AP PGLCET 2023: Admission into 2-year LLM degree program will be provided to the candidates on the basis of entrance exam. The AP PGLCET 2023 is a state-level entrance exam conducted for this purpose. Selected candidates will be provided enrolment into the law colleges of Andhra Pradesh. Candidates can submit their applications for this exam through online mode starting from the month of March 2023. The entrance exam is expected to be held in the month of May 2023. This article contains detailed information related to the AP PGLCET 2023.
AP PGLCET 2023
- Application fee once submitted is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Choice for exam center where the candidate wants to appeara for the exam must be provided clearly into the application form.
- Answer key for the entrance test will also be released and the candidates will be provided opportunity to raise their objections on the same.
- Those who have done 12th/ graduation/ post graduation directly without having basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible.
- Mere clearing the PGLCET does not give any right of admission. The candidate shall also satisfy eligibility criteria and other rules governing admission.
AP PGLCET 2023 Exam Dates
In the table below, the tentative dates related to AP PGLCET exam 2023 have been provided:
|Release of official notification||March 2023, 3rd week|
|Online application form availability||March 2023, 4th week|
|Last date to submit the application form||April 2023, 4th week|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 500/-||April 2023, 4th week|
|Opening of window for correction in the application form||April 2023, last week|
|Closing of application correction window||April 2023, last week|
|Downloading of admit card||May 2023, 1st week|
|Entrance exam date||May 2023, 1st week|
|Publication of preliminary answer key||May 2023, 1st week|
|Last date for receiving objections on answer key||May 2023, 1st week|
|Declaration of result||May 2023, 3rd week|
|Commencement of counseling round||May 2023, 1st week|
AP PGLCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Below-mentioned eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled by the candidates in order to appear for AP PGLCET 2023:
Nationality and Domicile
- Only Indian National candidates can apply for the PGLCET exam.
- The candidate should also satisfy Local/ non-local status requirement as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions) Order, 1974 and the amendments made thereto from time to time.
- Candidates with an LLB/ BL degree from a recognized law university scoring a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for OC/ BC category) and 45% marks in aggregate (for SC/ ST category) are eligible.
- Those appearing in the LLB/ BL final year exam in the year 2023 are also eligible to apply.
AP PGLCET 2023 Application Form
Candidates who wish to appear for the entrance test need to submit their AP PGLCET application online. Those who meet all the eligibility requirements for the test can proceed with the application.
- Before starting the application process, the candidates are required to make payment of prescribed application fee.
- A basic form needs to be filled and submitted for the fee payment providing details like name, email id, phone number, etc.
- Upon successful fee payment, the candidates can login using their payment reference ID, qualifying exam hall ticket number, mobile number and date of birth to fill the application.
- In the application form, personal, academic, contact, category and other details will be asked.
- Candidates also need to upload their photograph and signature into the application form in scanned format.
- After all the required information is provided into the application form, the candidates can make its final submission.
- A printout of the submitted application form should be taken by the candidates and kept for future reference.
- The candidates need to submit an application fee of Rs. 850/- + processing fee for the PGLCET exam.
- Payment of the fee can be done online using debit card/ credit card/ net banking and offline from the nearest APOnline centre using cash.
AP PGLCET 2023 Exam Pattern
The AP PGLCET 2023 exam pattern has been discussed below:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 90 minutes
- Medium of exam: English
- Number of questions: 120
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 120
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark.
|Parts||Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Part A||Jurisprudence||20 questions||20 marks|
|Constitutional Law||20 questions||20 marks|
|Part B||Public International Law||16 questions||16 marks|
|Mercantile Law||16 questions||16 marks|
|Labour Law||16 questions||16 marks|
|Crimes & Torts||16 questions||16 marks|
|IPR & Other Laws||16 questions||16 marks|
|Total||———||120 questions||120 marks|
AP PGLCET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for the AP PGLCET exam 2023 is provided here:
Part A syllabus:
- Jurisprudence: Custom Precedent & Legislation, Rights & Duties, Schools of Jurisprudence, Obligation, Persons, Property, Liability and Legal Sanctions
- Constitutional Law: Center-State Relations, Fundamental Rights, Amendments to the Constitution, Directive Principles of State Policy, Executive, Judiciary & Legislature and Emergency Provisions
Part B syllabus:
- Public International Law: United Nations, International & Municipal Law, Asylum, State Territory, Extradition, Nationality & Statelessness, State Jurisdiction and Air, Sea & Outer Space
- Mercantile Law: General Principles of Contract
- Labour Law: Industrial Disputes Act 1947 and Trade Union Act 1926
- Crimes & Torts: General Principles of Tort, Indian Penal Code, Consumer Protection Act, 1986, Defences, Joint Liability and State Liability
- IPR & Other Laws: Information Technology Act, 2000, Environmental Protection Act 1986, The Protection of Human Rights Act 1993, Right to Information Act 2005and Copyright Act 1957
AP PGLCET 2023 Admit Card
- Candidates can download their admit card for appearing in AP PGLCET 2023 from the official website www.sche.ap.gov.in.
- The admit card can be obtained by the candidates using their registration number, qualifying examination hall ticket no and date of birth.
- After downloading, the candidates should take a printout of the admit card and carry it to the exam center.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to carry their admit card at the exam center or else they won’t be allowed to take their exam.
Centers of Entrance Test
The PGLCET exam will be conducted at the following centers:
Anantapuramu, Chittoor, Tirupathi, Kadapa, Kurnool, Nandyal, Nellore, Ongole, Guntur, Vijayawada, Bhimavaram, Kakinada, Rajamahendravaram, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, Srikakulam
AP PGLCET 2023 Result
- Authorities will declare the AP PGLCET result 2023 through online mode in the month of May.
- Rank card of the candidates will also be made available on the official website one week after declaration of result.
- Based on their ranking, a merit list of the candidates will be prepared according to which they will be called for counseling.
AP PGLCET 2023 Counseling
- Candidates who clear the entrance exam will be invited to attend the counseling round as per the schedule decided by the authorities.
- Details of the counseling process will be communicated to the candidates via the official website.
- Applicants reporting for the counseling must carry with them all the important documents in original and photocopy.
- Documents of the candidates will be verified and they will be asked to provide their choice for institute in which they seek admission.
- Based on their choice, rank and successful verification of documents, seats will be allotted to the candidates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What if the amount is debited from my account and payment status shows message ‘Payment Details Not Found’?
Answer: In such case, the candidates are required to make a fresh payment of the application fee and the amount debited earlier will be reversed into the account from which it was deducted.
Question 2: What is the minimum qualifying mark in AP PGLCET to be considered for admission?
Answer: The qualifying marks in the entrance test will be 25% for OC/ BC candidates. There will be no qualifying marks for SC/ ST candidates.
Question 3: I am not able to download my rank card. What should I do?
Answer: In case of the any difficulty in downloading the rank card, the candidates are advised to contact the Convener’s office.