The knowledge of the Assam CEE Exam Pattern will help the aspirants in getting an overview of the exam even before appearing for it. Different questions always arise in the mind of candidates such as what will the exam duration, what is the marking scheme, is there any negative marking, etc. The exam pattern will answer all such queries arising in the mind of the candidates. The candidates preparing for the entrance test should familiarize themselves with the exam pattern as well as Assam CEE Syllabus beforehand.
Assam CEE Exam Pattern
The candidates can have a look at the detailed Assam CEE Exam Pattern which is given below.
- Duration of the exam: The total duration of the common entrance test will be 180 minutes (3 hours).
- Mode of exam: The exam will be conducted as a pen and paper-based exam (OMR sheet).
- Number of questions: The total number of questions asked in the exam will be 120.
- Question type: Only objective type (multiple-choice) questions will be asked in the exam.
- Medium of exam: The question paper will be in English and Assamese language.
- Total marks: The question paper will carry a total of 480 marks.
- Marking scheme: For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded to the candidates.
- Negative marking: For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
How to mark answers on OMR sheet?
- The candidates will be provided a test booklet containing the questions and an OMR sheet to mark their answers.
- On the OMR sheet, question number and 4 options corresponding to the question will be printed.
- The candidates will have to check the question from the test booklet, solve it on the rough sheet and mark the answer on the OMR sheet.
- To mark the answer, the candidate will have to darken the bubble given alongside the options.
- The bubble should be darkened properly or otherwise it will not get detected by the optical scanner and no marks will be given for the answer.
- Darkening more than one bubble will mean a wrong answer and marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
- At the end of the exam, the test booklet can be carried by the candidates but the OMR sheet should be submitted to the invigilator.