The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the ‘National Eligibility cum Entrance Test’ (NEET 2022) for admission into the MBBS and BDS programmes offered by the medical institutes. The NEET is national level examination which is conducted every year. Candidates will be eligible to apply for NEET 2022 after passing the 12th examination. NEET has replaced AIPMT after the Supreme Court ruling in 2016. Now, NEET is the only exam which is conducted for admission into all medical institutes of India to pursue a Bachelor programme like MBBS and BDS.
The post has been updated with all the necessary details of the NEET 2022 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, and Important Dates.
Salient features about NEET 2022
|Exam name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||NEET|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of exam||National level|
|Examination Mode||Pen and Paper Mode|
|Exam category||UG Medical|
|Courses offered||BDS and MBBS|
|Minimum eligibility||10+2 with science stream|
|NEET 2022 application form date||November 2021|
|Application fee||Rs 1400/- (Unreserved & OBC) and Rs 750 (SC/ST/PwD)|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Number of Sections||3 (Physics, Chemistry and Biology)|
NEET 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates for the NEET 2022 has been provided in the following table. It is important that the dates assigned to all the events related to the NEET 2022 and it will be at the sole discretion of the NTA to set any change in the schedule of the exam.
|S.No.||Name of the Event||Dates|
|1.||Release date of information brochure||November 2021|
|2.||Date for application form submission (including uploading photo & signature)||November 2021|
|3.||Date for successful final transaction of fee||November 2021|
|4.||Correction in the form||January 2022|
|5.||Admit card release date||April 2022|
|6.||Commencement of the Exam||May 2022|
|7.||Date for the announcement of Result||June 2022|
|8.||Admission Counselling||June 2022|
NEET 2022 Application Form
The details of the NEET 2022 application form has been providing in the following points which candidates need to keep in mind while submitting the same:
- The application form will be available only on the official website of NTA and the forms might be accessible from November 2021.
- Candidates can fill the application form through the online mode only.
- After filling all the details in the application form, candidates need to take the printout of the application form.
Details of the NEET Application Fee
- The application fee for NEET 2022 will be Rs. 1400.
- Candidates of the reserved category need to pay Rs. 750 as the NEET application fee.
- The application fee can be paid through the credit card/debit card/ net banking.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through the bank challan as well.
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to make sure that they fulfill the NEET eligibility criteria as provided in the following points:
- Indian Citizens/Overseas Citizens of India willing to have MBBS/BDS from a foreign Medical/Dental Institute they need to qualify NEET UG 2022.
- Candidates must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology (PCB) and English individually.
- Moreover, he must have secured at least 50% marks (40% for the reserved category) taken together
in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology at the higher secondary level (12th).
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the first year MBBS/BDS Course.
- Candidates of Candidates of Unreserved Category should be born on or between 05.05.1997 and 31.12.2005. SC/ST/OBC/PwD Category candidates should be born on or between 05.05.1992 and 31.12.2005.
- The upper age limit for NEET 2022 is 25 years. Relaxation of 5 years in age will be provided to candidates of SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
Number of attempts for NEET 2022
The attempt limit rule has been removed in NEET exam. You can also check it @official website of NEET exam.
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
The NEET 2022 exam pattern will be as per the details provided in the following points:
- The examination will be comprised of an objective question paper.
- The test will be conducted through pen and paper mode.
- The medium of the exam will be exam English, Hindi, or Vernacular.
- The number of question in the exam will be 180.
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- Every question will be of 4 marks.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark as well for the incorrect answer of a question.
The table given below gives an overview of marks distribution for the NEET 2022:
|S.No.||Subject Name||Number of Questions||Marks assigned|
The admit card of NEET 2022 will be issued to those applicants only who successfully registered for the exam. The conducting body will release the admit card according to the given schedule. Candidates can get their respective admit cards through online mode from the official website of NEET. The Admit Card will contain important details related candidate and exam such as Name of candidate, Date of Birth, date & time of exam, and examination venue etc. Candidate should bring the admit card at the examination center. No candidate will be allowed to write for the exam without holding a valid admit card.
NEET Syllabus 2022
NEET 2022 Syllabus will be set by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Generally, the syllabus of NEET is based on Class 11 and 12 topics. The chapters/ contents covered in NEET Syllabus usually include sections of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from NCERT or recommended books. Some of NEET 2022 important topics are listed below:
NEET syllabus for Physics
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Energy and Power
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Current Electricity
- Electronic Devices
NEET syllabus for Chemistry subject
- Structure of Atom, States of Matter
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Solid State
- Environmental Chemistry
- Plant Physiology
- Cell Structure and Function
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
- Ecology and Environment
- Human physiology
- Biology and Human Welfare
The result for the NEET 2022 exam will be announced by the authority as per the given schedule. The candidates will be able to check their result through online mode from the official website. To check/download the result, Candidates will have to enter their registration number or Roll number. The authority will not send scorecard via post or any other offline mode.
The cut off for NEET exam 2022 will be published after the announcement of result. The NEET 2022 cutoff will be decided after considering some factors like difficulty level of exam, number of appearing applicants, seat availability and previous years’ cut off etc. The cut off list will be comprised of NEET All India category wise ranks of the qualified students. It is necessary for the candidate to clear sectional wise and overall cut off in order to be eligible for the counseling process.
The selection or admission criteria of NEET 2022 for all the participating states may be different from each other. However, the basic criterion is to clear the sectional and overall NEET Cut Off 2022 as decided by the conducting body i.e. NTA There will be two merit lists declared by the NTA namely All India rank and State Level rank. Candidates satisfying such criteria are eligible for the next level of the selection process.