the Union Territory of Puducherry. A large number of government and private colleges in Puducherry participate in this counselling process. The candidates looking for admissions through CENTAC 2023 have to fill and submit an application form online. The application forms are released on different dates for various courses. Aspirants of medical and dental courses need to clear NEET exam before applying for CENTAC.
- It is compulsory for the candidates to have an active phone number in order to apply.
- The hardcopy of the university prospectus will be available at the cost of Rs. 75/- at all govt. colleges. Please note that purchasing the prospectus is completely optional.
- The merit list is prepared by the CENTAC based on the result of various entrance exams like NEET, JEE, etc. or on the basis of qualifying exams.
- All the important communication will be sent by the authority through SMS, Email address. So, you must enter the correct contact details in the application form.
- The counselling process will also take place in online mode only.
CENTAC 2023 Important Dates
|Schedule||Group II||Group III||Group IV|
|Starting of online application form submission||1st week of June 2023 to 3rd week of June 2023||1st week of June 2023 to 3rd week of June 2023||Last week of May 2023 to 2nd week of June 2023|
|Publication of the final merit list||3rd week of June 2023||3rd week of June 2023||3rd week of June 2023|
|1st round of counselling||Last week of June 2023||Last week of June 2023||Last week of June 2023|
|Last date for joining based on 1st round||2nd week of July 2023||2nd week of July 2023||2nd week of July 2023|
|2nd round of counselling||3rd week of July 2023||3rd week of July 2023||3rd week of July 2023|
|Last date for joining based on the 2nd round||1st week of August 2023||1st week of August 2023||last week of July 2023|
|MOP UP/ Next round of counselling||1st week of August 2023||August 2023||August 2023|
|MOP UP/ Next round of counselling||2nd week of August 2023||August 2023||August 2023|
|Group-VI: Lateral Entry (B.Tech/ B.Sc/ B.Com/ BCA/ BPA/ B.Pharm)|
|Starting of online application form submission||Last week of May 2023 to 2nd week of June 2023|
|Publication of the final merit list||4th week of June 2023|
|1st round of Counselling||Last week of June 2023|
|Last date of Joining based on 1st round of Counselling||1st week of July 2023|
|2nd round of Counselling||2nd week of July 2023|
|Last date of Joining based on 2nd round of Counselling||3rd week of July 2023|
|Next round of counselling||August 2023|
|Last date of joining||August 2023|
CENTAC 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are different for the various courses offered by the university. Interested candidates can check eligibility norms for different courses as given below.
- The minimum age of an applicant for admission to MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ B.Sc/ B.V.Sc./ BPT courses should be 17 years.
- The maximum age limit for admission to BPT and B.V.Sc. is 25 years.
- B.Tech applicants should not be older than 21 years as on 31st December 2023.
- There are no criteria of age limits for admission to LLB/ BA LLB/ B.Pharm/ B.Tech (Lateral Entry) courses.
The educational qualification required varies for different courses. We have listed the required eligibility criteria for some of the popular courses as given below.
|MBBS or BDS||10+2 with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Biotechnology (40 % for OBC/ BCM/ MBC/ EBC/ BT/ SC/ ST candidates)|
|BAMS||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English subjects. Candidates also requires at least 50% marks (45% for OBC/ BCM/ MBC/ EBC/ OPH and 40% marks for SC/ST/BT candidates)|
|B.V.Sc. & AH||H.Sc (10+2) with at least 50% aggregate marks in Biology/Botany/Zoology, Physics, and Chemistry.|
|B.A (History, Economics, Philosophy, Tamil, English, French, Social work, Sociology)||Passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board|
|B.Sc. (Bio-technology, Applied Microbiology)||10+2 or equivalent with Biology / Botany / Zoology as one of the subjects|
|B.Com (General, Co-operative Management, Corporative Management, Corporate Secretaryship)||10+2 or equivalent with Accountancy/ Commerce as one of the subjects|
|BBA (General)||H.Sc. (10+2) or equivalent with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics / Commerce as one of the subjects|
|BCA||H.Sc. (10+2) or equivalent Mathematics / Business Mathematics / Computer Science / Computer Applications as one of the subjects|
CENTAC Application Form 2023
The submission of the CENTAC 2023 application form will take place in online mode only. Interested candidates may go through the instructions listed below to apply conveniently.
- To start the application process, the aspirants first have to visit the official website.
- After accessing the form, the candidates should provide accurate educational, personal and contact details.
- The details must be accurate because they will be verified during the later stages of the admission process.
- After entering the details, the candidates should upload the scanned images of their latest passport size photograph.
- Along with the photograph and signature, the candidates must upload the following documents on the official portal.
- Mark Sheet of the Qualifying Examination
- Residence Certificate (applicable for the govt. quota seats)
- Rural Certificate (only Rural Government Colleges will be considered)
- Certificate in support of the claim for reservation under different categories, viz., Community / Persons with Disability / Freedom Fighter / Ex-serviceman / Meritorious Sports Persons. (For Claiming Reservation benefit)
- Regional Reservation Certificate (Applicable only for Professional Under Graduate and Diploma Courses)
- Take a printout of the application form submitted and keep it safe for future requirements.
The application fees for different courses are as follows.
|SC/ ST||All other candidates|
|For Professional Courses (UG & PG)||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 1000/-|
|For PG Courses||Rs. 200/-||Rs. 400/-|
|All other Courses||Rs. 150/-||Rs. 300/-|
Mode of Payment: The fees can be paid online using a credit card/ debit card or net banking.
Merit List and Counselling
- After the application form submission, the authorities will release the CENTAC merit list 2023 on its official website.
- Then, the candidates will be required to take part in the online counselling process.
- In the counselling process, the aspirant will be required to give the preference for colleges and courses.
- Document verification will also take place during counselling. So, the candidates must bring their original documents while reporting for the counselling process.
- After the seat allotment, the aspirants have to report to the concerned college to finish up the admission formalities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can foreign nationals apply for admission through CENTAC 2023?
Answer: Only Indian Nationals are eligible for admission. However, French nationals residing in Puducherry and covered by the norms of Cession shall be treated as Indian Nationals.
Question – 2: I am not satisfied with the college allotted after 1st round of admission. Can I appear for the 2nd round of counselling?
Answer: Yes, if the student is not satisfied with the college allotted then he/ she may appear for the subsequent rounds of counselling.
Question – 3: How many rounds of counselling are conducted by the CENTAC?
Answer: It depends upon the availability of seats in a particular course.