Candidates interested for admission into the International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM) need to clear an entrance exam. Along with this, group discussion and personal interview of the candidates will also be conducted. The application form for appearing in the exam has been released now. The online entrance test is expected to be held in the month of May 2022. In this article complete details about the IIHM eCHAT 2022 entrance exam can be found.
IIHM eCHAT 2022 application form has been released now.
IIHM eCHAT 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to IIHM eCHAT 2022 are given in the table below. Actual dates will be updated once announced by the authorities.
|Major Activities||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of prospectus & application form||Released|
|Last date for receiving the application form||To be announced|
|Issue of admit card||To be announced|
|Date of entrance exam||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
|Date for group discussion & personal interview||To be announced|
|Declaration of final result||To be announced|
IIHM eCHAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled by the candidates who wish to appear for IIHM eCHAT 2022:
- The age of the applying candidates should not be more than 22 years as on 1st of July 2022.
- Applicants should have passed the class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board with English as one of the compulsory subjects.
- Those appearing in their class 12th exam in the year 2022 are eligible to apply as well.
IIHM eCHAT 2022 Application Form
The institute will release the application form for IIHM eCHAT 2022 on the official website. The candidates can either fill the form online or download it and then fill offline. Alternatively, the candidates can collect the form and the prospectus from the IIHM campuses.
- Candidates need to enter details like name, gender, category, qualifying exam marks secured, passing year, etc into the application form.
- Copies of photograph and signature of the candidates should also be uploaded/ affixed on the application form.
- After providing all the information in the form, the candidates should check for any error and if found should remove it.
- Duly filled application form correct and complete in all manners can then be submitted along with the application prescribed fee.
- Online application can be submitted online whereas offline application can be sent to the institute via post or in person.
- The offline form must be submitted at the same IIHM campus from where it was purchased.
- The applicants are advised to keep a copy of the filled-in application form safe with them for future correspondence.
- Candidates need to pay an amount of Rs. 600/- as application fee for IIHM eCHAT 2022.
- For online application, payment of the application fee can be done using credit card/ debit card/ net banking
- For application form sent via post, courier or purchased in person, the fee payment can be via cash, cheque or demand draft.
- The DD should be drawn in favor of “International Institute of Hotel Management”, payable at Kolkata/ Delhi/ Pune/ Bangalore/ Jaipur/ Ahmedabad/ Hyderabad as applicable.
IIHM eCHAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Check out the basic overview of IIHM eCHAT exam pattern 2022 below:
- Mode of exam: Online mode
- Duration of exam: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 50
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Important topics: General Awareness, English, Aptitude and Analytical Reasoning
IIHM eCHAT 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card for the IIHM eCHAT 2022 will be made available on the official website of the institute.
- Candidates should download their admit card and take its printout to be carried to the exam center.
- Details related to the entrance exam like schedule an center will be mentioned on the admit card along with important instructions.
- Those without a valid admit card will not be allowed to enter the examination hall under any circumstances.
- Admit card is an important document that will also be required at the time of admission and therefore should be kept safe by the candidates.
IIHM eCHAT 2022 Result
- At first, the authorities will declare the result of the online entrance exam in the month of May 2022 (tentatively).
- Candidates who clear the exam will have to appear for the group discussion and personal interview round.
- Choice for the institute will also be asked from the candidates at the time of GD and PI.
- Final result will be made available on the official website of the institute expectedly in the month of June 2022.
- Those who clear these rounds as well will be invited to take part in the further admission process.
IIHM eCHAT 2022 Selection Process
- After the final result is announced, the selection letter of the candidates will also be made available on the official website which should be downloaded by the candidates.
- Details of the institute allotted to the candidates will be communicated through this selection letter.
- After that, the candidates need to fill an admission form and upload scanned copies of the important documents.
- The candidates also need to make payment of the specified amount of fees and upload the proof of payment.
- All the documents will be verified and after successful verification, welcome letter will be sent to the candidates.
- Candidates can then report to the allotted institute and complete the rest formalities of admission.
IIHM eCHAT 2022 FAQs
Question 1: How do I receive my prospectus if I submit my application online?
Answer: The IIHM prospectus will be sent to the candidates via post on their corresponding address even if the application was submitted in online mode.
Question 2: Can I receive my admit card through any mode other than online?
Answer: The admit card can be downloaded by visiting the official IIHM website and logging into candidates’ account using eCHAT id and password. Other than this, it will also be mailed to the registered email address of the candidates and can be downloaded from there. No other mode is available.
Question 3: Where are the different IIHM campuses located?
Answer: The IIHM campuses are located in the following cities:
Question 4: How can I get exam center of my choice to appear for IIHM eCHAT 2022?
Answer: You can provide your choice for exam center at the time of filling the application form. The exam center will be however allotted to you subject to availability and might differ from the one selected.
Question 5: Is it mandatory to appear for the group discussion and personal interview round?
Answer: Yes. Only those candidates who clear the group discussion and personal interview round in addition to qualifying the online entrance test. Without clearing these rounds, candidates will not be considered for admission.